Two Questions.....

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got my SRT today, thanks to Gary Almond! My first question is how in the hell do you get rid of the seat belt warning thingy as I've affectionately named it. It drives me nuts, and the only way to get rid of it is to actually wear my seat belt, which *****. Second question is how much will it cost me to get the Nav. system, and is it Sirus ready or is that another add?

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1-Congrats on the new ride and the deal you got!!!!!!!

2-nav systemhttp://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB24&Number=487312&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post490846
in the supplier foruns group buy

I purchased th Magellan RoadMate 700 it is portable and easy to work with.Scale 1-10 its a 10

3-SEAT BELT WARNING again this was posted but you have to do it every time you start car.Final GTS posted about this Iam thinking about getting a seat belt from junk yard and sliding it in.(that is what i do in the rest i own)
maybe something in owners manual about it or dealer

Also ther is a trick to put your snake to sleep to

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Carrot....what up in Dallas. There is a previous post on tuning off the seat belt thingy. I have to look for it. In the supplier section there is a post by Final GTS on the nav system. I have see prices from 1339 to 1450. You should also get the separate DVD changer and wire independently(there is a post recently on this board within the past two weeks.) Bob

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
big carrot did you not ask three questions
1 seat belt thingy
2 how much
3 Sirus ready or is that another add?
:D ;)

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah yeah, so it was three questions! lol The seat belt thing is the most pressing! That thing kills me!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Big Carrot!

Congrats on your new ride, you will love it!

Here are the answers you need:

1: To eliminate the seat belt warning, simply push seat all the way forward, and disconnect the electrical connector that comes up through the carpet and connects to the lower back of the seat.

2: For information on the RB-1 and to jump into the group buy, please see my thread.

RB-1 Group Buy and Info

3: Sirius Sat. Radio is an add-on to the Nav system. The system can also control a CD changer at the same time as Sat radio, and toggle between them in AUX mode.

Thanks!

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully the red seat belt warning light won't bother you. It will stay on when you start the vehicle even with the connectors disabled.

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I turned the key and all that jazz and got rid of the seat belt thing. The nav. I think I'll wait on since I usually know where I'm going. That's $1400 that could go towards heads, or a blower, or a cam, or a ....... ;) I do love the car! It's sooooo much nicer than my ACR!! I feel like ole' red thinks I'm cheating on her, but it sure is nice to have ABS, convertible top, cd changer, cup holder, glove box, that new car smell, hell, I could go on and on!! Raw, but refined! I'd be set if I had cruise control!

Viperized

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about wearing your seatbelt for when the beast decides to send you spinning wildly down the road? Seatbelts save lives, Life is good, no great. Especially true for those of us that are lucky enough to have these fun toys.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BigCarrot, congrats and it looks like you’ve seen the light.

Don’t despair. There is a way to permanently rid yourself of the annoying seatbelt warning. I was reading about it in my owners manual just last night. It does require some dexterity however.

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is silver, cup holders rule, seat belts don't, and I got rid of the seatbelt thing already! :2tu:

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:Big Carrot-The nav. I think I'll wait on since I usually know where I'm going.

is this because everyone tells you where to go
heheheheheheeheeheheheheheheheehehe

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
congrats on the srt!

Are you doing a nos setup on it as well. If you are, drop me an pm b/c i have a btr nos/propane kit for sale off my srt.

vd..

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seat belt warning turn off is permanent. You do NOT have to do it every time you start the car. Do it once, and you never have to hear the seat belt chime again. The seat belt warning light will stay lit if your seatbelt is not on, but that's all.

You don't have to disconnect anything.

The instructions are in your owners manual. I did it a while back, but I think that you just turn the car on, buckle and unbuckle the seat belt three times, then turn the car off. Check your owner's manual, the instructions are in it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohed2003