Two questions

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks in advance for your opinions.

1. I am thinking about putting on a Snake Oyl 2-1/4" cat back set up. I have hi flow cats and the stock muffler now. Anyone have the Snake Oyl set up? Pros or cons? Too loud, tinny, etc.?

2. For those that use a water wetter: Which brand do you use and do you think it's a good product?

:dunno: :2tu:

Lake Murray Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks in advance for your opinions.

1. I am thinking about putting on a Snake Oyl 2-1/4" cat back set up. I have hi flow cats and the stock muffler now. Anyone have the Snake Oyl set up? Pros or cons? Too loud, tinny, etc.?

:dunno: :2tu:

If you already have high flow cats you could also go with the snake oyl muffler delete and spend less money. I have that on my car and it sounds good. It does have a drone around 2500 RPM's

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a Snake Oyl 2 1/4" cat back/muffler delete system on my car when I bought it. It's junk. The rear pipes are press bent and the tips stuck out about a foot. :omg: I used one of the resonators to replace the rusted out muffler on my wife's 280ZX.

I used Redline Water Wetter in a couple different cars I had, not the Viper. I can't say I noticed any difference. I read somewhere that putting a few drops of dish soap in the coolant does the same thing.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used Redline Water Wetter in a couple different cars I had, not the Viper. I can't say I noticed any difference. I read somewhere that putting a few drops of dish soap in the coolant does the same thing.

I use Reline wetter water and it did work:2tu:
the Dish soap idea:omg: you don't want suds in the line.bubbles=trouble Wetter water keeps the water from forming air bubbles.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend the RamdonTech catback. Excellent quality, looks, and sound. JonB has a killer price on them too! The rear is an "X" pipe instead of the central muffler.

I used Redline water wetter. Don't know if it works, but couldn't hurt. I heard several folks say it gave positive results - do it!