Two things I noticed about the SRT today...

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I decided to change the oil today before putting the '03 away for the winter (for the most part). I owned an RT/10 and then a GTS before my gen 3. Is it common for the gen 3 valvetrain to sound like a sewing machine under the hood? At idle I can hear the valvetrain ticking and clicking. Please tell me that's normal. My car only has 12k miles, so I'm thinking it's entirely normal. My previous Vipers had a little top end noise too, so I'm not too concerned.

And while I was under the car draining the oil I noticed the brake cooling ducts under the factory fog lights. How cool is that!!! I'm assuming that was factory huh? I just purchased the car a month or two ago so I'm making the assumption it's stock. I was tickled to see Dodge put brake cooling ducts as a factory item. :2tu:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At idle I can hear the valvetrain ticking and clicking. Please tell me that's normal.
I think the answers is, it's normal. The injectors.

I owned an RT/10 and then a GTS before my gen 3
Will you be changing your avatar then? I would love to see the Gen3 up there. Although It's hard to beat a GTS

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the answers is, it's normal. The injectors.
Will you be changing your avatar then? I would love to see the Gen3 up there. Although It's hard to beat a GTS

It`s the valve train he hears.The injectors are quiet compared to the ratly rockers.

Change it?It has the best gen in it allready.:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456