Ummmm, wow, the day the world changed a little bit

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long story short, it was raining here and I didn't have anything to do. As I stared out my window at the rain, I had an idea. I called a friend and told him to make plans to go to Atlanta. I called my Atlanta friend and told him I'd take him up on his offer. We then rode up to Atlanta and picked up his spare set of chrome Gen 2 wheels. Come home, and well....The McV is now McChromed! :D Better photos to follow once the weather clears up, I get the wheels clean and get to ******* :D

You must be registered for see images attach

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW! Are you feeling all right? I thought I would never see this day!

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow...it looks so McNormal. lol,,,,it looks good,,just have to readjust my eyes...its so chromey.lmao:lmao::lmao:

it needs to stop raining down there before you totally lose your mind.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, you in a car without yellow wheels is kinda like Santa riding a bike to deliver presents...it just ain't right.

Car looks good though.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, they look great and i like how the yellow sticker looks now

I was worried about how the sticker was gonna look and was thinking I'd prob have to take it off, but I like it as well! I just want the suspension to settle (from having the car jacked up) so some of that wheel gap disappears!

McChromed or McPolished?

Looks good!

From what I was told, McChromed

I'm not sure I can even Mc-recongnize the car!!!!:omg: Mc-change it back

It may end up being the McV again one day. These were a spare set of wheels sitting in a friend's basement (he bought some Gen 3 10 spoke). He told me 6 months ago I could put them on until he was ready to use them again, we just never put them on. He said today he may use them again, but it'd be at least a few months, and possibly not until next year sometime. So, I'm just gonna have my Kumho's mounted on them (so I'm not killing his tires) and testdrive them for a little while :D

I don't mean to be jaundiced but I liked it better the old way.

You're not the only one. Once we finished, my friend was like "I don't like it, it doesn't look right without the yellow". I like it, but it does look weird without the yellow. It'll take some getting used too, just like it took me a few weeks to get used to the yellow :)

wow...it looks so McNormal. lol,,,,it looks good,,just have to readjust my eyes...its so chromey.lmao:lmao::lmao:

it needs to stop raining down there before you totally lose your mind.

This is proof that idle hands are the devil's playground :D If it keeps raining, who knows, I may end up with a twin turbo! Or maybe matching chrome windshield wiper arms from Pep Boys :lmao:

Chad, you in a car without yellow wheels is kinda like Santa riding a bike to deliver presents...it just ain't right.

Car looks good though.

Thanks Kelly, it's going to take some getting used too seeing the chrome on the car and the yellows in my garage. Oh well, if all else fails, I'll put 2 yellow on one side and leave the chrome on the other. The best of both worlds! :rolaugh:

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wow it looks alot better, and to other viper owners it doesnt look like a decade old now... although the yellow was very unique to you, it looks alot better. and I'm sure you won't get the haters saying it looks like **** now, cause although I think the yellow looks cool, do you get alot of people saying it looks tacky or they hate that color combo? Like I seen that car in one of the worst 10 color list on cars before, now it looks like it could be brand new car , very modern :)

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just not worth $100k anymore without those tacky yellow rims. :lmao:

:usa:

You are aware that when I said I'd sell the car for $100k, I was joking, right? :dunno: I still like the yellow wheels, just trying something new for a little while. I'll keep your opinion in mind if I think about switching back though. Because afterall, we're all here to keep you happy and pretend like we give a damn about what you think.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Chad. I think that if you photoshop the pictures in your Avatar to show chrome rims, you will see that yellow is a better contrasting color to what is usually near your tires. I think the yellow has a leg up on the chrome. As for yellow rims being "unique" to you, I would be careful using that word around ******'s female employees.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow it looks alot better, and to other viper owners it doesnt look like a decade old now... although the yellow was very unique to you, it looks alot better. and I'm sure you won't get the haters saying it looks like **** now, cause although I think the yellow looks cool, do you get alot of people saying it looks tacky or they hate that color combo? Like I seen that car in one of the worst 10 color list on cars before, now it looks like it could be brand new car , very modern :)

The red/yellow combo is a love it or hate it combo, IMO. I've heard negative comments about it, but also plenty of positive comments. A lot of Viper owners told me that they didn't like it in pictures, but liked it much more in real life. I also heard this from some non-Viper owners as well. I tend to agree, the loud colors make it difficult to photograph, but it is much easier to like in real life. I've been at VCA events and had people (non-Viper owners) tell me that mine was their favorite b/c of the unique combo. I'm sure others hated it. I never really cared since they aren't the ones paying for it. I know a couple friends who are going to tell me they prefer the yellow over the chrome. I have one friend who has said plenty of times "the yellow makes the red pop even more, don't mess up and put chrome on here". Can't wait to see what he says when he sees it :D But, I've had the car for 3.5 years now, so its time to try something different. I agree though, its a whole new car now. Now, if this rain would clear out, I'd go drive it some :drive:

Originally Posted by Bobpantax
Hi Chad. I think that if you photoshop the pictures in your Avatar to show chrome rims, you will see that yellow is a better contrasting color to what is usually near your tires. I think the yellow has a leg up on the chrome. As for yellow rims being "unique" to you, I would be careful using that word around ******'s female employees.

Hey Bob, you're 100% right, the contrast is definitely less with the chrome vs. the yellow. Hopefully that won't cause it to lose its allure to the girls
wink.gif
Then again, its shiny now, so that may attract a couple more of the hot ditzy ones. "Oh look Sarah, I can see my face in his wheel!!"
lmao2.gif

Last edited:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me it just looks McWrong. Sorry.
The chrome isn't terrible, but I prefer the yellow.

In the end, it's your ride and if you don't want them reserving your spot at ******* anymore, well....that's your call. :D

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't look like Chad's car at all until there is a girl posing with it. Then it will seem normal. In all seriousness, I like the car with either set of rims.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks good either way. Always good to have options! I guess you could go with the chrome when you want to blend in (as in running really fast in a group of other red vipers after you've just been clocked by Macon's finest) and you can go with the yellow when you want to stand out in a crowd and be noticed (as in at a ******'s bikini contest). Variety is the spice of life!

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that weather really effected you Chad :D I thought I would never see the day of your Viper seeing anything other than the yellow wheels. The ****** girls arent going to know its you at first and may have to run a few tests to make sure :rolaugh:, which I am sure you will be more than willing to let them do. Car looks good, personally I love the chrome look. :2tu:

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When my flight instructor told me he was going to the flight school in Macon I told him to be on the lookout for a yelow and red Viper (he loves all Vipers)that really stands out. That being said ,my wife used to bleach her hair a different color and it was almost like having strange..anyway I understand.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte