Under car light kit

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just cause folks can afford a Viper doesn't mean that they have any taste.

I hate neon. But to each his own.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone ever thought about maybe adding a light to the inside of our hood scoops? Maybe a light green light that lights up inside the scoop would make it look like a beast is truly living under our hoods. The whole night rider thing got me thinking about this. Of course this would only be seen while looking at the car straight on. It has to be done in a way where you can't see any bulb(s) just the light that is emitted.

Yes - and then we could add some hair coming out of the scoop - to make it look like a masculine monsters nostril - maybe even a big booger in there to make it real like ... I know Nexus would buy one of those :D :2tu:

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bling Bling those lights and a set of 22's with spinners and your ready to roll ***** just make sure you got the hot beeeeeaach in the passenger seat.

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Tommy Archer worked for a long time to find the right intensity/color combination for the Compe Coupe during the time when PVO was developing the car. They tested the setup at Mid-Ohio last year and it looked like they were going to put it in production but it never happened. I guess DC figured it would be too expensive. Too bad.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know for a fact that DC did not eliminate it because of costs. Skip Thomas declared them to be illegal in Viperdays competition due to the unfair advantage its users would get. Skip said "even 10 points would not be enough to neutralize the photonic effect from properly placed neon enhancements."
If you could figure out a way to install them, but not let them show, maybe you could get them past the track marshals.
Certain tech inspectors would look the other way, but I would not try to get them past Courtney.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a red neon light INSIDE the airbox that was volume controlled. As I revved the engine, the light got brighter. I also had red strobes inside the headlights and some red neon tubes mounted in the back on each side of the muffler section so the road 'lit up' when I accelerated. All this was on my GTS, but I haven't switched it to the SRT yet. It was just a phase. Kinda glad I'm over it.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys knock it but it's a scientific fact that illumination propelled from an auto floorboard to the pavement "pushes" the car upward. In affect, making the car "lighter" which logically translates to faster 1/4 times on the dragstrip and longer pad life on the tracks. NASA has been working with these exact lights to aid in launches.

Pushing something up from a point doesnt make it lighter as you are putting a equal force on the ground.

If you are standing on a scale with a cane (cane is also on scale) and you put all of your weight on the cane, the weight will the be same. Pushing up on the car would only make it "lighter" if what is pushing up is not attached to the car. Even then, the car would weigh the same it would be putting less direct-force on the ground.

Come one ChuckO.

sheesh :)

Saph, you're not taking into account the subsequent reduction in friction resulted by illuminatively raising the car would have on wheel bearings and tires thereby translating into faster times and less wear on mechanical parts. But hey, if you wanna argue with NASA...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant