UNDERDRIVE Pulleys! 15 Rear Wheel Horsepower

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just released! Our custom Viper under-drive pulley set. This set, fresh out of the mill gives AT LEAST 15 RWHP. Includes new water pump pulley, crank pulley, alternator pulley and power steering pulley. You will NOT have a charging system issue with this set. We have properly sized everything to maintain the needed RPM with idles as low as 450RPM. We will refund your money with a smile if you dont pickup power with these. List @ $495 but the VCA members can have them for $399 (price only valid for the first 4 orders and does not include the required new shorter belt) Thanks to everyone for the great support on all of our new products!

You must be registered for see images

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,
Please give the short and sweet on installation (I never considered this mod, and do most of my wrench turning), is this a "bear" of a job on a Viper?
Also what % is the underdrive?
Thanks

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Joe on this, if it is fairly straightforward(I've done pulley swaps on F-bodys in the past), I'm in.
What's the total with the belt?
:)

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pulleys need to be installed by a shop or someone that at least has all the right tools. The pulleys will work fine on a Gen1 as well as Gen2. The waterpump pulley is matched with the rest of the set and does not cause any cooling issues, even with the stock radiators on a hot day. This is all tested by us at Willow Springs Raceway and on the streets of California before being offered for sale here. 2 sets left available at VCA member price.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
JASON- I would no problem doing installs of these pulleys over in this area... that may matter to some prospective buyers.

Also, can you post the underdrive ratios compared to stock pulleys, for each system? I would like to know for possible side application problems. how much shorter of a belt do you need?

I also strongly encourage you to produce a stock pulley sized system, for the market using S/C's, or other unforseen fittment problems.

Lastly, are they anodized or not? I can get it done locally to me if need be...definatly would ake them look prettier for a hell of a lot longer... colors too :2tu:

PS- Guys, This is not only an Underdrive system, but it is also rotating mass reduction! the stock Water Pump pulley is VERY heavy, the crank and Alt. pulleys are heavy, and the PS pump pulley is PLASTIC!!! You gain more than just underdrive with this setup.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These use a K???775 belt. (I dont know off the top of my head what the % underdrive is) The pulleys are anodized clear, but we can make them colored black, blue or red anodized also.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

Any chance of getting a dyno graph posted?

And are all the accessories under driven or just the main crank pulley?

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am installing another set on a stock 01 on the 26th. I will post the before and afters then. All the accessories are technically 'underdriven' as that is what the pulley set does. The pulleys are the 'street' set, not our race set so the alternator and power steering are not heavily slowed. Thanks

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pulleys need to be installed by a shop or someone that at least has all the right tools.

OK, but how involved IS it? Do I have to pull the waterpump, remove the radiator / front facia, blah blah blah blah blah?

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The crank and alternator pulley are really simple. The power steering pump and water pump require the proper tools. You dont need to remove the front fascia or radiator but you may find it easier to remove the water pump, based on the tool you have access to. With the Dodge tools you can do it all on the car. Some of the generic pullers make it to hard since the clearance is tight with the tower brace.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right at $650 installed. You can also just remove the water pump and power steering pump, send them into us and we will send back the pulley set and your 2 hard pulleys installed. Thanks

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, When will the SRT10 set be available? Please advise, the inquiry you got yesterday was for me.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The underdrive kit wont work with a paxton supercharger kit since it comes with special crank pulleys. The SRT10 set is about 6 weeks away.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE! The new pulley set (version 2.0 lets say) no longer requires you to press the power steering and waterpump pulley on. We now have a great collar that grabs just as good (if not better) than the press fit version. The production cost for these has gone up but we will keep the $495 price. Annodized clear for long lasting beauty.

You must be registered for see images

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry to bump this but does anyone know of or have this on a Roe charger system and how does it react?? kill boost or what?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah i would too $500 its worth it as long as it wont kill power on a charger

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am on it. I will be starting with a pulley kit for the Paxton owners, the request for that is overwhelming. Will have more info in a week or so on that.

I am also going to dyno test a crankshaft only pulley swap on the SRT. Hopefully next Thursday or Friday I will test that one for you SRT-10 guys/gals....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32