Update on the 97 GTS with the dirty engine compartment and the cash only deal

GotA350ZTT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm referring to these two posts:
http://forums.viperclub.org/general...038-buying-gts-question-regarding-paying.html
http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...-compartment-car-im-buying-pics-included.html

Well, I'm here in Michigan, and I picked the car up yesterday. Turns out everything was ok (sure glad I did all the leg work to get all checked out...I could have easily passed up this great deal on this immaculate car). The car in person was about 1000x cleaner than it looked in the pictures. The paint was spotless..not a paint chip or scratch anywhere, interior was just a little dusty from sitting, but smells brand new, engine compartment looked NOWHERE near as dirty as the pics looked, just needs a good wipe down. I'll definitely start working on detailing and flushing all the fluids as soon as I get it back to VA. For now, enjoy the pics:

You must be registered for see images

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club.
Now you have a keeper....they are far and few between in stock form and with those low miles.
Good luck with it! :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GotA350ZTT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome to the club.
Now you have a keeper....they are far and few between in stock form and with those low miles.
Good luck with it! :2tu:
Thanks :) For me it's welcome BACK. I've had 2 RT/10's, and then got a Vette which lasted a month before I realized I'd rather spend more and have a Viper lol.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get that in a garage!!! :) and replace those stock wheels asap. looks nice to me. how many miles?

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read all your posts and was wondering if you went ahead with the purchase. I know a number of us here were worried for you.

I am really happy it turned out great for you. Welcome to the club. I have 97 B/W also.....prepare for superstar status on the road!!

OP
OP
G

GotA350ZTT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
get that in a garage!!! :) and replace those stock wheels asap. looks nice to me. how many miles?

I'm working on it! The car had 6,324 miles when I picked her up. I'm making a road trip out of it and driving it back to VA...so it should have around 7,000 when it's back in the garage.

V

Venomiss

Congratulations and glad the purchase turned out well for you.:2tu:

Safe travel home.

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great that it turned out well! Looks like it must be north of me with that much snow still on the ground. Safe drive home.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Update on the 97 GTS with the dirty engine compartment and the cash only deal"

The title alone gave me a good laugh.... Glad it turned out ok..

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy for ya Dave....I can't wait to see the car.

ETA: I updated your status to Viper Owner...need ya to put your VIN in your profile though.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks and sounds like you did well!! Congratulations, be safe, and look where you want it to go! Get some experience in the car before you really hammer it......the torque can reach up and bite you!!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats, and enjoy! I love the 'light Blue' Vipers nearly as much as my Sapphire one.

Ted

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now there's a slap in the ****.

Not to mention. If you follow his threads from the beginning. He basically asks for everyones advice. THEN, talks himself into doing, what he was going to do from the very beginnning, regardless of our advice. Why ask for the advice then??

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to mention. If you follow his threads from the beginning. He basically asks for everyones advice. THEN, talks himself into doing, what he was going to do from the very beginnning, regardless of our advice. Why ask for the advice then??

Can you blame him? He asked for input while he was doing the due-diligence to check the car out and ended up with a winner. If he'd walked away because the internet said so, it would have been a mistake, but there's no harm in asking while working the process.

OP
OP
G

GotA350ZTT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Uhh, I asked for advice, and 9/10 of the responses said it looked fine and that it was just dirty. Based on that, I felt way more comfortable being completely serious about the car, and I'm glad I did. No need to get hasty about it.

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, its a great car and you did the right thing by asking for help here and you did receive some educated as well as concerned feedback (cash only posts) these folks here are the real deal.
It just would be nice if you gave some feedback about Miles and PRICE PAID so the rest of us looking to buy, sell or just to know where the market is at on the B&W as well as others, whats the secret :dunno: we are all here for the same reason.
Congrats on the car :headbang:

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It had 6300 miles on it when he picked it up. If he doesn't want to disclose the price paid it's his business, period.