Updated interior (almost finished)

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I removed the center console and armrest and had them covered in black suede with red stitching, and I hate how the ring around the shifter gets really hot, so I took some leftover CF wrap from the Porsche and wrapped it. The whole thing cost me $190. Just need to have the plastic pieces dipped now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 555
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 460
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 488

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
love the suede but personally I would go for CF over dipping the plastic- the suede with color stitching and CF combo looks similar to the LP640 interior package and is very nice.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good! I'm having the center console lid done in black leather to match the seats since I hate the feel of the vinyl. You guys are wizards with that wrap stuff... I have no clue how to do that!

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are wizards with that wrap stuff... I have no clue how to do that!

Doing it on a round surface is tough for an amateur like myself. I just was patient and used heat then stretch then heat then stretch then heat then stretch then heat then stretch then heat then stretch then. You get the point. I just went and bought a hair dryer from walmart for 8 bucks and used that.

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to have it matched, but I was concerned about the gray with the red stitching, and the oil from skin discoloring it. So I just went with the conservative black.

King_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to have it matched, but I was concerned about the gray with the red stitching, and the oil from skin discoloring it. So I just went with the conservative black.

Fair enough...I think it would look really nice if you switched the seats to match the console. Granted that is probably a nice chunk of money, but man it would look great. Either way, kickass!

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough...I think it would look really nice if you switched the seats to match the console. Granted that is probably a nice chunk of money, but man it would look great. Either way, kickass!

Thanks King, best part about it. It was cheap!

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is so friggin hot! You did that yourself?!

I just wrapped the shifter ring. I took the center console and armrest to the upholstery shop I use for other things. They hooked me up. I live in Addison, but work in Denton. If you want I can hook you up with their contact info.

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Xtreme Upholstery
709 Dallas Dr.
Denton, TX 76205

I'm going to give them the big piece behind the seats, just haven't taken it up there yet.

Tommii

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap at the suede leather and red stitching finish. Looks amazing. I'm about to chrome wrap my interior panels very soon!

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love the suede looks great! I need to send mine to those guys great price, you better warn them they may get a huge influx of viper club guys.

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if they will cut you guys the same break they did me. I do business with them regularly. If you guys get together and do it all at once I'm sure they will work out something with you. They are great guys to do business with.

Jason, if you do it make sure you have someone helping you. I could have done it faster if I had someone using the hairdryer. I'm not sure of it's long term usability though. Because that ring gets so hot from the trans and sun it might take a toll on it quickly, but I will let you know.

Hotrodder00

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you going to have the plastic pieces dipped in a CF pattern? I think it might look sweet in a gloss black to make the suede and CF bezel stand out.

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm undecided on that. Thought about doing the other plastic piece in suede too, and doing the radio piece in CF. I dunno yet.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your console/armrest look great! Next step steering wheel? That work would also look great on your door panels. Good luck and nice work, Mike

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, the coating on my center console is starting to peel. Is there a product that I can use to remove all of it?

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, the coating on my center console is starting to peel. Is there a product that I can use to remove all of it?
Everybody's peels at some point! You may be able to use rubbing alcohol on it. It's pretty mild and should do the trick. Otherwise take it to body shop and have them sand and paint it.

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your console/armrest look great! Next step steering wheel? That work would also look great on your door panels. Good luck and nice work, Mike

Mike every time I see that wheel I want to get mine done! I just need to pull the trigger. Maybe this winter when the car is sitting. Ah who am I kidding we don't have winter!

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Mike. I want to take mine off and take it to my guys. Did you remove yours or just take the car to them?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper