Upgrade your Viper to GT-2 for FREE! (photos)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this time of national tragedy, we have banded together in a show of unity. Flags are flying everywhere and many stores have run out. With the honor of owning one of America's premiere products, I thought it only fitting that I wear that pride on the streets. No antenna to mount a fabric flag, I contacted a local decal company. They were able to provide me with vinyl flags that were perfect:

<center>
You must be registered for see images

</center>

The placement on the driver's side was a no brainer, as the GT-2's have them on the C-pillar as well. I also liked the idea of placing one between the stripes on the back (which most cars inevitably get to view). I was in a quandry as to the passenger side, and decided to put one just behind the gas filler. The nice thing is that these are VINYL decals and are easy to remove. I applied one side when it was in the sun (VERY hot on a black car) and had no problems taking it off later. They leave no marks. It appears that the only risk, and a small one at that, is if your car sits in the sun for months and months - the paint may fade on the car while the paint under the decal does not.

Here is the deal: I bought a LOT of these decals for fellow Viper owners. I will give them to anyone that wants them - for FREE, including the postage. There are a couple conditions: You must own a Viper and these MUST go on your car. Nothing personal against other makes, but I didn't buy enough for all the folks that visit this site, especially if some just choose to throw them on their backpacks or on their desk. If you just want just one for the driver's side, great. If you want three of them like I did, no problem. My hope is that Vipers around the country will sport these. I am incredibly proud of our country and can't think of a better way to show it when I am out and about. Oh, and if you folks abroad would like to sport a decal (or three) on your Viper, I would be delighted to send you some for free as well!

If you are interested, please drop me an e-mail with your name, address, and number of decals you would like. I will get them out right away.

Chris

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Great idea Chris! Just sent you an e-mail.

Thanks!</FONT f>

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmmm...lemme see....Authentic Dodge GT-2 flag decal, looks exactly the same size, lists for $65 from Dodge!

Or, FREE from Chris Marshall.........

That rear-mounted decal is a great idea....that's all most see anyway! Id like one for that location, please. THANKS

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Chris has always been a generous spirit and he has often talked to me about how VCA is more a small nation of brothers/sisters than many other oraganizations. As he has offered to do this for free, make sure you make a donation to the American Red Cross for the money you saved on these flags.

Chris,

Call me today, as we would like to buy a large quantity to give our customers. This is a wonderful idea on showing our Nation's solidarity , as well as acknowledging the tragic loss to so many and symbolizing that they will NEVER be forgotten.

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Chris,
Thankyou!

As people and as a country we will never forget this tragedy.
I will proudly display the flag decals on my Viper. They will serve as a rememberance and reminder.

Ed

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, you have my e-mail. You do come up with good ideas. I can't wait to get them, and am going to immediately Z-2, Z-5, and Z-6 them (usual 3 times) when they get here. Thanks.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,
I would gladly put them on my Viper, I hope it's ok to put them flags on European Vipers too.... :)

/JP

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jp The Swede:
Chris, I would gladly put them on my Viper, I hope it's ok to put them flags on European Vipers too.... :)
/JP
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

JP......As I recall you have a few USA flag patches on your driving suit as well ?? OF COURSE it is OK to display "Old Glory" on your Viper. Thanks for the show of support.

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had a White Oval 'USA' sticker on the rear window of all of my cars for the past few years (and replaced them when they fade), much like the European ones you see (e.g. P, E, GB, D, A, etc.). They can be placed on the windshield with no marks left behind if removed.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chris! What a great way to show our Remembrance, Pride, and Support!! I am in!! Email has been sent!

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just send you an email... and thank you in advance
great idea and EXTREMELY generous of you to give not only the decals for free of your time as well!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have now shipped out about 210 flag decals. There are a few folks that neglected to tell me how many they wanted, so please check your e-mail just in case. If there are any other folks that want these for your Viper, please let me know. I hope to see LOTS of Vipers wearing red, white, and blue!

Chris

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,
Please check your private messages.
Thanks.
It is impossible to find even red, white , and blue ribbon over here let along flags etc.

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sent e-mail to you Chris! THANKS!!! That is way cool you're doing this. Still waiting on you guys going to the drags and you might let me know about the monthly Viper Club meetings.