Upgraded the snake today! Thanks SVS and Valaya Racing!!!

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I brought in my snake (98 RT/10) to Ted at Valaya Racing in San Jose for some minor repairs and most importantly, upgrades. The difference is night and day. First of all SVS was kind enough to overnight the new shifter to Valaya. I was having a new clutch installed, with the new SVS shifter, MGW nob, and while he was up there he put on a new Findanza lightweight flywheel. But the best part, the 3.55 rear gears. First off, the SVS shifter is amazing. The 2-3 shift miss is a thing of the past. Easy to go into reverse as well. With the new rear gears it feels like I just added 50hp, although I added 0. The power delivery in the speeds I use most (0-120) is unreal especially for not adding horsepower. I researched rear gears and flywheels on this site extensively and got mixed reviews. THEY ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY! This shifter and the gears should have come stock on these cars. No more bucking at slow speeds. On the highway, 4th gear flys now, and I actually use 5th as sort of an overdrive now (rare). RPMs stay high. Who cares its just gas right? :headbang:

Needless to say Ted at Valaya takes all the care in the world explaining things to customers. Next on the menu, Bellanger headers to go with my current Borla set up. Then heads, rockers and cam swap from a 97 GTS. I want to stay NA. Cheers to us few natural guys left!! :nana:

Man_Car

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the upgrades!! What RPM are you turning in 6th at 70? I've been thinking about 3:55's too but don't want to destroy my gas mileage.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet upgrade. I did the 3:55 gear swap years ago and I really love it,yeah I use all my gears more now(especially 1-4 gears around town) and I lost some top end speed but who looks to do 192 mph on the streets anyways?

I believe my GTS with the rear gears,intake and exhaust upgrades makes it quicker than my FE Coupe in a straight line race or atleast it feels that way to me...

And yes I love the lope of the 97 motor, especially with upgraded exchaust.

Working with a new Viper owner locally to install the Borla exhaust and Roe super high flow cats on his 01 RT/10 this weekend..cheap hp gains...and the sound is awesome... :headbang:

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next on the menu, Bellanger headers to go with my current Borla set up. Then heads, rockers and cam swap from a 97 GTS. I want to stay NA. Cheers to us few natural guys left!! :nana:

Why switch your cam? All Gen 2 motors up to 99 have the same 708 Cam.

OP
OP
G

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
REDSLED, I was told that the middle year car, the 96/97 GTS has a different more aggressive cam. I was told that this is a very common upgrade when doing new heads and rockers. I am not the expert, just stating what the expert said.

OP
OP
G

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Still don't see specific info on the cam. Mostly just a vague statement... I will check with my tech tomorrow and see if I can get an explanation...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas