USATODAY - muscle cars.. GTS..

S

SUN RA KAT

tHere's a lot of typos in the artical - a lot of those pricez were offf by $100,000 to much .

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUN RA KAT:
tHere's a lot of typos in the artical - a lot of those pricez were offf by $100,000 to much .

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry can't resist.

tHere's?
pricez?
offf?
to , not too?

(like I"m the one to talk!)

Gerald

Lawboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greald:

i think that was his point....
wink.gif

OMG! those prices are just stupid! a pristine 1958 corvette might go for $75k not $150.

WTH was in the 1967 corvette? wow!

the only 2 prices that i saw that were realistic were the Viper and the Mustang. the rest you could cut in half for a perfect show car.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the train collecting hobby, people who publish guides and books bias the prices for items they, personally, are wanting to sell or buy.

Hard to believe, huh?

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the Reno Air Races, Strega bounced real ******* landing after the final and actually looped the plane bending his propellor up and also putting a wrinkle in the bottom of his wing skin suggesting that he may have bent a wing spar when he hit the ground.

So one of Rare Bears guys, might have been Tom Penny, asked the Strega mechanic if the spar was bent.

The mechanic replice, "Depends if you're buyin' or sellin'..."

I just ate that up!

Tom

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking at a Vintage Ferrari this spring and told the seller his price was about 15K too high compared to what a well known Ferrari publication said it was worth. He told me the value of this model is increasing. When the next issue came out... the value of that model went up to the exact asking price of the Ferrari in question. I later found out he is a contributing editor. I hardly believe it was due to a sale of another example as there are only 50 of this type and I checked past issues and the value had not changed in years.

I have seen many Camaros go for above 100K though. rare perfect examples.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
Sorry can't resist.

tHere's?
pricez?
offf?
to , not too?

(like I"m the one to talk!)

Gerald

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget "artical"! (a-r-t-i-c-l-e)

I'm smilin', I'm smilin, See?
supergrin.gif