Used Hoosier A6 race slicks just listed

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to distract from the thread, but how do you use the A6s? I use R6s and pretty much run them until they cord....I've heard that the A6s don't like more than a couple of laps (I run TTU in the SE so a couple of laps is fine); but if you have experience running them for 15-20 minutes at a time that'd be good to know.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, my only data on the A6s come from the group of C5Z guys here that do get 8-10 sessions out of a set running 10-15 minutes sessions. Vipers and C5Zs may handle them differently - looking for your impressions of 'em.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
In your ad you state rear size as 345 x 35 x 19, they don't make R6's in this size. Are the rears 345 x 30 X 19 or 345 x 35 x 18?

Also, when were they made, i.e. what's the "born on date code" on the side of each tire?

May be interested.

Dan

PS Love the color of your car.....

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A6 v R6. A6 is the best TIme trial tire hands down IMO, also good race qualifier and race tire depending on conditions. The A6 will drop off bit then come back in a 20 min race. I know lots of guys who run them to the cords. After about 6 cycles they are pretty consistent to the end of life. They last just as long as R6 for me, but I always follow Hoosier guides and sit them for a day after first heat cycle. I also flip them on the rim after a couple sessions for even wear. This helps with performance too. The 345's are 30/19 sized. Hoosier recommends use within two years of purchase. They are all from 2011 season so should be used this year.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus 1 here... I have set that has seen 2 full weekends at Road America. They are certainly consistant, wear well, and pretty quick.

Steve A.

A6 v R6. A6 is the best TIme trial tire hands down IMO, also good race qualifier and race tire depending on conditions. The A6 will drop off bit then come back in a 20 min race. I know lots of guys who run them to the cords. After about 6 cycles they are pretty consistent to the end of life. They last just as long as R6 for me, but I always follow Hoosier guides and sit them for a day after first heat cycle. I also flip them on the rim after a couple sessions for even wear. This helps with performance too. The 345's are 30/19 sized. Hoosier recommends use within two years of purchase. They are all from 2011 season so should be used this year.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The C5 guys change 'em every day....but they used to win between 2 and 4 tires per weekend with the now defunct Hoosier contingency. Running against Billy Gropp, and Larry Carter as well as a host of evil-juiced GTRs, I wasn't a threat for tires in TTU! I see a set of A6s in my future!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NASA; Hoosier has been a contingency sponsor for 3 or 4 years and have pulled out, at least in NASA SE region.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will take some of those r6 ez off your hands if you still have some, i use factory acr wheels on a 10 acrx

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the misinformation. Hoosier does still support NASA (ran with them this weekend but broke) and learned that the grousing I had heard was the change to the contingency....the fields required for winning tires got much larger and to some classes, that essentially means no contingency since there are never enough cars in those classes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen