Using a lift on the Viper

JBW1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ordered a new ring and pinion for my Viper. I am going to install it myself with help from a friend. Has anyone used a lift to pick up their Viper? I am wondering about the points where I should put the lifting pads. It is a typical two post above ground lift. Any other advice about the gear swap?:drive:

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you ever done a ring and pinion gear change? Do you have the correct setup tools?If the answers are no then you dont want to do this yourself. Now if your are doing a rear end assembly swap thats a different story.

OP
OP
J

JBW1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have you ever done a ring and pinion gear change? Do you have the correct setup tools?If the answers are no then you dont want to do this yourself. Now if your are doing a rear end assembly swap thats a different story.

That is where the friend comes in. He is the best I know. I have to take the pig out for him. He is very busy to spend all day with me.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is where the friend comes in. He is the best I know. I have to take the pig out for him. He is very busy to spend all day with me.

Pulling the assembly is easy stuff on this car, the car has jack points on the frame if you look under it you will see them.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the front, I am on the frame just inboard of the jack points. The rear I extend the arms and get under the frame where it is closer together (side to side)
You may have to use a floor jack to get the back tires off the ground a little to swing the rear arms in. The front arms are usually ok.