Using WB as Narrow Band Sensor

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone ever use their Wide Band Sensor (Innovate LC-1 in my case) narrow band analog output and eliminate the factory narrow band 02 sensor? I might try to do this and get the best of both worlds. My LC1 analog output #1 can be configured as a narrow band signal and used right into the PCM in lieu of the factory 02 sensor. THis way, I can have both my wide band gauge and an excellent narrow band input. From what I read in the LC1 manual, I just need to snip the factory signal wire and hook up the analog #1 output to it. Obviously would need one in each collector, but then I would have a WB gauge/log for each side too.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried very, very hard to get this to work as well Eric. When I first installed my innovate I tried to wire it in to eliminate my stock O2. The car would not run and it was throwing O2 sensor codes. I talked to Sean and Chuck and they confirmed that the sensor signal is read differently by the PCM. The normal 0-1V analog signal put out by the innovate is incorrect for our purpose. Not sure why Dodge had to make it this way. On my RX-7 I just eliminated the stock O2 with my innovate lc-1 and wired it into the stock ECU.

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. That really blows and it figures...too good to be true. With the cold weather, I had some spare time and was going to do the drivers side just as an experiment. I guess I won't waste my time chasing down this rabbit hole. I might still get that additional LC-1 for the passenger side so I have a WB in both banks.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I have LC-1s on each side. I was hoping to just use the stock O2 bungs as well, but I had to remove the side sills so I could add the bungs at the turn outs. Then I have them going to the VEC and a single XD-16 gauge inside.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960