V-1 hard wire install

BLKSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard wiring the V-1:

First take the power cord that came with your v-1 (I originally received a coiled power cord and a straight cord for hard wiring) and from the phone jack adapter that plugs into the unit measure 8-10 inches and cut the wire (I prefer having my V-1 close to the mirror on the left side I can see it with my peripheral vision).
8415v-1-2.jpg

You probably will see three wires colored RED GREEN and YELLOW. Ignore the yellow it is not used. Red is pos. and green is neg. Strip 1/2 inch of insulation from the Green and Red wire..

Next, prep the mirror. I tilted the mirror down and removed the large plug that feeds into the back of the mirror (the small plug on the mirror wire feeds the blinking alarm light).

There are three wires going into the plug. The two wires next to each other are both positive, the third wire at the opposite end of the plug is negative.

Carefully remove a band of insulation around the negative plug wire and one of the positive plug wires. I used a razor blade – but wire strippers would work fine.

Twist the pos. V-1 (red)wire around the exposed pos. plug wire. Repeat for the neg. wire.

I added a drop of solder- but my experience is that it is not necessary if you twist the wires together tightly- My Corvette went 5 years with no problems and no solder.

Use two small pieces of Black electric tape to insulate the two individual wires and one slightly longer piece (11/2 inches) to wrap everything tight (remember to cut the tape-not tear)

8415v-1-3.jpg

Position the V1 and plug it in.

Remember to turn it on and off as the power source IS NOT SWITCHED.

8415v-1-2.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pics. used my wifes camera instead of mine.

jcmacsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BLksnake,
One thing I don't understand the wirer that comes out of the unit is like a phone jake plug is that the wirer you cut? If not what did you do with all the extra wirer? My wirer coming out of the V-1 plugs into another wirer with a plug and base remote connector box. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302