VA/MD Crab Feast Cruise – Saturday June 9th – Neigboring Regions welcome!

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:usa: :usa: :usa:
The 9th annual Crab Feast Cruise for the VA/MD region will be on Saturday June 9th. Reservation forms have been mailed to all VA/MD VCA members. This year there will be a free T-Shirt given to all members who participate. VA/MD members should get their reservations back to me no later than May 12th so the T-Shirts can be ordered in the right sizes. If you are a VA/MD member and did not receive the form via mail, click on the link below.

If you are a VCA member in another region, you are welcome to attend. It would be great if we could get some members from other regions to be with us. This is a reservation only event, so if you would like to come, here is the link to the reservation form:

http://www.vamdviperclub.org/html/downloads/crabfeast9.pdf

Print the reservation form out, and follow the instructions on the form. Also, please write your VCA region on the top of the return portion of the form, and make sure you indicate your T-Shirt size(s). My contact information is on the form, so if you have any questions, need hotel information, or you want to set up an out of state starting point for you and other members, feel free to get in touch with me via phone or email.

Hope to see you there.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've gone to this event when I lived in Maryland and recommend that if you can go do so...if it was not such a long drive from Florida I go this year!

I miss you all up there and if in Florida for a visit let me know...Bob Z.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check is in the mail Gus. There is NO WAY I am missing this. Thanks for all the hard work you do setting this stellar event up.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus, you are to be commended for your hard work and dedication for putting together such a great event every year. I was at the luncheon last week for the va/md club and I told all the new members that the crab feast was a class event and should be attended by all....Thanks again and see you on the "shore".

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will definately be there also. I have to get the t-shirt with my car on it and I am looking forward to be seeing everybody there.

Thanks Gus for having Steve and I be a part of this. We had a good time as usual.

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've gone to this event when I lived in Maryland and recommend that if you can go do so...if it was not such a long drive from Florida I go this year!

I miss you all up there and if in Florida for a visit let me know...Bob Z.

Are you kidding me? Is this the Bob Z that used to live in Port Tobacco -- if so, great to hear from you, I didn't know you moved to FL. Expect a PM.

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you would still like to attend the Crab Feast Cruise to be held on Saturday June 9th, I have been able to extend the deadline with our T-Shirt Mfg. to the 16th of May. So if you would still like to come, please PM me and specify your T-Shirt sizes. Then you can mail in your reservation form with your check (no later than May 20, please), and if I receive it later than the 16th, as long as I have your PM I will still get your T-Shirts ordered correctly.

Hope to see you there!

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coming down from up north in New Jersey. Going over the Delaware Memorial Bridge, Delaware 13/301 and into Md. Most likely pick up folks in DE who want to cruise from the north. Any takers?

This is going to be good.

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VA/MD Crab Feast Cruise – Saturday June 9th – Neigboring Regions welcome!

You know that I'll meet up with you. I hope that we have good weather this year.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait to see that car in person, not just pictures. I think others from the Cherry Hill NJ area may be coming this year!

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A group of us will be traveling up through North Carolina, into Virginia (Virginia beach area) and on up the Eastern shore via Rt 13. We will be meeting Vipers in Chesapeake,
Va. Beach, and near Md. (that's you, Bonkers!)
If anyone wants to caravan with us, let me know so I can make arrangements as to route and times to meet. We will have Vipers as well as other cars for family members.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yea, I know, :D I went last year with a friend in his ACR, and since then I've been lucky enough to purchase a Silver '99 GTS. So you know I'm not going to miss it this year!

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've attended several VA/MD Crab Feasts. Gus does a fine job setting up this extremely enjoyable event.

George, hope to see you there.

Ok everyone. Time to start talking this event up and get the word out. Gus has told me on the sly the number of vehicles and people who intend on showing up. I have no doubt that this will be the largest gathering of the year...BY FAR.

Lets get some more people. Contact Gus and let him know that you are coming. You just can not miss this event.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here is what you are in for if you attend the event.

Rows and Rows of Vipers......
Preferred parking.....
Great driving to get there
Some of the most wonderful views "dockside" of the bay.

You must be registered for see images

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay

If you would still like to attend the Crab Feast Cruise to be held on Saturday June 9th, I have been able to extend the deadline with our T-Shirt Mfg. to the 16th of May. So if you would still like to come, please PM me and specify your T-Shirt sizes. Then you can mail in your reservation form with your check (no later than May 20, please), and if I receive it later than the 16th, as long as I have your PM I will still get your T-Shirts ordered correctly.

Hope to see you there!

Gus,

I would like to attend the event this year, however we are expecting a new baby to be born around June 6th :omg:

Would it be possible to show up and pay there if I were able to make it? Maybe someone will drop out and I can purchase their ticket or who knows? My Viper has been at Underground Racing since November getting a new engine, heads, cam, roller rockers, headers, hi flow cats, exhaust, more fuel and tuning. I pick the Viper up Friday June 1st :drive:

Thanks in advance,

Mike Baxter
Prince Frederick, MD

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gus,

I would like to attend the event this year, however we are expecting a new baby to be born around June 6th :omg:

Would it be possible to show up and pay there if I were able to make it? Maybe someone will drop out and I can purchase their ticket or who knows? My Viper has been at Underground Racing since November getting a new engine, heads, cam, roller rockers, headers, hi flow cats, exhaust, more fuel and tuning. I pick the Viper up Friday June 1st :drive:

Thanks in advance,

Mike Baxter
Prince Frederick, MD

Dude....Did things change since Carlisle last year or what?:hmmm:

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The itineraries are being mailed today to all those who have signed up, and a duplicate will be emailed over the weekend. The count is now final at 48 cars and 110 members and guests. This is a great turn out. Thanks to all those who have sent in their reservations.

1MeanSnake - I'll put you on a wait list, and let you know if I have any cancellations.

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay

Dude....Did things change since Carlisle last year or what?:hmmm:

:rolaugh:

John,

How are you buddy? Yes, but it's a long story and I couldn't be happier. Baby was born Wednesday morning at 4:38am, 7.4lbs and 18.5" length. She is beautiful. Car came home with roughly 200+ more RWHP/TQ :omg:

I will be at the feast and with possibly 1 guest if Gus can get us in :confused:

Thanks and see you guys next weekend :2tu:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Mike!!!! New baby, 200 more horsepower. You're livin' the life bro.

Hope to see you at the feast.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gus, I'll will meet you Saturday morning at your house (10:30 wasn't it?) I also wanted to check with you when we get our tickets; if they are going to be mailed or if we are going to pick them up from you. Thanks, Kevin

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gus, I'll will meet you Saturday morning at your house (10:30 wasn't it?) I also wanted to check with you when we get our tickets; if they are going to be mailed or if we are going to pick them up from you. Thanks, Kevin

Kevin, he will give them to you the morning of the cruise. I was wondering the same thing yesterday and email him. See you Saturday!

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Since we are only a few days from the cruise, I'll put the word out again. Anyone traveling from the Tidewater area or NE North Carolina who wants to cruise up with us , please PM me. So far we have 4 Vipers plus at least one other vehicle. We will be hooking up with Bonkers at the Salisbury Mall in Maryland around 1 PM, So we will probably hit the road here at 9:30 or 10:00. We will be traveling across the Bay Bridge tunnel so the toll will be $12 there and $5 back. The difference in miles Vs. going I-95 will almost pay for the toll. We will meet in the parking lot of the Bojangles on Northhampton Blvd at 9:00 AM. We returned from the crab feast last year via this route, and it was a very pleasant cruise. Not much traffic, but there are MANY police so we will have to drive.... well, you know! :smirk:

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If DrDJ is Dominic, I saw him at the car show Sat. night and he told me that, as of now, it appears he will be able to go. So, yes, he is one of the four I was counting.
Myself (99 Silver GTS), Neal (93 Red RT/10), Dominic (98 silver/graphite GTS),
and Sam (2001? Graphite/silver GTS).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude