Value of 2000 GTS

Ken Larsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BlackVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much more are they asking? I looked around and I could not find the price on their web site.

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer your questions, that is a fair price. Not a great buy and by no means should you expect to sell the car for more money. Just a while back I saw a 99 GTS ACR with 3.5K miles sell for 54K on Ebay and it was a beauty. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the broker is telling you that the car could be resold at 62,500.00 then why is he selling it to you for 57K. He is just working you to get the car sold.

2000's are selling in the low to upper 50's depending on mileage,condition and mods. more are selling low than high in today's market.

Don't forget you have to pay taxes. Here in Ohio that is 6%.

Also, that warranty is only transferable once so it has no value if you sell again.

Let me help you with the #'s

57K buying price.

sales tax (6%) 3420.00

=60,420.00 to put the car in the garage.

Insurance +-80.00 month if you have good insurance and a clean history

Interest on equity line (5%) +-250.00 month

Interest and insurance for 6 months= 1980.00

If you drive it for 6 months you will loose about 5K in the cars value as 2000's are still going down in price

so...

In 6 months the car will cost you almost +-7K to own (not including sales tax) and you have +-60,000.00 in the car for a total of +-67,000.00

You should be able to sell the car in the low 50's so you will loose +-15K in the deal. (2500.00 a month)

I did this quick in my head but the #'s estimates should be fairly accurate.

This formula may work for cars that are holding/rising in value but not for a 2000 GTS.

Good luck!

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking around very hard for a Viper recently; primarily at RT's, but I've run across GTS pricing as well.
$57k seems to be about what the car runs; it definitely does not appear to be a spectacular deal... I think with
some careful looking, you're very likely to find new, untitled '00-'01's in dealer lots for that money....
I know this is an RT, but Palmer Dodge has a '00 RT, 3k miles for $58k, and that's asking price at a dealership...
Hope that helps.
BTW, your friend is absolutely amazing if he's able to come out ahead flipping the new Porsches; they've got horrible resale, and I'm a die-hard Porsche fan (10 yr. PCA member)...

Good luck however you proceed!

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For once I have something relevant to say!! I had my 2000 GTS Red with Silver stripes for sale for $55k with ~8k miles in incredible shape for about 4 months. Remember stripes are a $3k option that usually carry's value on resale. I also have a 7/75 warranty.

I HAD VIRTUALLY NO INTEREST AT THIS PRICE LEVEL FROM VCA CLASIFIEDS AND DUPONT REGISTRY ONLINE.

I did get a cash offer for $42K though.

I think the car you are looking at is probably worth $55k being bought from a private party, but no more. There are a LOT of cars available right now and even more coming available as SRT/10's and Comp Coupes get delivered.

A cash buyer can find great deals. Unless you specifically don't want ABS I would look at 2001 models which can be had for less than $60k. You may even want to consider an ACR.

You can list a car for a million bucks but it's only worth what someone will pay. That car won't sell for $62,500. PERIOD. Thats a pipe dream.

Hope you find a great car at a great price. Be sure to have a VCA member or Viper Tech inspect any car prior to purchase.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I dont think it is as much the SRT-10 comming out as it is being the middle of winter, AND a bad economy. I would expect a large demand for vipers later in spring if economy picks up a little. Being as most SRT owners have already taken delivery or are prepared for delivery, they should have little impact on the market.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the above. I am considering selling my 2001 GTS with 16,000 miles for $51,000 in trade for my SRT.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got to agree with everyone else -- you're not going to turn this car around and make any money. Doctor Bob's car sounds like a much better price.

Regardless, don't buy any car unless you inspect it first. That broker's definition of "perfect" or "flawless" or "good condition" may be considerably different than yours. Sometimes the broker is selling a car he's never seen, so be wary.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many turnovers are the extended warranties available for. I thought the original purchaser of the warranty and just the next owner. The Third would be SOL I think. That is not a selling point that would make one happy if he knew.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a little too high, but not much. Fire your broker. Naples Motorsports is unrealistic. That's all there is to say about that.

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you own it..you have to pay sales tax.

DC extended warranties can only be transferred once.

33.00 month for insurance sounds like it doesn't include full coverage..if so..fill us in on who is offering that price.

You will not be able to sell the car in 8 months for 60K. you will be lucky to sell it for 53-55 and thats if you don't put more than a few thousand miles on it.

You are on the right path on how to use a equity line to keep you payments down but you will still not make money on this.

Don't forget to add in the tax deduction on the interest. Factor in 30% of the interest paid unless you are in a higher tax bracket.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be so Private Ryan! lol Fill us in on the insurance! You'd have a lot of friends around here if you did!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
55 is pretty decent. Keep working the guy, you might get a better deal than that. Unless the seller is a forum member, then $57 is a GREAT deal! I'm sure he'd give us HIS insurance secret! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang