valve cover and plenum

Vetsandvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to remove my valve covers and plenum to have them powder coated and need some tips on removing them. Is it a difficult job? What would be the best method for when I need to go back and re-install everything? Anything in particular that I should look for?

Thank you.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trickiest part is probably the fuel line disconnect above the bell housing. I did a write-up in the Illustrated Upgrades section that has some useful tips, but that's for VCA member access. Basically, just take your time being very observant and ensure you have the right tools. Patience can always be your best friend doing that type of work.

While the intake is off would be a good time to do plugs and wires, and the coolant thermostat.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to remove my valve covers and plenum to have them powder coated and need some tips on removing them. Is it a difficult job? What would be the best method for when I need to go back and re-install everything? Anything in particular that I should look for?

Thank you.

You should send a Private Message (PM) to a moderator with your VIN and get your status on this site upgraded to "Viper Owner". However you really should join the VCA for maximum value. We have great events and you'll have access to VCA only parts of this site. There is a lot of good information contained there and some great members that you will meet. What better way to enjoy your car than cruising around with a bunch of other like minded Viper people?