Valve cover vents.

jknappster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where can I find these valve cover vent assemblies located on the top edge of the covers seen in the photo (the black square boxes on each cover)? I want to put these on my Gen 3 covers.

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OUCH! The look awesome and I tried to find them when I was installing my system, but I thought exotic engines quit making/selling stuff based on their website. Glad I didn't bother to call. I love the look, but I've got less than $120 in my whole set-up.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OUCH! The look awesome and I tried to find them when I was installing my system, but I thought exotic engines quit making/selling stuff based on their website. Glad I didn't bother to call. I love the look, but I've got less than $120 in my whole set-up.

Yeah I knew there was a reason why I didn't buy them before. I believe they use to be much more expensive.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Post up a picture of your set up !!! I have seen the ones pictured above, from A&C Performance, and they look like an OEM ( or better ) installation, like they belong there as part of the design. As compared to the cost of the car, it is pretty trivial, if you want an integrated look.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I followed the thread Vipertony did for his breather set up. Thanks for posting the DIY Tony.

Tail lights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those look like ac performance parts, the ones from Exotic Engine Development are really nice also, The prices for the complete kits are comparable.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post up a picture of your set up !!! I have seen the ones pictured above, from A&C Performance, and they look like an OEM ( or better ) installation, like they belong there as part of the design. As compared to the cost of the car, it is pretty trivial, if you want an integrated look.

Here's my thread with a few pics. I will admit that the fittings don't look as clean as the ones above, but it looks good and functions (which is the important part). :)

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent almost $400 on my entire PCV system. That is peanuts compared to losing an engine due to ingesting oil under boost, at my power level.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not my pic but it is cool. I called Exotic and they are $120 each.

That's my car and my pic, hence my acclamation ;). My A&C Performance vent blocks are simply anodized black while the EE version have "Exotic Engine" etched on them. As with Nineball, I too spent $400+ on my setup. Those blocks are sized for a -10 AN line. I already had some -12AN fitttings and line, so I just went ahead and bought the adapters. That -12 AN is over kill and certainly stands out quite a bit.

In retrospect, I now think that those beefy vent blocks and lines steal some of the majesty of that engine. If I had to too do it again, I think I would just tap the valve cover rear and simply run the lines under the car with the catch can somewhere close to the diff or car battery. Additionally, I would probably also re-tap intake manifold brake booster vacuum fitting somewhere to the rear, and probably re-route the throttle cable under the intake manifold. I think that the a clean uncluttered engine bay is more appealing.

More vent block pics:

Here are a few more pics of what my latest setup:

jmt5049

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ did you change your intake again? I remember seeing the vent from the intake mani being hooked up to the filters? If so, would you wanna sell that one? : )

OP
OP
J

jknappster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this brings up another topic. Why did Dodge route one vent line before the throttle body and another after? When we install a catch can setup, should we NOT combine both lines into one?

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The previous aluminum intake filter setup and throttle body was borrowed from Alan (Slithr) purely for dyno testing back in March/April this year. His custom piece did include the IACV, CCV, and IAT fittings and attachments. Since I saw a 30whp gain between the throttle body and filter setup, I went ahead and procured my own.

The pictures above show my custom aluminum intake with 3" piping. I did tap for IAT, but simply installed a little filter for the IACV in order to keep those pipes clean looking and free flowing. I may eventually relocate that little filter since I think it sticks out like a sore thumb. The CCV tap wasn't needed since I am running those vent blocks/lines to a catch can. I did spend some time polishing up that intake, I even ground down the welds to make the interface look smooth and shiny :cool:

From the inside out while I was mocking the setup:

(and yes, I did clean those silicon shavings sitting in the throttle body)

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read that Steve from Vipair has started making these. Very competitively priced too from what I last read. I think Vipair's pipes are 2.75", but those are still bigger than the plastic KNN piece (i.d. is 2.5"). I went the 3" route only because my heads/cam engine requires gobs of air.

OP
OP
J

jknappster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The catch can system I'm interested in doing is a closed system (i.e. no venting into the atmosphere). So would I route the right valve cover vent to the catch can inlet and the catch can outlet to the intake manifold (the port behind the throttle body) and leave the left side valve cover vent alone (Crankcase Clean Makeup Air Source)? MJorgensen can you comment on this?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960