VCA Coupe winners speak up !! 1 of 50 here !!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, I could not agree more. My daughter comes home with C's and I'm all over her. But be careful. There was a similar thread about that topic and I chimed in how the Vette was all over every magazine as "beating" the Viper. I probably got every excuse in the book why the Viper is still king.

The Viper is a great car, I'll probably have mine forever, but the King has left the building, and it's up to see what Dodge does about it.

And as for that 68 number of applicants being considered good when you consider the poor promotion. OMG, give me a break. If something is really desireable and being kept a "secret", it usually gets out-ed and the real flood happens. People are just not interested in the car as they once were. Everyone is waiting to see what Dodge will do to regain the throne.

Andrew

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, I could not agree more. My daughter comes home with C's and I'm all over her. But be careful. There was a similar thread about that topic and I chimed in how the Vette was all over every magazine as "beating" the Viper. I probably got every excuse in the book why the Viper is still king.

The Viper is a great car, I'll probably have mine forever, but the King has left the building, and it's up to see what Dodge does about it.

And as for that 68 number of applicants being considered good when you consider the poor promotion. OMG, give me a break. If something is really desireable and being kept a "secret", it usually gets out-ed and the real flood happens. People are just not interested in the car as they once were. Everyone is waiting to see what Dodge will do to regain the throne.

Andrew

Agreed. Turning a blind eye to where the Viper's true status is amongst our current competitors is as effective as an ostrich putting its head in the sand when attacked/threatened. Dodge didn’t deliver on the Coupes performance, regardless of the winks, nods and nudges. I have trouble getting in line to pat them on the back for mediocrity amongst our fiercest competitors. I will always love my ACR, and have no expectations of ever selling it. Dodge delivered back then, and I rewarded them with my hard earned money. I just don't know about this one. Ford and Chevy executed better. If they had only boosted the power on these coupes, this would be a non issue. I would have been happily waiting in line, like a kid in a candy store, to get mine. I like the rarity of this car, 1 of 50 has a nice ring to it, almost like 1 of 22 did when I bought my ACR. No closer to a decision yet, would love to see photos of the cars, wheels, interior, etc. I know we have photos of preprod cars, and photo shops, but I want real deal photos. I know the new coupe is a better performer then my current one, but that’s comparing within the family, what I am comparing us to is outside the family.

My ramblings…

Jon

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I should feel left out then if there were only 68 and I still didn't get pulled. That being said, I'm holding out to get pulled this Friday for the BIG PRIZE, MY new Comp Coupe.

Congratulations to all the winners enjoy your new toys and the trip to AZ.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Andrew

Agreed. Turning a blind eye to where the Viper's true status is amongst our current competitors is as effective as an ostrich putting its head in the sand when attacked/threatened. Dodge didn’t deliver on the Coupes performance, regardless of the winks, nods and nudges. I have trouble getting in line to pat them on the back for mediocrity amongst our fiercest competitors. I will always love my ACR, and have no expectations of ever selling it. Dodge delivered back then, and I rewarded them with my hard earned money. I just don't know about this one. Ford and Chevy executed better. If they had only boosted the power on these coupes, this would be a non issue. I would have been happily waiting in line, like a kid in a candy store, to get mine. I like the rarity of this car, 1 of 50 has a nice ring to it, almost like 1 of 22 did when I bought my ACR. No closer to a decision yet, would love to see photos of the cars, wheels, interior, etc. I know we have photos of preprod cars, and photo shops, but I want real deal photos. I know the new coupe is a better performer then my current one, but that’s comparing within the family, what I am comparing us to is outside the family.

My ramblings…

Jon
If you didn't want the car, don't like the car, why did you sign up ? I think you're supposed to make the decision before you sign up!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No break given. This has nothing to do with desirable and everything to do with timing. Very, very few people knew about this car until two weeks ago. That is a fact, plain and simple. And since when do people go out of the way to "broadcast" a drawing that only they know about? If you want to keep the odds in your favor you don't tell other people. More importantly, without the paperwork you couldn't do a damn thing anyway - and nobody had the paperwork.

Now, lest you think I am in 100% disagreement, I am not. I too think that the Gen IV rumors are not helping the cause of any Vipers being sold today, including this one. That said, there still should be a LOT more people interested in this color combination and bodystyle than most other previous "special" editions, including the yellow/black VCA convertible. Many say the red/white is among the best color combos you can come up with, while others have even (GASP!) thought about trading in their Gen I/II for a new Coupe (in any color) because it looks pretty damn good to a lot more people than the convertible necessarily did.

So, using the latest and greatest Gen IV rumor as a benchmark, here is why this car will be one of THE best Vipers to own:

<ul type="square"> [*]Great color combination that has been stated will not be repeated for this car [*]VERY limited number with limited interior, badging, and serial numbers - only 50 total worldwide [*]IF the rumors are true, then this will be a one-year production model - making this even more rare [*]IF the rumors are true, the Gen IV will scare small children - just like the Pontiac Aztek [/list]
The bottom line is that quite a few Viper owners passed on the SRT-10 despite the very obvious performance improvements - based almost 100% on the looks. With not so much as a hint of the Gen IV looks, who is to say it will go in the right direction? The Bricklin was unique but that didn't make it attractive. If the rumors are true and the Coupe really ends up a 1-year production model, that alone will drive up the future value in any color, but especially the more limited combinations. And if the Gen IV appears and is either A. As "mainstream" as the Corvette or B. So hideously unique you wouldn't want to be seen in it no matter what it had going for it (think Aztek), then you will be kicking yourself for not having bought a Coupe when you had the chance.

I have no idea what is down the road for the Viper. What I do know is that we have plenty of great opportunities today. I was the first to congratulate Chevy for the Z06 and what it did to the Viper in every magazine test. So what. While I wish with all my heart that the Viper was still #1, it isn't. Yet I don't see people junking a Shelby GT-500 because it wasn't the fastest car produced in 1969 (there were ten faster cars made in the USA that year alone). Sure, it ticks us off that we lost the crown, but that sure as hell doesn't make the Viper a bad car in any respect.

Had my lovely bride not been so adamant about having a convertible, I would have put our name in for this car in a heartbeat. And then scrambled like hell to actually make it work if my name was drawn. After all, if there is to ever be an "investment grade" SRT version of the Viper, this could very well end up being it:

You must be registered for see images

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

No break given. This has nothing to do with desirable and everything to do with timing. Very, very few people knew about this car until two weeks ago. That is a fact, plain and simple. And since when do people go out of the way to "broadcast" a drawing that only they know about? If you want to keep the odds in your favor you don't tell other people. More importantly, without the paperwork you couldn't do a damn thing anyway - and nobody had the paperwork.

Now, lest you think I am in 100% disagreement, I am not. I too think that the Gen IV rumors are not helping the cause of any Vipers being sold today, including this one. That said, there still should be a LOT more people interested in this color combination and bodystyle than most other previous "special" editions, including the yellow/black VCA convertible. Many say the red/white is among the best color combos you can come up with, while others have even (GASP!) thought about trading in their Gen I/II for a new Coupe (in any color) because it looks pretty damn good to a lot more people than the convertible necessarily did.

So, using the latest and greatest Gen IV rumor as a benchmark, here is why this car will be one of THE best Vipers to own:

<ul type="square"> [*]Great color combination that has been stated will not be repeated for this car [*]VERY limited number with limited interior, badging, and serial numbers - only 50 total worldwide [*]IF the rumors are true, then this will be a one-year production model - making this even more rare [*]IF the rumors are true, the Gen IV will scare small children - just like the Pontiac Aztek [/list]
The bottom line is that quite a few Viper owners passed on the SRT-10 despite the very obvious performance improvements - based almost 100% on the looks. With not so much as a hint of the Gen IV looks, who is to say it will go in the right direction? The Bricklin was unique but that didn't make it attractive. If the rumors are true and the Coupe really ends up a 1-year production model, that alone will drive up the future value in any color, but especially the more limited combinations. And if the Gen IV appears and is either A. As "mainstream" as the Corvette or B. So hideously unique you wouldn't want to be seen in it no matter what it had going for it (think Aztek), then you will be kicking yourself for not having bought a Coupe when you had the chance.

I have no idea what is down the road for the Viper. What I do know is that we have plenty of great opportunities today. I was the first to congratulate Chevy for the Z06 and what it did to the Viper in every magazine test. So what. While I wish with all my heart that the Viper was still #1, it isn't. Yet I don't see people junking a Shelby GT-500 because it wasn't the fastest car produced in 1969 (there were ten faster cars made in the USA that year alone). Sure, it ticks us off that we lost the crown, but that sure as hell doesn't make the Viper a bad car in any respect.

Had my lovely bride not been so adamant about having a convertible, I would have put our name in for this car in a heartbeat. And then scrambled like hell to actually make it work if my name was drawn. After all, if there is to ever be an "investment grade" SRT version of the Viper, this could very well end up being it:

You must be registered for see images

Chris.....I really like the color combination, but what does the interior look like?. Also, do you know the MSRP? Thanks.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is what we got: Viper Red with Stone White Stripes (the only time that this color combination will be used) as well as red accents on the seats, steering wheel, shifter and hand brake; red background on the Viper hood badge and steering wheel badge; 5-spoke wheels; and exterior VCA graphics. If this is the same as the VCA SRT-10 convertible, then it will be red stitching on the black leather - not the Mamba interior. Subtle and very nice! Of course that is just a guess at this point, as there have been no interior pictures...

MSRP: $91,990
What you negotiate with your dealer of choice: Your call!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
heres the interior. i dont think it will have the silver center consol though
Actually, that is the interior of the car on the show circuit, NOT the VCA Edition cars to my knowledge (no mention of red inserts or anything on the doors). Nor will the VCA SRT's come with the "H" pattern wheels as found on this same car...

BLEBYU

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got mine yesterday, not sure what number it is.
I have told several of the vca guys I will sell them at invoice if anybody needs a dealer...
Mike Robbins, Pres
Ringgold C D J
Ringgold Ga

Whats invoice?

I was told they where 300.00 to 400.00 more than the First Edition blue/white coupes. I pulled the invoice of the blue white FE we got, and invoice was 84219.00 so I would assume somewhere around 84500-84600

I just got my invoice fron DCX Invoice is 84144.00 and that is what I will sell them for if anybody wants to buy through me...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
...... Unfortunately, this was the most piss-poor promotion I have ever seen on anything like this. Remember "Yellow Fever?" That VCA Edition was promoted months in advance. Good photos, extensive web coverage, multiple mailings, and I think it was even covered in VIPER magazine and/or VCA notes well in advance of the drawing........This one? Until just two weeks ago, nobody outside of one region even knew about it! No web postings, no pictures or mock-ups, no press, and not one single mailing....... Considering this was the best kept secret in Viper history, consider that a flood......
And for the record, this should very well be one of the best looking and most collectible Vipers in history.

AGREED! (But there were production scheduling reasons that played a part.) A lot of water had to flow beneath the planning bridge to involve BJAuction, Dodge, CAAP, etc....too bad the big secret was kept for too long.

The NW Zone received their mailing the very day the order was due. I opened my mail after the JRT office had closed. I estimate that only 15% of VCA members read this site, so how would anyone know of a 1-week extension? ONE WEEK???

To top that off, a friend / customer / collector (Steve) in CA DID fax his letter, saved his fax-receipt confirmation stub, only to find it was NOT received/recorded. He faxed it along w/ his raffle-ticket order. THAT TOO WAS LOST, (so the VCA lost $250) He only knew about the Red/White results due to MY unofficial post. I wonder if / how many others were lost?

There is a small pic on p5 of the new Viper Magazine