VCA Coupe winners speak up !! 1 of 50 here !!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Wondering who else got the call. I just did !! 1 of 50 right here !!

Now, for you folks who have done this before, please let me know the best way to do this !!

Thanks.

Jon

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats WTG :2tu:

Lol, thanks, but I really didnt do anything other then Fax in a form ;-)

Paying for it, now thats gonna be the fun part. ;)

I'm going to try Hendrick Dodge, who I bought my father's Christmas present Viper from because they did such an outstanding job with that purchase, but now that I live in Chicago, its going to be quite the task coordinating it.

Yipppy 4 me.....

Jon

PS. I'll laugh if only 50 people submitted requests for the chance to purchase.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations, Jon!

I am sure that Bob and Joel at Hendrick will hook you up.

is it cold where you are???? ;)

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cold?? its F'ing freezing !!

On the upside the Autobahn Coutry club looks amazing !! Both my vipers might be seeing some serious track time up there !! Lol, poor VCA Viper, gonna be driven like a normal viper under this right foot.

Jon

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB just posted this on the compe coupe raffle ticket thread:

On a similiar note, 68 members returned the VCA Red/White Barrett-Jackson offer, and 50 were drawn. Several backed out, and several more were drawn, TENTATIVELY selling the 50 VCA cars

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would think that with only 68 returned, I would be one of the 50 :curse:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far we have four (4) winners in the Kansas City VCA. Matches the number of yellow VCA Edition's drawn here a year and a half ago...

Congrats to all of the winners. You will have a ball in Scottsdale and really enjoy that awesome new ride!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far we have four (4) winners in the Kansas City VCA. Matches the number of yellow VCA Edition's drawn here a year and a half ago...

Congrats to all of the winners. You will have a ball in Scottsdale and really enjoy that awesome new ride!

Damn, four in one region?? Not to shabby.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the win to buy a car LOL :2tu: Seems kinda funny to me but it will be a nice combo!

BLEBYU

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got mine yesterday, not sure what number it is.
I have told several of the vca guys I will sell them at invoice if anybody needs a dealer...
Mike Robbins, Pres
Ringgold C D J
Ringgold Ga

Fastrrr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received my call yesterday. I'm not sure I no what I am going to do with 2 Viper's? One's going to probably be sold.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How negotiable is the price? $91,990 MSRP?

Very... Mike Robbins (Ringold Dodge) is offering them at INVOICE... So it looks like something in the 80's.

I gotta say in all honesty, after sleeping on it, does this really make sense.

It seems these cars are not that hot of an item, only 68 people put in their request for them. Obviously a number of them that were drawn declined, its why I got my call the day AFTER the lottery drawing was done, because someone declined their right. Thats not such a good feeling.

Then the other feeling that bothers me, is I am about to reward Dodge again (already bought two Vipers new) with my hard earned money, for them coming in Third !! When I bought my 02, they were #1 car in america still (still beat the 02 z06), then when I bought my dad his 05, they were second (only to a 150k Ford GT), but now, the 06 coupe is THIRD. Is that something I should be congradulating dodge for? Dad never paid for C's on my report card. (only A's and B's)

This may get my spammed, but I'm kinda unquie here, I actually believe we are a family, and so I share openly... lol, sometimes a little too much.

I have until the end of today to decide, as they want the delivery dealership.

Any thoughts?

Jon

Fastrrr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems these cars are not that hot of an item, only 68 people put in their request for them. Obviously a number of them that were drawn declined, its why I got my call the day AFTER the lottery drawing was done, because someone declined their right. Thats not such a good feeling.

68 People that's it? I'm shocked. Is this confirmed or was it just posted by someone that wanted to discourage the winners LOL?

Is the M.S.R.P the same on the VCA SRT-10 coupe as the standard SRT-10 coupe?

Reaction score
I wonder if there will be 50 buyers left if their are too many getting cold feet? I came so close to putting my name in the hat but "chickened out". I still think I like the FE better. I would have a FE if a undisclosed dealer would have not tried to bend me over for MSRP, I wish I would have known Mike Robbins at the time and had ordered it from him (I just bought my yellow SRT from Mike last month). Anyone looking to get one of these VCA editions should consider Mike because I found him to be very honest and not looking to make the BIG almighty buck on every deal!

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gotta say in all honesty, after sleeping on it, does this really make sense.

I have until the end of today to decide, as they want the delivery dealership.

Any thoughts?

Jon

[/QUOTE]

I think the color combo is beautiful, and I really like the new SRTC. But I don't think of my Viper as an investment, something to be desired only if there is a lot of competition to buy a very rare car. If you don't really want the car, don't buy it. Invoice $85K, plus or minus, is a great price for a hell of a car, but still a lot of money.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What may interest you is that VCA HQ is still getting calls from people that just got the mailing and want to register as of yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, this was the most piss-poor promotion I have ever seen on anything like this. Remember "Yellow Fever?" That VCA Edition was promoted months in advance. Good photos (all mock-ups), extensive web coverage, multiple mailings, and I think it was even covered in VIPER magazine and/or VCA notes well in advance of the drawing.

This one? Until just two weeks ago, nobody outside of one region even knew about it! No web postings, no pictures or mock-ups, no press, and not one single mailing. Remember that there are a HUGE number of VCA members that don't read these boards and rely on e-mails and the USPS to deliver their news. By the time a mailing was finally received (electronic or snail), it was too late: You had less than a week to decide and figure out how to pay for it. And unlike the previous VCA Edition, this one requires you to arrange the actual purchase almost immediately. The yellow SRT promotion gave you months (three, if I remember correctly) to get your finances in order, sell your current Viper (which I did), etc.

So, between having plenty of time to fall in love with the car and the concept, you then had even more time to make it all happen. With this VCA Coupe, all of that was condensed down to a matter of days with ZERO promotion other than what one regional guy decided to do on his own. Sixty-eight applicants? Considering this was the best kept secret in Viper history, consider that a flood.

And for the record, this should very well be one of the best looking and most collectible Vipers in history. Especially if any of these rumors come to fruition on a Gen IV.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with your choices. I can not say I am shocked by the low selling number but what are you going to do. I think a few people were going to purchase this car with the idea of selling it to make money but they realized the demand was low and changed their mind. That is the only reason I could see people backing out. Afterall the price was already announced and people knew what the car looked like. Just my two cents.

BLEBYU

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got mine yesterday, not sure what number it is.
I have told several of the vca guys I will sell them at invoice if anybody needs a dealer...
Mike Robbins, Pres
Ringgold C D J
Ringgold Ga

Whats invoice?

I was told they where 300.00 to 400.00 more than the First Edition blue/white coupes. I pulled the invoice of the blue white FE we got, and invoice was 84219.00 so I would assume somewhere around 84500-84600

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a few people were going to purchase this car with the idea of selling it to make money but they realized the demand was low and changed their mind. That is the only reason I could see people backing out.

See my post above: Nobody even knew about the car, so demand would obviously be low. Right now the demand for a gray Coupe is nonexistant, but that doesn't mean that nobody would buy one. And the reason people are backing out has nothing to do with demand. It has everything to do with having to come up with the coin or credit to buy a $90K car with almost no advance notice. It's one thing to get drawn, but something else when the reality of a "due immediately" notice arrives right after you won the right to purchase.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a few people were going to purchase this car with the idea of selling it to make money but they realized the demand was low and changed their mind. That is the only reason I could see people backing out.

See my post above: Nobody even knew about the car, so demand would obviously be low. Right now the demand for a gray Coupe is nonexistant, but that doesn't mean that nobody would buy one. And the reason people are backing out has nothing to do with demand. It has everything to do with having to come up with the coin or credit to buy a $90K car with almost no advance notice. It's one thing to get drawn, but something else when the reality of a "due immediately" notice arrives right after you won the right to purchase.

You might be right but I feel sorry for those people that did that. Never understood why people would go into a raffle without being able to afford the car.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might be right but I feel sorry for those people that did that. Never understood why people would go into a raffle without being able to afford the car.

Actually, this is pretty common. I'll bet a large number of people that bought tickets for the Comp Coupe raffle won't be able to afford even the taxes on the car and will never take delivery. They will sell the rights to somebody else. Several of the original Yellow Fever winners either backed out or sold immediately.

Most people enter drawings like this never expecting to win. I certainly didn't expect to be drawn for the yellow VCA Edition and had to really give serious thought to it once my name was actually pulled. There are several Coupe winners going through this same thought process (as is evidenced above), but I suspect the ridiculously short timeframe has forced the wrong decision more often than not in this case.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Uh, not tooting my horn here, but financing it is of little concern to me. I have 2 paid for vipers, both bought new, one I gave as a gift to my father. This one would create little challenge for me if I want to purchase it. But I do need to draw the line somewhere, I have seriously been considering a Ford GT or just holding out for the more powerful viper in 07/08. So its not like I am without a viper until then, but if I buy yet another viper (3 in 3 years), then I might be penny wise, and pound foolish. I want the top American sports Car, right now Dodge is not delivering on that to me. Yet the hard part, I love Vipers, and this one has the potential to really do it for me (emotionally). Do I take the risk? grrrr.... D@mnit !!

Got a day to figure it out, and ticking...