VCA "Last Ram SRT-10" Raffle

Reaction score
Re: VCA \"Last Ram SRT-10\" Raffle

Blah, blah, blah....Don't like my personal opinion....don't read it. :)

Heck...other than a couple...I don't read YOURS!! LOL!

Other than the SRT-10 Ram Blue and White....the VCA has always been about Vipers.....till now.

Now...it is just about money.
Who really cares?

For me it is just another indication that the VCA is now just another car club.

Wow, really, welcome to the real world

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Welcome Rick,

meet up with Jim Johnson, President of the CO Region or drop him an e-mail and let him you just got a Viper. He'll get you onto the local list of events.

http://www.viperclub.org/menus/index_members_regions.htm

The VCA is far more than these forums. The total experience is through being active in your region and getting together with other owners from everywhere at major events.

I guess as probably the newest VCA member and recent 06' Viper Coupe owner (still waiting for my VCA # to come back),

I guess as probably the newest VCA member and recent 06' Viper Coupe owner (still waiting for my VCA # to come back),

Reaction score

Wow, really, welcome to the real world

All lost on you too. I really shouldn't be surprised.

I could try to type more slowly if that would help?

It USED to be about the car AND money.....so it was WIN-WIN.

Now it seems to be MORe about JUST the money...LESS the car....win.....LOSE.

Can't make it any clearer....do we need a translator?

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Marv;

I will get in touch with Jim Johnson when I get amoment after the holidays. For some reason, that name sounds real familiar to me but I can't put a face to it yet.

Thanks again and have a happy holiday season guys and gals.

Rick

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

so does this truck have to be bought at full msrp? i'd hate to pay 100 just to buy a truck at full msrp :eek:

If you win...the truck is yours. You don't have to buy it.

oh ok i thought this was another one of those raffles for the right to buy the truck!! I guess I should read a little more carefully next time :eek: I will buy tickets for the just in case situation :) lol :nana:

Ricky

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

CRAP!! I just spent the last hour and a half typing one of my infamous novels and it disappeared when I hit "post" ("form no longer available"). Oh well, my loss is your gain - here is the Cliff Notes version followed by the more detailed explanation:

Cliff Notes: The VCA makes no money besides the raffles. We alone were offered a very, very unique SRT vehicle. We took that opportunity, and knowing not all Viper owners wanted a truck, made it a raffle open to everybody.

Okay, let's expand on the Cliff Notes now. Let me start by saying that I am speaking (typing) only on behalf of myself. I don't take a National office until January 1st. So the following is in no way endorsed by anybody, past or present, from the VCA. Here we go:

First off, how many raffles are held to bring in only the cost of the prize itself? None, of course. That would be absurd. Raffles are designed to raise money for an organization. Pretty simple. Now this particular raffle is for a VERY unique vehicle that many people would love to own - whether it be for $100 or $15,000 (if that were really the tax amount). Does it appeal to all Viper owners? Of course not. And that is why it is the first raffle to be offered outside of the VCA. But what really kills me is that it is the Viper owners that are complaining about it - and yet they are the only ones that directly benefit from it. The key is to understand exactly what and why this raffle is what it is.

Quick - how much of your $100 annual dues go to the National VCA? Tick-tock, tick-tock. Give up? The answer: Not a single penny from your annual dues goes to the National VCA. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Your dues go back to your regional clubs, VIPER magazine, membership badges, and club management (who is 100% JR Thompson - no VCA officers are paid a nickel). Yet the National VCA has to come up with funds for such things as Zone Rendezvous, VCA Notes ($38K), sponsorships like Viper Days ($15K), awards, banners, liability insurance for every member at every club event, membership renewal gifts, website expenses, additional management fees from JRT (800 number, flyers, etc.), board meetings, regional stipends, postage, conference calls, etc. Oh yeah, and raffle cars - often at MSRP plus any costs of customization.

So how much does the VCA spend? Well, according to the budget we received in April, the estimate for 2006 VCA expenses was $314,217. And the estimated income? $165,000. You do the math. So, where does the VCA come up with that $165,000 - much less the total amount of $314,217? Besides some minor categories like website advertising, VCA merchandise, and ads in VCA Notes - the raffles, of course. Without those raffles the VCA would cease to exist in a matter of seconds. So that brings us to this one.

Besides a handful of DC execs, how many people can call up the factory and tell them they want the very last car or truck off the line produced for that model? Very few, if any. If you knew you could end up with that vehicle for $100 or even $83.34, would you take a shot at it - regardless of what it was? Maybe. And if you were a Mopar fan and this was a significant Mopar, even more likely.

Now let's say you run the VCA. And let's say DaimlerChrysler/SRT offered to sell you the very last Viper-engine truck ever made. Even better, it was in the crew cab version (family-sized) and in the limited Night Runner trim. Not only did it carry the #400 of 400 plaque (which offers yet another very interesting twist of trivia), but it was signed by the folks on the assembly line and various folks from Team SRT. Would you turn it down? Or would you jump all over it with the thought of raffling it off to raise much-needed funds for the club? Assuming you wanted your VCA to stay in business, you would jump all over it.

So then comes the question of how many tickets and at what price. Will all the Viper owners want a truck? Nope. So should we sell a lot less tickets than the typical 2000? Or should we make this opportunity open to other car enthusiasts besides Viper owners? The result is that your National Board of Directors was consulted and agreed to raise the number of tickets minimally and decrease the cost as well ($100 vs. $125). What we felt was a pretty reasonable thing considering that we raised the number of eligible buyers from roughly 5,000 to roughly 100,000 that might be interested. Mind you, we had to jump through numerous legal hoops to do it, but we succeeded.

Now here is the kicker: That money directly benefits Viper owners in the VCA and nobody else. If anybody should be upset it should be the non-Viper owner: Joe Blow drops $250 and doesn't win the truck. Yet his $250 will go to benefit all those fat-cat Viper owners (tongue planted firmly in cheek). Are they complaining? Nope. I have let every car club I know of about this raffle and they were excited to get a shot at a significant "last of" vehicle. Hell, if I had a shot at the last Ford Lightning produced I would have bought tickets to that in a heartbeat - and I am not a Ford guy at all.

The bottom line is that the VCA offers a LOT of benefits for its members. And I suspect those benefits will continue to increase and become even more obvious. Including unique opportunities like this one. Now those benefits come at a substantial cost and the only way to cover that is with raffles. The VCA had the opportunity to acquire an incredible vehicle and jumped all over it. In order to assure that it sells well they offered it to nonmembers for the very first time. The idea is to keep the VCA strong and continue to underwrite major events, gifts, and numerous other direct benefits for our members. Greed? Absolutely not. The VCA wants to give back as much as possible to their members. Where else would it go?

Respectfully submitted,

Chris

PS. I would have been the first to buy tickets for this one but National Officers (or electees) cannot participate. Call me first if you win! :2tu:

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

CRAP!! I just spent the last hour and a half typing one of my infamous novels and it disappeared when I hit "post" ("form no longer available"). Oh well, my loss is your gain - here is the Cliff Notes version followed by the more detailed explanation:

Cliff Notes: The VCA makes no money besides the raffles. We alone were offered a very, very unique SRT vehicle. We took that opportunity, and knowing not all Viper owners wanted a truck, made it a raffle open to everybody.

Okay, let's expand on the Cliff Notes now. Let me start by saying that I am speaking (typing) only on behalf of myself. I don't take a National office until January 1st. So the following is in no way endorsed by anybody, past or present, from the VCA. Here we go:

First off, how many raffles are held to bring in only the cost of the prize itself? None, of course. That would be absurd. Raffles are designed to raise money for an organization. Pretty simple. Now this particular raffle is for a VERY unique vehicle that many people would love to own - whether it be for $100 or $15,000 (if that were really the tax amount). Does it appeal to all Viper owners? Of course not. And that is why it is the first raffle to be offered outside of the VCA. But what really kills me is that it is the Viper owners that are complaining about it - and yet they are the only ones that directly benefit from it. The key is to understand exactly what and why this raffle is what it is.

Quick - how much of your $100 annual dues go to the National VCA? Tick-tock, tick-tock. Give up? The answer: Not a single penny from your annual dues goes to the National VCA. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Your dues go back to your regional clubs, VIPER magazine, membership badges, and club management (who is 100% JR Thompson - no VCA officers are paid a nickel). Yet the National VCA has to come up with funds for such things as Zone Rendezvous, VCA Notes ($38K), sponsorships like Viper Days ($15K), awards, banners, liability insurance for every member at every club event, membership renewal gifts, website expenses, additional management fees from JRT (800 number, flyers, etc.), board meetings, regional stipends, postage, conference calls, etc. Oh yeah, and raffle cars - often at MSRP plus any costs of customization.

So how much does the VCA spend? Well, according to the budget we received in April, the estimate for 2006 VCA expenses was $314,217. And the estimated income? $165,000. You do the math. So, where does the VCA come up with that $165,000 - much less the total amount of $314,217? Besides some minor categories like website advertising, VCA merchandise, and ads in VCA Notes - the raffles, of course. Without those raffles the VCA would cease to exist in a matter of seconds. So that brings us to this one.

Besides a handful of DC execs, how many people can call up the factory and tell them they want the very last car or truck off the line produced for that model? Very few, if any. If you knew you could end up with that vehicle for $100 or even $83.34, would you take a shot at it - regardless of what it was? Maybe. And if you were a Mopar fan and this was a significant Mopar, even more likely.

Now let's say you run the VCA. And let's say DaimlerChrysler/SRT offered to sell you the very last Viper-engine truck ever made. Even better, it was in the crew cab version (family-sized) and in the limited Night Runner trim. Not only did it carry the #400 of 400 plaque (which offers yet another very interesting twist of trivia), but it was signed by the folks on the assembly line and various folks from Team SRT. Would you turn it down? Or would you jump all over it with the thought of raffling it off to raise much-needed funds for the club? Assuming you wanted your VCA to stay in business, you would jump all over it.

So then comes the question of how many tickets and at what price. Will all the Viper owners want a truck? Nope. So should we sell a lot less tickets than the typical 2000? Or should we make this opportunity open to other car enthusiasts besides Viper owners? The result is that your National Board of Directors was consulted and agreed to raise the number of tickets minimally and decrease the cost as well ($100 vs. $125). What we felt was a pretty reasonable thing considering that we raised the number of eligible buyers from roughly 5,000 to roughly 100,000 that might be interested. Mind you, we had to jump through numerous legal hoops to do it, but we succeeded.

Now here is the kicker: That money directly benefits Viper owners in the VCA and nobody else. If anybody should be upset it should be the non-Viper owner: Joe Blow drops $250 and doesn't win the truck. Yet his $250 will go to benefit all those fat-cat Viper owners (tongue planted firmly in cheek). Are they complaining? Nope. I have let every car club I know of about this raffle and they were excited to get a shot at a significant "last of" vehicle. Hell, if I had a shot at the last Ford Lightning produced I would have bought tickets to that in a heartbeat - and I am not a Ford guy at all.

The bottom line is that the VCA offers a LOT of benefits for its members. And I suspect those benefits will continue to increase and become even more obvious. Including unique opportunities like this one. Now those benefits come at a substantial cost and the only way to cover that is with raffles. The VCA had the opportunity to acquire an incredible vehicle and jumped all over it. In order to assure that it sells well they offered it to nonmembers for the very first time. The idea is to keep the VCA strong and continue to underwrite major events, gifts, and numerous other direct benefits for our members. Greed? Absolutely not. The VCA wants to give back as much as possible to their members. Where else would it go?

Respectfully submitted,

Chris

PS. I would have been the first to buy tickets for this one but National Officers (or electees) cannot participate. Call me first if you win! :2tu:

No one can argue with that. I'm happy that you explained it, I was tired of reading posts from all the whiners...

I'm all for supporting the VCA and have $250 to spend on 3 tickets. If I win, great. If I don't, it goes to MY club. Sounds like a WIN-WIN!

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

But what really kills me is that it is the Viper owners that are complaining about it - and yet they are the only ones that directly benefit from it.

Now here is the kicker: That money directly benefits Viper owners in the VCA and nobody else. If anybody should be upset it should be the non-Viper owner: Joe Blow drops $250 and doesn't win the truck. The idea is to keep the VCA strong and continue to underwrite major events, gifts, and numerous other direct benefits for our members. Greed? Absolutely not. The VCA wants to give back as much as possible to their members. Where else would it go?

Respectfully submitted,

Chris

Chris, Great job, as always! I couldn't believe the whining, or the rant. It's just so obvious that the Viper owners are the people who benefit from these raffles.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chris,
I couldn't have asked for a better response to the whiners. Personally, I think it is very nice of the VCA to even let non-owners/Enthusiasts even post on these boards. Keep the VCA strong so consequently our voice will be strong to the DC factory.

Thanks
Lawrence

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very well put.....there are to many cry babies on this board with nothing better to do then bash anyone or anything.If you dont like it dont buy it and stop complaining.Very well put.....there are to many cry babies on this board with nothing better to do then bash anyone or anything.If you dont like it dont buy it and stop complainingit

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why? You are a "cry baby" because you can't stand another ones different opinion.

Different opinions should be allowed here. Or?

Do I say that you should stop writing about "your" opinion...nope

Needless to say, the TRUCK is not a Viper and will never be.

THIS is the VIPERclub of America and not the VIPERTRUCKCLUB OF SHUT_UP!

If you do NOT like other opinions don't use this site or the INTERNET.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did I call you a cry baby??????? If you take offence to this then maybe you are in the cry baby class that I described (as always complaining)and I guess you might think of your self as one too .Are you the type that complains about everything and whines? now as per your quote "THIS is the VIPER Club of America and not the VIPERTRUCKCLUB OF SHUT_UP" If your point is this is the VCA and its only Vipers then is this also the VCA and you are in Switzerland oh I mean Bavaria? (maybe then we shouldn’t let you be a member as you are not in America remember- VCA) by the way other foreign members this is not my feelings I love that you guys are members. Ok I am sorry I do see you are perhaps not only a cry baby but also an ass____e

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for calling me an a**hole - you are the man - ahem club member - we need in the VCA.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, ViperGTS, you should know better than to express any criticism of the VCA or its activities on this forum! Shame on you! :p

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Seems to be a lot of posts turning mean lately (I can think of 3 offhand)...everyone needs to move to GA so you can drive your Vipers year round and not have so much spare time to fight :)

Reaction score

Chris's comments are excellent, leaving no justification for logical or rational negativity for the VCA raffle?

It is a fund raiser and buying a ticket is a choice. What is the point of rational of complaining about the raffle prize? If you do not like the prize do not buy a ticket! If you do not like the odds of 1:2750 do not buy a ticket! Want to change the raffle prize selection get involved with the VCA and work to make changes if you feel strongly about your opinions.

My chance of winning is now 1/ 916.67 :nana:

K

Kaya

I am buying three tickets. The odds are pretty good and this supports the VCA.

We looked at several Viper Trucks after a van full of drunk illegal aliens (no insurance) basically totalled our 2500 Ram V-10 truck. We bought a 3500 Cummins because of the need for a tow vehicle. We spent more on it than we would have on a Viper truck. If we win a Viper truck, we will keep it and enjoy it.

Everyone has their own idea of what is valuable.....

Reaction score

Thank you Fred.....but I was involved. Those days are coming to an end, though, and I'll have a chuckle every time I see the VCA raffling off a "Special Edition SRT6 Cordoba". Thank god there are people like you and ACR Steve to "save" the VCA!!!

NOT!

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does someone else here speak *******, because I am having a a hard time understanding what Supercharged Vipermad is saying? :hitfan:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got a note from somebody very close to this raffle along with a few pictures of just a few of the signatures adorning this truck:

"It was a great morale builder for ALL the truck line people to sign it. James Fink of SRT personally went down there to make sure it was done right. Then, special handling was used to bring it to FREC (Featherstone Road Engineering Center in Detroit) so ALL the engineers and marketing people involved in its design and execution could sign. To the best of my knowledge, NO production vehicle in the history of Detroit has ever received such documentation and treatment from ANY manufacturer. This exceeded even the line signatures of special Viper models in the past. This IS the most collectible Dodge truck ever built in my opinion."

You must be registered for see images

Tickets are still available and the raffle entry form can be found here:

http://www.viperclub.org/vca/vcaramraffle.pdf

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VCA \"Last Ram SRT-10\" Raffle *DELETED*

Post deleted by SRT10

Reaction score

Thanks Tony! :2tu:

There are many enthusiastic VCA members all over the World. That is want makes the VCA so fantastic.

Do I feel DC or the VCA is perfect or well run top to bottom? NO!

But there are positive changes being made with the VCA. The Mercedes by laws have been a big issue with me, but positive changes have been made and I hope they continue. DC has slipped to a new low in marketing and strategic relationship building by pulling support for Skip Barber. And Skip Barber gains Mazada as their platform. :buttkick: Big loss for Skip Barbers as well but Mazada certainly out maneuvers Dodge. :bonker:

So the raffle seems like a non issue relatively and actually I would love the have another RAM SRT10 QC. :2tu:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Big and Italian, I believe you were talking about the chance to purchase a 04 Blue/White SRT10 Ram , Viper Club Edition, and they went like hotcakes ( through a raffle like was done on the Barrett-Jackson VCA Editions ). New owners got to go to the Daytona 500 and pick up their monster pick ups during the race festivities - only 50 ever made.

We sold 130+ Viper trucks in November and I had a hand in 42 of them ---- virtually all of the ones I sold went to VCA members or Viper owners. It is one unreal machine and some feel the 06 is even faster than the 04 that set the Guiness Book of Records speed for fastest production truck....ever! It pulls harder in 5th with the 4.56 gears , so it would sure be nice to see SRT do one last attempt on the discontinued beast.

Reaction score

Great Job Bill! :2tu:

I love my RAM SRT 10 QC.

We are driving it to Southern(H.B) CA., from Northern CA, for Christmas. Added a DVD player for our son to be entertained for the 5 1/2 to 8 hour drive. It runs great, handles well, stops like a Viper(GEN II non ABS) and is very comfortable with lots of room for the larger body(6'2"/ 210 at pounds) types. And is the closest thing to a Viper that seats more than two.

I would love to win the last RAM SRT10 QC. :nana: May have to buy three more tickets. That would lower my odds to 1:458 :)