VCA "Last Ram SRT-10" Raffle

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA \"Last Ram SRT-10\" Raffle

The VCA has a unique Raffle going on.... for the last SRT-10 Ram off the line. Best of all, this raffle is "open to all". For a copy of the "Flyer", Click Here

Reaction score
Re: VCA \"Last Ram SRT-10\" Raffle

This raffle probably will be a sell out (although not to VCA members) because they've opened it up to the general public. I agree, $100 for this raffle is a joke. At $50 they'd have sold me a ticket, but $100 for a ticket for a Ram?!? No way. This is nothing but a money grab for the VCA.

Well....I missed that bit of info! Just another instance of the VCA after the almighty dollar. Someone please tell me WHY the VCA is peddling this piece of crap here? Putting the letter V C A don't make it anything special.

This HAS to be the JOKE of all time. The truck is worth a fraction of the loot they'll pull in. I dub this hilarious fiasco "THE Viper Tax of ALL TIME"!

Hmmmm....do I spend $100 on a raffle ticket....or renew my VCA Membership?

Confuscious say

NEITHER! The truck ain't worth it....and this club has sunk to an ALL TIME low.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

so does this truck have to be bought at full msrp? i'd hate to pay 100 just to buy a truck at full msrp :eek:

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

so does this truck have to be bought at full msrp? i'd hate to pay 100 just to buy a truck at full msrp :eek:

If you win...the truck is yours. You don't have to buy it.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The 4 Door SRT-10 Truck is automatic only - absolutely no interest from me!!!

You'd have thought the last one built would have been the 2 door stick!!!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you win...the truck is yours. You don't have to buy it.

Errr..except for having to declare the value of it as income, and pay the sales tax on the MSRP. Gulp.

OP
OP
J

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is it a potentially profitable raffle? Yes. The VCA may very well be the one holding the next VOI, that would take significant capital to do right.... why not be prepared?

Personally, I think this is an interesting raffle. Why a four-door? Maybe so the winner could use the truck as a tow rig. I've driven the four door, and it is a blast, ton's of get up and go, and room for the family. I already have a Viper, do I really need a Viper (two-door) truck? No, but I would have a USE for the four door rig. That's my opinion. If this is not something that would interest you, well, do not buy a ticket, and make suggestions for the next raffle to your regional president, ZD, DAL, or national officers.

No more raffle bashing will be accepted here.... contact those mentioned above directly if you have raffle suggetions or comments.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Night Runner edition is holding its value pretty well right now. I would expect #400 or 400 to retain significant value. As far as performance on a quad cab. It can run 13.0 all day long with 1500 worth of mods. Sign me up for three tickets

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Night Runner edition is holding its value pretty well right now. I would expect #400 or 400 to retain significant value. As far as performance on a quad cab. It can run 13.0 all day long with 1500 worth of mods. Sign me up for three tickets

*** Moe

Enjoy your truck, because your the only one who is possibly going to support this garbage, and therefore win that thing. :2tu:

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score

a 75 mile night runner without sunroof, navi, or dvd sold yesterday for 38300...

dont really need it since I just bought an 07 sti, but what the hell..I spend more than $250 on vodka redbulls in a night!

love when you call me a homo lil jon jon....that beatbox of your still on crates?

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's everything I can do not to blast some of the people on this site. The SRT-10 Ram is bad a$$. Do you have a four door truck that can smoke most cars? Probably not.

If your not interested, shut your hole. If you don't support the VCA nor like it find another website and forum.

And yes...this crap really ****** me off.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will be entering my first raffle , this truck is perfect for towing my Viper to the track.
spray..................

Reaction score

CarDude,

Agree, must be hard feeling on the part of one, I love my SRT10 RAM QC. It is almost a garage King with only 10,000 plus miles. They are great trucks with a Viper heart! When our VCA region has events that are family tolerant I take the RAM.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Like it or hate it, it is a NICE truck. Why are they showing it here on this site some ask, well its a performance truck with a shared motor in our cars. We are all performance freaks here,so this truck would make a nice addition at any home. Or just sell it and make some extra cash if you win. Worse case,you are out $ 100. But it went to a GOOD cause, OUR club.

Like ZEN said, most of us would spend twice that in one night of drinking, in my case Jager/redbulls. :)

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

A lot of car clubs have raffles to raise money for their club. I get several offers throughout the year to buy tickets. The cars they raffle off have no unique qualities to them at all. They are just the same as any other one you could find on a dealer's lot.

The VCA has raffled several vehicles. They are unique, each in their own way. It takes some effort to coordinate but the results are worth it.

Don't like the color, options, vehicle choice, etc.? Then don't buy a ticket. Don't like a specific event? Then don't go.

No purpose to ruin something for those that do appreciate it just because you do not.

Or people can just gripe whenever something doesn't personally please them and undercut the motivation to even offer something unique. Then the club can raffle stock vehicles just like every other car club does.

You must be registered for see images

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

a 75 mile night runner without sunroof, navi, or dvd sold yesterday for 38300...

dont really need it since I just bought an 07 sti, but what the hell..I spend more than $250 on vodka redbulls in a night!

love when you call me a homo lil jon jon....that beatbox of your still on crates?

Hell yeah you do.. I have seen you blow that much on Vodka and bull just taking it easy after a easy day. You have such a tough life.... oh no thats right, your kidneys do :D

And yes/no my car is still on crates, but I have a full set of ACR rims w/ Tires hopefully being shipped out today from JonB, I have a couple of spare ACR rims coming from across the country, and Hopefully some time in Mid January, I will have a full set of SSRs with PS2's all around, and a second set of rears with BFGS wrapped around them. (Just as soon as Tire Rack gets them in and fills my order I placed last month through JonB !!)

Hey, do you even own a viper? on crates or otherwise? :bonker:

Lemme know when the next vodka and bull night is, my kidneys dont have holes in them yet, and your my hero !! :nana:

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Don't like the color, options, vehicle choice, etc.? Then don't buy a ticket.
They will sell more tickets if they list the options. It looks like they're raffling a NightRunner with no other options, and I don't want that.

Reaction score

Blah, blah, blah....Don't like my personal opinion....don't read it. :)

Heck...other than a couple...I don't read YOURS!! LOL!

Other than the SRT-10 Ram Blue and White....the VCA has always been about Vipers.....till now.

Now...it is just about money. Support it all you want, you might be right...you might be wrong.

Who really cares?

For me it is just another indication that the VCA is now just another car club.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey it sounds like fun to me. What's the difference in putting money in a machine or on a gambling table? The odds actually sound better when it comes to the truck. I wish I could finally win something but I think I would have a better chance at winning the damn Lottery. Hahaha. Anyway, I would love to have that truck!!

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It looks like they're raffling a NightRunner with no other options, and I don't want that.

You've got too many freakin' V-10 powered vehicles as it is Dave!

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, since no one else has said anything, I'll be the smart @$$.

This is Viper related HOW??

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys, Guys;

I guess as probably the newest VCA member and recent 06' Viper Coupe owner (still waiting for my VCA # to come back), I guess I do not have the history of the politics on this one, but I have some rare time this evening so I will inquire.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I know all people outside of the VCA (as I was previously), think of the Ram SRT10 as a Viper truck so I am a little taken back as it appears to be the bastard sheep here.

Win the Powerball and complain about the taxes you pay is just not right. Spending $100 on a Ram SRT10, winning it, having to pay the taxes but turning around and having the option to selling it for a profit if you do not like it, is bad for the winner in what way?

Just trying to see the downside here fellows? If I did not have my new 07 Jeep SRT8, the truck would be of use to me, but if I won it, she would be on the block for sale. Just no room left in the garage.

I would display the garage but I can't add anything to my signature, yet. It just says 0 chcaracter sleft and I have nothing in it. Go figure!

Reaction score

The downside is right there to be seen....those who don't see it.....sadly...never will. :(

I've got to go now....I'm expected over at the Subaru Baja Club to raffle off a Viper.

See....now THERE is a huge raffle.....imagine a Subaru Club raffling off a super car like a Viper!

Plus....this is, I believe, THE FIRST "VCA" raffle open to THE WORLD.....it is THE END of an era. Hasta la vista!

Reaction score

Coloviper,

First, Welcome to the World of Viperholics. As an old timer I am with you 100%.

The plate on my SRT 10QC is "VPR TRK" Stick around and you will soon learn the group with the half empty glass of Sour Grape Juice. There is some history with some of the Sour Grape's that once felt part of the inner circle and no longer enjoy that feeling.

The Viper Club is a great group of Viper owners, many of whom have become friends over the years. As a VCA member we(wife and son) have meet many wonderful people from all over the world. As with any group of people there will always be some on the fringes of the bell curve.

The raffle helps finance the national and regional clubs as well as Viper magazine.

There is no intellectual rational to whine about the Viper Truck being the vehicle to help fund the club. Just consider the source.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Fred;

I really appreciate the warm welcome.

Having finally had some rare free time to log on this evening, I was hoping the VCA would be different from some of the other previous clubs I belonged to, mainly some of the Mustang and Saleen clubs where it seemed to be more about whinning than enthusiasm. One of the other posts I participated in this evening on 06 Coupe prices, really had me questioning if it was.

Raffles are never really about the actual vehicles anyway, the goal is the money raised, though a vehicle with some connection is still required. Business is business. I guess only business owners can appreciate that statement.

Thanks Fred, I think I may just stick around.

Reaction score

There is no intellectual rational to whine about the Viper Truck being the vehicle to help fund the club. Just consider the source.

Yeah....and let me help you if you want to check THIS source...he props himself up to be some sort of speaker for the cult, but some in-depth looks into HIS rationale and you'll run away scared!!

Notice he couldn't stay away from trying to make some sort of comment about "the source". Some people are blinded, and remain blinded to continually follow...BAAAA...BAAAA

Think for yourself....thats all I can offer. If you'd like ANY information concerning what things USED to be like (unless you'd rather just believe Fred), drop me a note. I have archives that date back AGES!

And Fred...it isn't a Viper truck. If it were a Viper truck they be allowed to join the Viper Club. They have not, and...if you will recall (I can refresh your memory if you like), MOST people HERE were ADAMANT about them NOT being "Vipers". So...which is it?

If it was called what it is...instead of veiled behind the guise of something "VCA"...then it would be a mere "fund raiser". However....the VCA raffles have moved on to things other than Vipers. Maybe next we'll get a one-of-a-kind "Fred Kinder....Driving School SRT6 Caravan"!!!!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I learned a long time ago, that people on forums come and go, we all once were Noobs, there are always whiners on every forum,you cant make evryone happy and last, if a club is to survive it has to be constantly changing and evolving. I hope the VCA makes alot of money on this and other raffles. It will keep us all enjoying alot of events for a long time to come. I just went to my first VOI and it was great,hope its not my last

Also the funny thing is, I have met so many great people in short time through the VCA. Not heard one single whiner,till you come to this forum. I would say maybe 5 people out of our 75 plus people in my club post here. And I never here any of them complain. Fred Kinder is in our club and at monthly dinners is one of the most chartiable guys Ive seen. I ve only talked with him a few times. But its people like him and everyone else who keep the VCA going.

From $1- $1000 donations,memebership dues and RAFFLES, WE ALL keep this club going. Hope to see you all at a VOI 10.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What a bunch of cry
s'

I'm in for three, it helps the club and for $250 I can win a SRT-10!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang