VCA Revelstoke Ralley this weekend

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm leaving this evening to attend the Revelstoke VCA Ralley. The ralley is up a switchback mountain park access road and should be a blast. Have to leave the wife at the Hotel as she'd not thrilled with the high speed anything, but she can enjoy all the scenery the rest of the weekend.

Plans are to cruise up and down Highway 23, a couple of ferries over Arrow Lake, etc. I was at Arrow Lake when they damned it and made it the largest man made lake in Canada(I think) back when I was a fishin' kid. That was also the first time I water skied 8' waves.

Should be good for another few thousand miles on my 01 GTS. Registered the car in Aug and already put 5,000 joyous miles on it.

Ted

V

Venomiss

You are so lucky!!! Revelstoke is beautiful -especially at the top. Some nice short trails with awesome views so be sure to take pictures. Your wife will be missing out if she stays behind. There is a train museum in town that's nice too.

Have a great time and we will be looking for pictures!:eater:

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will love Revelstoke. If you think its nice in the summer you should see it in the winter. They average 60 feet of snow per year at the top of the mountain. It is known as the snowmobiling capital of the world. Wish I could be there.

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Been there, done that! I live near the Central Coast of BC along Hwy 20. 800 lakes within about 50 mi. 4th highest waterfall in the world, near the Bella Coola Hill in the communities of Anaham /Nimpo Lakes. 200 miles of 2 lane highway with few people. Had a 220hp Thunder cat sled.
all of BC is mountains and awesome scenery.

The VCA 07 Mountain Ralley was awesome! And I came in second place - not bad for a ******! Those "slow to 20kph" corners were a blast. After the corners I got to fishtail to 50mph then cruise to the next corner, and there was a lot of corners. Me placing in the ralley was because evertime I had the urge to keep on the throttle, I remembered the 50mph rule and knew my navigator would give me "what for". So I did shift into 3rd and lift the throttle. Without her I would have been disqualified for overspeeding. Thanks, Deana.

13+ Vipers attended and meeting everyone was great. Seeing different driving styles during the cruises we went on was interesting. 6 GTSs were there and at least 6 supercharged cars participated. Everybody had a great time. We plan to attend the next one as well. Put about 1800mi. on my car last weekend. Took some pics and I'll put some up later.

Ted

V

Venomiss

:drive: :drive: :drive:
That is great Ted! Congratulations! That would be an event to remember and sounds like you had a good time in the rally along with a big turnout of Vipers.

Awesome stuff and we'll be looking for those pictures!

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a blast!
You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

Hopefully these post properly.

lined up at the Skyway gate for starting, a few already left.

[/URL][/IMG]

Mica Dam highway.

[/URL][/IMG]

Where we stopped outside of Nakusp after two ferries over the Arrow Lakes

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here are a few pictures from the weekends meet I will attach more as i resize them.

Shane

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Shane, hope you & Jody had a good trip home. I ended up with 1500 miles added to my odometer. You?

Ted & Deana

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Deana took some pics with her camera that she gave me.

[/URL][/IMG]

Parked outside the 3 Valley Ghost Town and Resort.

[/URL][/IMG]

Cruising toward Mica Dam

[/URL][/IMG]

Vipers loaded the Ferry along both sides going across Arrow Lake.

Ted

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we had a blast.It was the best way to spend our second year as a married couple.I may even have her convienced to start looking for a viper of her own.

V

Venomiss

Awesome pictures and the Vipers looked great! :2tu:

Thank you for sharing and I will live vicariously through you guys until we get back to Canada next summer.:can1:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte