VCA vs non VCA

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is worth the 100 per year. Like I said on the last post that was deleted, I like the magazine, some of the info, and whatever other little things come along with the membership. I hate the argument though that I save money by belonging. That if I spend money, I'll save money. Just my opinion.

BUT, interesting how many of the responces still go back to censorship of the posts being a big problem. Certianly wasn't a problem with the "Alex" post. Geez, some things came out in that post that I wouldn't want my kids to read for sure, but the thread kept on going and I think it should, as should all threads. Again, I don't like the many different sections, the way things get thrown into Off Topic, the fact taht my searches turn up blank becasue the post was deleted. Yes there is an extent to everything, but lighten up with the deleting, and the closed threads.

AC

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if this is something you will value, but one issue that I feel is invaluable is the group itself. A couple times a year I will get a call from someone in a dilemma (flat, not running, or need for something to continue on) and usually it happens on a Sunday. By having this group I have managed to either call directly or give the person in need a contact that can help their particular situation. I recall once a regional pres called to tell me one of my members was in his house eating pizza while they were waiting for a new tire to get mounted and balanced. There wasn't much effort other than knowledge of the area, but that knowledge got the member back on the road that night. No money involved, but invaluable group at your fingertips. And let's face it, must of us just do it because it gives you a chance to talk more Viper.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiepilot:
I will not be a VCA member this go around as I really haven't seen any benefit. I don't race so that eliminates anything to do with the local club. The way these zealous moderators operate on this site became the deciding factor that pushed me away. So, good job guys you saved me $100.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you dont like what the local region is doing, how about helping out with some kind of event you want to do. I happen to enjoy performance driving, the Ga region was a non event, So Dr. Jimmy & myself started to have our own events , regardless of club sanction.We have just had an election & the board is looking to plan a complete region calender that will include all types of events. your quitting too early.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pete,
Please don't be offended I did not intend in anyway to disparage the GA Club or any of it's members.

Chuck

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silkey:
the membership does have a few advantages.but if you live in south carolina you are just stranded.the ga club or the nc club is just to far away.it seems all they want to do is road race.thats fine for them but not for me,i am a drag racer.there are rumors that there is a viper that is sometimes racing at jackson drag strip,havent caught up with him yet!hate going down there by myself when surrounded by z-06's.help!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jackson? There are others in SC, like SAM Team and Chris Bray...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajya