Venture Shield in Boston area

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody have any recommendations on getting VentureShield installed on a Gen4 in the Boston area?? I just bought a new SSG convertible and will fly in next month to pick up and drive home. I would love to get the car protected before starting on the 2000+ mile trip home. Looking to get it installed at the dealer before I get in. TIA for any references you can provide.

V

Venomiss

Anybody have any recommendations on getting VentureShield installed on a Gen4 in the Boston area?? I just bought a new SSG convertible and will fly in next month to pick up and drive home. I would love to get the car protected before starting on the 2000+ mile trip home. Looking to get it installed at the dealer before I get in. TIA for any references you can provide.

Anyone help you with this?

OP
OP
J

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not yet. I have been talking to a local installer that I found through the Venture Shield website, and the Dodge dealer is trying to help me out by talking to someone who has done some cars for them in the past (but I don't have details on what film product he uses yet). I may just have to get it done without the benefit of a reference. The installer I have been talking to has told me that the film on the side sills will not take the heat well and will discolor. I haven't seen that comment on this board before.

One way or another, I will have the car done before I drive it home (at least on the front end).

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im a Ventureshield installer and dealer, the film will not color or have any problems on the side sills. Mine are completely done for over a year, no problems. Stick with the ventureshield, it has the least orange peel out of any films. PM me if you have questions. Also if you fine an installer and have to buy the film, let me know I can save you a bunch I bet. Normally the installers will have their own. Also depends if your doing bulk or kits.

OP
OP
J

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks 85, I may be calling you depending on how it ends up. Do you know of anyone using the ventureshield on the tops of the doors, by the door handles?? I have this vision of scratches from my wife's ring(s). That vision must have originated with the scratch on the passenger door of my pickup....:dunno:

V

Venomiss

Glad 85 can help a bit. He knows his stuff.:)

No members in the Boston area?