Very Sad Today - Tomorrow will be Worse

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Selling my beautiful 01GTS to a fella from Tulsa. He's flying up tomorrow, I pick him at the airport, and home he goes. I'll tell you, there might not be anything as painful as seeing her go. Can't really handle two Vipers though.

Cleaned her up real nice yesterday. Then, went in the garage 3 times and was actually shocked at the beauty of that car. It was just like when I got her. Asked the wife to just go out in the garage and look around. Didn't say why. All she could say was immediately, "WOW." The GTS is the most beautiful car I have ever seen. I must admit, setting side by side, the GTS is definitely the one with the looks. WOW, again.

BUT, I came to the Viper world 3 years ago with the sole intent of getting the next generation Viper. That I did. But you folks that still have the older generations, you have something very special.

Still, hope springs eternal --- when the coupe comes out, I'll be there.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Don't think I could get rid of my GTS. After 5 years I still go out in the garage just to look at it. Nicely stated sentiment on your part. Hope you enjoy your SRT.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that-

Just yesterday, I went in the garage, and looked at my
20-short-months old GTS from various angles. It still looks great to me, and makes me feel just like when I used to drool over new Vipers on the showroom floor, before getting mine. I made sure I got one before the Gen3 came out. That was my goal, to get a GTS while the getting was good.

The SRT is a great car, well thought out, and at least raises the handling and braking performance levels. Enjoy!

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to get to sappy here either, but after putting a coat of wax on the GTS Viper yesterday. I stood in the garage today for a couple of minutes just looking at the styling of the past. Can't say any other car I've owner made me just pause, look and marvel at it!!!

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've sat in the garage on lazy afternoons and just studied the car, letting my eyes drift across it, enjoying the view and a cold one for long periods of time several times over the past few months...

I love my other cars, but I've never done that with any of them for any significant amount of time. Certainly not long enough to enjoy a beer. ;)

Reaction score
My wife is not a car person. She took some pleasure, before delivery, saying the SRT looked like a Vette. When I had them side by side she said the SRT was the best looking and in her eyes it dated the others(GT2 & ACR). My almost 4 yr old son also likes the SRT better. Last weekend 2 guys both with ZO6's came over to look at the car and commented they liked it better than the previous model.

Just another observation.

I like the SRT and would sell a GENII before the SR

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would not be suprising that Vette owners prefer the looks of the SRT over the GTS, in my opinion.

Infer what you will.

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After seeing my first SRT on the road, I went full force into finding a great GTS. Like others have said, the SRT is great for handling and brakes (from what I hear), but it is just not the GTS.

I envision myself sitting in my garage staring at my GTS just like others have done. Well, at least I am getting closer and closer to owning one!!

Zach

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zach is the dumba$$ of the day :) . Too much typing with no review...thanks for pointing that out Viperfreak!!

Zach

OP
OP
F

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, he just left the driveway, with my GTS. He (David) looked at both the SRT and GTS next to each other and said, "Gee, the hood is so much better on the GTS, and the back too." This was his very first look at the SRT. He told me, "Are you sure you want to do this?" I told him, yes.

You see, my wife thinks the SRT is more "elegant" looking than the GTS, so I have that small problem. In her analogy, the GTS is a stunning call girl, where the SRT is a elegant princess. So, the GTS left. I'm not allowed to mess with call girls.

There the wife and I stood, watching that most stunning and beautiful GTS rumble away to Tulsa. David was very nervous, but very happy. He promised to take good care of her.

She will always be my favorite call girl.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Well, he just left the driveway, with my GTS. He (David) looked at both the SRT and GTS next to each other and said, "Gee, the hood is so much better on the GTS, and the back too." This was his very first look at the SRT. He told me, "Are you sure you want to do this?" I told him, yes.

You see, my wife thinks the SRT is more "elegant" looking than the GTS, so I have that small problem. In her analogy, the GTS is a stunning call girl, where the SRT is a elegant princess. So, the GTS left. I'm not allowed to mess with call girls.

There the wife and I stood, watching that most stunning and beautiful GTS rumble away to Tulsa. David was very nervous, but very happy. He promised to take good care of her.

She will always be my favorite call girl.
Frank,
Want a great analogy! My wife always told me she would rather I have the GTS instead of a call girl! Needless to say I agreed. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960