Very Slow 08 Please Help

SRT BEE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had not driven my car for about 6 months until this week and it is a real dog! It will not even brake the tires loose in first gear, it is slow to raise the rpms, and it lacks pull even when over 4500 rpm. What gives? My Cummins pulls harder than this I'm not kidding.
Last year it would get sideways in second gear and pulled hard at any rpm. I had my Body Control Module (BCM) changed at the end of last year under a recall could this have something to do with it? Does something need to be reprogrammed or flashed? Or has something else gone wrong?
Before you ask the gas is fresh.

Reaction score
If the dealer flashed anything they could have messed it up and changed the throttle calibration or forgot to. Definitely take it in and have the thing checked out. No check engine light means it does not see a problem so I would lean to wards a calibration problem from the swap.

Let us know what you find.

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Put 100 octane that's what I do and never have a problem putting my car down 6 months at a time.

OP
OP
S

SRT BEE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If the dealer flashed anything they could have messed it up and changed the throttle calibration or forgot to. Definitely take it in and have the thing checked out. No check engine light means it does not see a problem so I would lean to wards a calibration problem from the swap.

Let us know what you find.

How do they do the calibration?

Reaction score
How do they do the calibration?

They will hook up a STAR scan and link the PCM to the Chrysler site. Then they will prompt for the calibration sequence and the Tech will need to follow all the instructions to a tee. There is always the chance with a wireless connection of a faulty calibration. They may just have to do it again, if that does not fix it you could have a faulty pedal sensor? The dealer will have to dig for embedded codes stored in the PCM and clear all of them before the calibration also.

OP
OP
S

SRT BEE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They will hook up a STAR scan and link the PCM to the Chrysler site. Then they will prompt for the calibration sequence and the Tech will need to follow all the instructions to a tee. There is always the chance with a wireless connection of a faulty calibration. They may just have to do it again, if that does not fix it you could have a faulty pedal sensor? The dealer will have to dig for embedded codes stored in the PCM and clear all of them before the calibration also.

Thanks Once Again, I will go in on Monday and talk to my dealer. I am also going to try and drive the you know what out of it this weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine