Vette owners don't know what Viper headlights look like

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did I catch that right? You can turn some things on a Vette off? Or was that there are some things on a Vette that turn you off?
Please clarify to a non-Vette owner that does not want to be turned off.

Yes, you can turn some things 'off' in the Vette...making it a bit MORE fun and not a turn-off~!!! Turning you on yet? :eater: (I don't even need a KEY to turn-on-my-Vette, HAH!)
~juleswiththetrickle-chargingVettebutnodoesn'tturnmeonlikeaVIPERRRRRRR

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, the Z06 didn't come with paddle-shifters, the only reason I got this particular Vette in the first place....I wanted the paddle-shifters. And, I don't drag race, or track the car. Leaving the TC on helps launch from light-to-light. And, it's just fun to have 2 cars that Mike & I can take out and run~~~~:drive::drive:! :cool: ~juli

So how is that paddle shifter?? I actually heard for an automatic (and American car) it works really well and shifts pretty fast.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how is that paddle shifter?? I actually heard for an automatic (and American car) it works really well and shifts pretty fast.

YEP, that it does!!!! :drive: I LOVE it...NOT TO EVER compare to a VIPER, it does NOT, and I've never and never will say it does. BUT, it's quite quick and yes, the shifts are SUPER-FAST...*bam*bam*bam*...! Since I could not afford a Ferrari, this was the next best thing, lol. ~juli

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ahhhh, a challenge!!!! I'm always up for one...and you're right, it depends on the driver as well...and I never claim to be the best driver...just a FASSSSSST driver~! :drive::drive: Remember, it's a paddle-shifting Vette, no letup on throttle...NO match for torque/but from the hole, oh yeahhhhhhh! :D VIPERS will always rule, though, no doubt!!!! You'll never hear me say anything different.
~juli
I've never lost to a vette light to light so I will have to dispute that. However, I will say that paddle shifting does make a huge difference and I have never tried a vette with that option. I have driven my friends Scuderia which of course has paddle shifting and it does make a mountain of difference. That is the one option I wouldn't mind seeing for the Viper. In the Viper again I have no doubt it would be a huge change.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never lost to a vette light to light so I will have to dispute that. However, I will say that paddle shifting does make a huge difference and I have never tried a vette with that option. I have driven my friends Scuderia which of course has paddle shifting and it does make a mountain of difference. That is the one option I wouldn't mind seeing for the Viper. In the Viper again I have no doubt it would be a huge change.

Hi Chrissss...lol...well, as I said, it's not a Ferrari~! But oh yeahhhhhh....paddle-shifting is SO much faster and fun...tho I WILL say I prefer where Ferrari puts its' paddles...on the STEERING COLUMN...not where the Vette's are...like push-button switches on the steering WHEEL...so ya have to FOLLOW the wheel as you're turning to shift...that's the one thing I'd definitely change. Yeah, it truly is an experience. WE'D go with Vipers w/paddle-shifting, but you'll get lots of others here who say that is blasphemy~!! As you said, it'd be a HUGE difference. Maybe someday, who knows?! ~juli

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Chrissss...lol...well, as I said, it's not a Ferrari~! But oh yeahhhhhh....paddle-shifting is SO much faster and fun...tho I WILL say I prefer where Ferrari puts its' paddles...on the STEERING COLUMN...not where the Vette's are...like push-button switches on the steering WHEEL...so ya have to FOLLOW the wheel as you're turning to shift...that's the one thing I'd definitely change. Yeah, it truly is an experience. WE'D go with Vipers w/paddle-shifting, but you'll get lots of others here who say that is blasphemy~!! As you said, it'd be a HUGE difference. Maybe someday, who knows?! ~juli
Right on the steering wheel? Interesting. Not sure I would like that. Seems like it would be hard to shift even if the steering wheel was turned a little bit, especially in a turn. But I guess they figured why in the heck would you be shifting in a turn. Anyway, yes you are right. On the Ferrari it is on the column and it takes just a quick flick of a finger. Amazing fast. You are also right. Some would consider that on the Viper blasphemy and I understand. Standard shifting is part of the diving experience I enjoy but I definitely could be talked into paddle shifting as an option. Not much else but definitely that. You would see the speed times drop dramatically with it as I am sure you know. Chris

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, Chris...I appreciate the understanding of WHY the paddle-shifting...but yeah, on the steering wheel is NOT conducive when turning...on straightaways, it's fine, obviously. Yep, we'd also go along with paddle-shifting in the Viper...it IS faster...tho yes, some will scream 'blasphemy'...and I understand that as well...keeping the Viper as RAW as it is, is what MAKES A VIPER such a DRIVERS' car. THX again! ~juli

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli got it right............

The Viper is a work of art.

Gen II is the classic Viper. All others are wannabees.

History will prove that out, BTW.

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
johniew398

I'm thinking you may be right. Only problem is I've had 600HP in my Viper since 96 and the Vette is only getting close now. I met up with a ZR1 in Greenwood SC and he backed down like a good little boy.

Bottom line is there's a million Vetts out there and very few Vipers. The Viper has a certain "mystique" that the millions of Vetts will never know :headbang:

To me a Vette is like a Beetle 20 years ago. Seen everywhere but not worth much...............

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli got it right............
The Viper is a work of art.
Gen II is the classic Viper. All others are wannabees.
History will prove that out, BTW.

Frank...totally agree~! GenII IS our favorite Viper/body style. But ALL Vipers are "Works of Art"...IMO...I love 'em all. There will always be the 'Vette-Viper' rivalry...and that's fine too...to each their own, and whatever anyone enjoys is their prerogative. I reiterate: NOTHING touches the Viper in performance...it rules~!! :headbang:
~juli