VID: 170 MPH Viper pass....

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After lurking around this website for the last six months while I try to convince my wife to not divorce me if I purchase a Viper, I had to comment on the "170 mph video." I noticed either a UFO or a helicopter going mach 2 streaking low across the sky at the beginning of the video. :rolleyes: Everyone draw your own conclusions from there.

Steel00GTS, If we can't trust your first claim of a real 170 MPH pass (which would be CRIMINALLY INSANE on a 2 lane highway) then how can we believe what follows?

Just my .02

OP
OP
S

Steel00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have first hand knowledge of LPE ZR1 and LPE C5 TT doing runs over that speed(at a track), and that viper is definitely not doing 170.

I'm glad you know for sure then... but then again your from New Jersey, the official homo state.

1st hand knowledge huh.. like when you take it up the ass? Little ******. :usa:

OP
OP
S

Steel00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Explain why, if you are telling the truth, your pictures are hosted on a site called "The Astonisher" created by Daniel La Civita whom is located in Saugus, MA @ 617-285-2658 according to the public information given.

You say you are from Palm Beach, FL in your bio? Why do you need to use the "The Astonisher" a.k.a. "Tom Isaacson" website then? It states he performs in the New England Area among other things. This could mean you are using his site illegally or you are not whom you paint yourself really to be.

Steel00GTS, I know that you like to fly RC helicopters, maybe you are confusing them with the real deal?

I could be wrong, you could be a helicopter pilot and a website designer... :confused: :D

Ohhh, you're a big scary detective.. you figured me out!

My friend is a magician www.theastonisher.com, I'm using his web site as a FTP, oh SMART ONE! :rolleyes:

I do fly RC helicopters... man you know you're right. I tried to get in one the other day but couldn't and remember that it wasn't a "real" one.

But that picture I send with me flying the 206.. I just photoshop'd my face in it.

While you ****** are arguing if that video is real or not... I'll be picking up the super models....

You must be registered for see images

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Counting the number of telephone poles and using that as the distance travled per second. Estimate the starting and stopping point and the car was doing 121.18 mph when it passed the camera. It was accelerating at that point so the top speed can't be determined with the video but 170 mph is unlikeley given the conditions.

OP
OP
S

Steel00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROFL, how do you know how far appart the telephone poles are?

I will show the in car video. It's hard to see the speedo, but you can see the tach and tell I'm in 5th gear wide open throttle.

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey
I have first hand knowledge of LPE ZR1 and LPE C5 TT doing runs over that speed(at a track), and that viper is definitely not doing 170.

I'm glad you know for sure then... but then again your from New Jersey, the official homo state.

1st hand knowledge huh.. like when you take it up the ass? Little ******. :usa:

I'm only visiting, I'm from Florida. Still have my home/condo there(Jax./Cocoa Beach).
Here, look at this for reference. (not me)
I also have first hand knowledge of bikes at speed. You weren't doing 170.

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Standard spacing for that size pole is 132 feet. Remember I estimated starting and stopping point. Calculate in the time/distance and you have my estimated speed. In no way is this close to an engineering measurement of speed over distance, just my guess. The viper is more that capable of obtaining that speed.

OP
OP
S

Steel00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Standard spacing for that size pole is 132 feet. Remember I estimated starting and stopping point. Calculate in the time/distance and you have my estimated speed. In no way is this close to an engineering measurement of speed over distance, just my guess. The viper is more that capable of obtaining that speed.

What did you say? 120mph?

In Car Video

Sucko el Cocko... Blade Runner! Man you sounded half way smart for a sec. there [******] brains.

OP
OP
S

Steel00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

See post above all knowing brain..

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never did I say you were not telling the truth or make any personal accusations toward you. I said my guess of the cars speed as the car passed the camera. It could be doing 170 when it passed the red car. Makes no difference 120 or 170 in traffic it should not be done at the expense of risking others lives.

OP
OP
S

Steel00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never did I say you were not telling the truth or make any personal accusations toward you. I said my guess of the cars speed as the car passed the camera. It could be doing 170 when it passed the red car. Makes no difference 120 or 170 in traffic it should not be done at the expense of risking others lives.

I agree it shouldn't have been done, probably never will be donw again.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quote

[/QUOTE]

I am trying to think of something funny to say about this picture but I just keep drooling. :cool:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
You must have 3:54s!

heh heh, just kiddin', since its so trendy to call bs, thought I'd give it a go!

57 posts to go

OP
OP
S

Steel00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must have 3:54s!

heh heh, just kiddin', since its so trendy to call bs, thought I'd give it a go!

57 posts to go

I know... but at least all of you have proof.

Even though now that I posted the video everyone is silent... no appologies? :confused:

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steel00GTS;

Finally a girl posting on this site that doesn't look like a ******... Thanks for a great read....

(as a driver however, you are insane)

OP
OP
S

Steel00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steel, what are you rear size tires?
Everything else is stock, right?

Everything is stock. Not even a K&N. Tires are 335 - 35 ZR 18 I believe, or 40, 45.. whatever comes stock.

Are you having second thoughts after you called me a liar? Or are you gonna say I didn't have enough pressure in my tires and it wasn't accurate?

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey
Dude, chill out.
I've been doing calculations, and based on rpm's, you are off, to your favor.
I used the stats from a 99, trans gear(5th), final drive(3.07), and also the tire size(335-35-17).
For that size tire, it would have a circumference of 6.87 feet.
And then you do the calculations. Do you know how to calculate mph from this? Do it, you may be surprised.
From the interior vid shot, use the above. Great for you.
If the first was also, also great for you. However, from the vettes(I was there) and even other footage of other high speed runs, I still don't see the 170(or the calculations from the second vid) in the first vid :confused: .

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why in the HELL do you guys care if he's going 170 or not? Gthomas, you're such a tool! "I've been doing calculations" ***??? I've gone that fast on several occasions! You guys crack me up! I guess the 2nd video tells the story, huh fellas?

OP
OP
S

Steel00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, chill out.
I've been doing calculations, and based on rpm's, you are off, to your favor.
I used the stats from a 99, trans gear(5th), final drive(3.07), and also the tire size(335-35-17).
For that size tire, it would have a circumference of 6.87 feet.
And then you do the calculations. Do you know how to calculate mph from this? Do it, you may be surprised.
From the interior vid shot, use the above. Great for you.
If the first was also, also great for you. However, from the vettes(I was there) and even other footage of other high speed runs, I still don't see the 170(or the calculations from the second vid) in the first vid :confused: .

Look at the red van I passed at the end of the second.. looks a little like the one in the 1st video? hmmmm...

All I can tell you buddy, is I was almost redline in 5th gear, I was indicating 170. Weather the speedo is fully accurate is out of my knowledge.

I'm caculating and getting 191, I know that's not right.

rpm x tire diameter
------------------
Gear ratio x 336 = MPH

OP
OP
S

Steel00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why in the HELL do you guys care if he's going 170 or not? Gthomas, you're such a tool! "I've been doing calculations" ***??? I've gone that fast on several occasions! You guys crack me up! I guess the 2nd video tells the story, huh fellas?

Because they have nothing better to do than argue and call people liars! :usa:

JKNUST

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While you ****** are arguing if that video is real or not... I'll be picking up the super models....

I'll believe anything anyone says.... if they hook me up with a super model. Pretty please?

I've only flown a puny R22, but you can roll into KBCB anyday and give me a shout with a super model on board.

I won't doubt or beleive anyone until I see one of those super models..... just being fair.

ViperDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friends 170 mph pass. Sorry for the bad video.

Look at the red van I passed at the end of the second.. looks a little like the one in the 1st video? hmmmm...

All I can tell you buddy, is I was almost redline in 5th gear, I was indicating 170. Weather the speedo is fully accurate is out of my knowledge.

I'm caculating and getting 191, I know that's not right.

rpm x tire diameter
------------------
Gear ratio x 336 = MPH

Now which is it, were you driving or your friend.

Sorry for doubting you :rolleyes: but 140, 170, 192 whichever, on that road with other people around is stupid whoever was driving.

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steel00GTS, you have the maturity of a 14 yr. old. You come on here and brag about how fast & cool you are and the type of women you allegedly consort with. This is the type of talk a teenager might engage in. You babble homophobic nonsense, use the lame "your a homo" or "stupid" bit because people take exception to your moronic blithering.

Do you really believe anyone cares how fast you say you were going or how "cool" you believe yourself to be or what type of women you say you go out with? You are self-absorbed and clearly hurting for attention - it looks like you'll get plenty of it here.

This type of behavior is indicative of someone requiring the services of a mental health professional.

It really is quite entertaining though, to watch you be an ass. Please continue to spew forth more crap from your dripping orifice you call a mouth; you are providing endless laughter.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really is quite entertaining though, to watch you be an ass. Please continue to spew forth more crap from your dripping orifice you call a mouth; you are providing endless laughter.

PRICELESS :2tu: :D

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You answered my question.

I'm not the dick head on the side of the road telling stories of how fast I WISH I would have drove with a mini cam.

You're right, that music you pick isn't rock music...it's something a ***** would like in his inflated *** video.

Let me guess..you're going to defend all the post about your lying ass video right? You're cool!

I know I'm cool. I've driven 170 in the Viper. I just drove an Enzo today. A guy I do work for has a Mclaren F1, Enzo and countless other Ferrari's. A G5 Gulfstream, 2 EC135 Eurocopters, PC12. I get to fly all of them. I drive and fly stuff most people don't even see in person. Sometimes I forget how cool I am, but thanks for reminding me! :2tu:

If it makes you feel better, I think your viper is sick looking. Don't get all bent outta shape.

Which is faster....????? Lets just say the Cobra is the more deadly snake.

The Girlfriend.

Dam I am cool. :headbang:

Maybe one day, I can be as COOL as you(God I hope not).

How do you get overly large head of your in a car.

I truly hope in your quest to be cool you do not kill someone, an innocence child, a mother or a family.... there is a time and a place for everything.... that is why they build race tracks.

Grow up quickly and become wiser.

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
S

Steel00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steel00GTS, you have the maturity of a 14 yr. old. You come on here and brag about how fast & cool you are and the type of women you allegedly consort with. This is the type of talk a teenager might engage in. You babble homophobic nonsense, use the lame "your a homo" or "stupid" bit because people take exception to your moronic blithering.

Do you really believe anyone cares how fast you say you were going or how "cool" you believe yourself to be or what type of women you say you go out with? You are self-absorbed and clearly hurting for attention - it looks like you'll get plenty of it here.

This type of behavior is indicative of someone requiring the services of a mental health professional.

Guess you got the "sarcastic overly cockiness" I was fronting. Geez... I already told you I did it for entertainment purposes, I'm getting a rise outta every one of you! rofl :headbang:

Since I proved the video to be true.. which I posted in the 1st place not to be cool but because I like seeing others post video's too. Now all of you can't attack the video so you have to pick on poor me :( so sad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456