VID: 170 MPH Viper pass....

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool video. but dude, that is the kinda stuff that kills, man. One little " bump " on the road and it coulda cost lives.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Cool video.

Next time, don't bother zooming in, because as soon as you do, you have to zoom back out as the car approaches! Either that, or zoom in first, before "rolling film".

170 in mine felt CRAZY, man!

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sure does not look like 170 MPH.
Also, wouldn't the guy get sucked towards the car if it was driving at such a high speed? :eek:

ViperDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I think he meant that was one 70 MPH pass not a 170 MPH pass. At 170 over bumps big enough to see in the white line he would have been flying gumball style

OP
OP
S

Steel00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't figure out why it doesn't look 170 mph. But for all the BS callers we had a camera inside the car to show the speedo @ 170. It didn't come out great but I'll get it on here.

I know it was dangerous and stupid. If you don't take risks you'll probably die of boredom.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"If you don't take risks you'll probably die of boredom..."

That is tghe single and most ******** response ( even if said as a joke ) I have heard in a while. Take a risk with your own life, not other peoples' lives. This " you'll die of boredom " crap belongs on Fast and the Furious style websites...not this one.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two lane, traffic-ridden road with cross streets, metal guard rail on one side with water-fill drainage ditch beyond, and densly packed high voltage power poles on the other side of the road. :(

What part of that doesn't sound nuts? :eek:

OP
OP
S

Steel00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"If you don't take risks you'll probably die of boredom..."

That is tghe single and most ******** response ( even if said as a joke ) I have heard in a while. Take a risk with your own life, not other peoples' lives. This " you'll die of boredom " crap belongs on Fast and the Furious style websites...not this one.

Thanks DR. Francisco.... I'll take that with me for the rest of my days.

When you live in Europe for a big part of your life you kinda get use to people driving 150+ everywhere.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The 187 pass is easier to see the speed, because you have a longer shot, that allows some refrence to surrounding scenery. The lack of music also lets you hear the roar of the engine, adding to your perception of speed.

The 170 pass is mostly just an oncoming car getting bigger, with little side-by-side visual reference to the passing countryside, then there is like one frame when it passes, then back to the rear shot of a vehicle moving away, same problem again of no way to judge its speed by passing objects. The music obscures the engine sound, making it even more difficult to judge the speed.

Whatever the case, it would be much safer to take it to a track, and get your jollies there. One bump and your Torquesteined'

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
how old this guy anyways? I don't think he going that fast because there are so many different reference points to go off of, even if he was zooming in and out.

Get rid of that crappy plastic sorry ass excuse for rock music out of your video...who is that? Lincoln Park, Trapp? they all sound the same to me...but anyways...it's your video...I agree with Francis up there...don't put other's lives at danger so you can look cool.

OP
OP
S

Steel00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how old this guy anyways? I don't think he going that fast because there are so many different reference points to go off of, even if he was zooming in and out.

Get rid of that crappy plastic sorry ass excuse for rock music out of your video...who is that? Lincoln Park, Trapp? they all sound the same to me...but anyways...it's your video...I agree with Francis up there...don't put other's lives at danger so you can look cool.

You're bitter because you only look like a middle age, wasted ***** in your viper.

And that wasn't rock music killer.

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't seem like 170mph from the cameras standpoint. Maybe if the camera filmed farther back, the perspective of speed would be more accurate.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

You're bitter because you only look like a middle age, wasted ***** in your viper.

And that wasn't rock music killer.

You answered my question.

I'm not the dick head on the side of the road telling stories of how fast I WISH I would have drove with a mini cam.

You're right, that music you pick isn't rock music...it's something a ***** would like in his inflated *** video.

Let me guess..you're going to defend all the post about your lying ass video right? You're cool!

OP
OP
S

Steel00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You answered my question.

I'm not the dick head on the side of the road telling stories of how fast I WISH I would have drove with a mini cam.

You're right, that music you pick isn't rock music...it's something a ***** would like in his inflated *** video.

Let me guess..you're going to defend all the post about your lying ass video right? You're cool!

I know I'm cool. I've driven 170+ in the Viper. I just drove an Enzo today. A guy I do work for has a Mclaren F1, Enzo and countless other Ferrari's. A G5 Gulfstream, 2 EC135 Eurocopters, PC12. I get to fly all of them. I drive and fly stuff most people don't even see in person. Sometimes I forget how cool I am, but thanks for reminding me! :2tu:

If it makes you feel better, I think your viper is sick looking. Don't get all bent outta shape.

You must be registered for see images

Which is faster....????? Lets just say the Cobra is the more deadly snake.

The Girlfriend.

Dam I am cool. :headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth