Video H/F Cats on stock 08 exhaust

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting my new Belanger Headers installed tomorrow, so, before I do, I took a small video of the sound of the Roe Racing High Flow Cats with Stock mufflers on my 08.
Other mods are K&N CAI and Mopar Controller wich removes the popping on decel.
I also tought that adding a bit of Viper show-off was 'de rigueur'
Enjoy !

You must be registered for see images attach

hightest

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice vid.
would you be interested in selling your roe cats?
I live west of you in Alberta.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds really good and deep. I'd love to try this on my car, but with no muffler, it might be too loud :(

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a complete Belanger and Mopar PCM system on my 08 about a month ago. I made 595 rwhp and 565 rwtq. I didn't have a chance to run 93 octane before I did my second dyno but I would like to think I would have made over 600rwhp. You will like it. Mine hauls.

OP
OP
S

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a complete Belanger and Mopar PCM system on my 08 about a month ago. I made 595 rwhp and 565 rwtq. I didn't have a chance to run 93 octane before I did my second dyno but I would like to think I would have made over 600rwhp. You will like it. Mine hauls.

The car is in the shop right now getting the Belanger installed.
I will go back on the Dyno next week to get the new numbers. BTW your 595hp/565tq are really amazing, Congrats, you really got a Beast!

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you go with the Belanger mufflers (Magna Flo) and Belanger hi flo cats? I did and it has a nice deep tone. I heard of people saying something of a drone but I think it sounds great.

OP
OP
S

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you go with the Belanger mufflers (Magna Flo) and Belanger hi flo cats? I did and it has a nice deep tone. I heard of people saying something of a drone but I think it sounds great.

NO, I chose the option of keeping the stock mufflers as I absolutly dont want any Drone, or not too loud either. On my SRT8 Jeep, the ****Drone got me crazy and I changed the exhaust 3 times before getting the right combo.

hightest

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what size outlets do you have on the roe cats; 2 3/4 inch or 3 inch?
Thanks!

OP
OP
S

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the drone.

Drone is kind of a deep booming sound that fills the cabin of the car at a specific rpm, in my previous experience, often between 1500-2000 rpm. If it's loud, it becomes very annoying as you are often in that rpm zone when just cruising around.
A lenght of pipe has a specific frequency resonnance at wich it will drone, so the Car Manufacturers tune the exhaust by changing the lenght/diameter of the exhaust pipes, or add a resonator so that the drone will happen at a rpm either too high (ex : above 7000 rpm) or too low to be noticed. On our cars, changing from a 2 1/2" to a 3" muffler of the same lenght can create it. The Corsa catback has a technology to cancel it, some people say the Magnaflow muffler that comes with the Belanger headers has a bit of drone, but if it's not annoying you're fine.
It's like blowing in a bottle of beer at a specific angle to create a sound.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video! I have just the Roe HF's on mine with the stock mufflers. I love it...more bark, deeper, but not too loud. Of course, exhaust note is subjective but I think it's perfect.

I would be curious to hear the difference with the Belangers when you are done.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Belangers make ridiculous power...mine had 575rwhp but I never had a chance to install the mopar PCM - all the dealerships in the area did not even know what that was or knew how to calibrate "such a machine"...I know if I had it installed, it would have been right at 600rwhp.

Mopar PCM + Belangers is the way to go fo'sho!:headbang:

OP
OP
S

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video! I have just the Roe HF's on mine with the stock mufflers. I love it...more bark, deeper, but not too loud. Of course, exhaust note is subjective but I think it's perfect.

I would be curious to hear the difference with the Belangers when you are done.

Your description of the Roe HF Cats is exactly what I also experienced.
The Belangers are now installed with the stock muffler and the description of the sound is about the same, execpt louder and deeper, like adjusting a stereo volume from 6 to 8 and the Bass level from 3 to 5. It absolutly screams at WOT, but is still very quiet when cruising around so you can talk on the phone on the freeway. Power level is probably up too, but it's hard to tell from the SOTP as it was already very good with the Roe Cats and Mopar Controller. I Dynoed last week at 551RWHP and 522RWTQ.
I'll go back on the Dyno soon to get the real numbers and plan on making another similar Video to compare the before and after headers.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The high flow cats sound real good, I think the pcm upgrade really smooths out the sound. Almost sounds like it's better tuned than the stock system with its popping when you let off the gas.

Looking forward to hearing the final setup....doing headers and exhaust on my car right now too.

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
S

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The high flow cats sound real good, I think the pcm upgrade really smooths out the sound. Almost sounds like it's better tuned than the stock system with its popping when you let off the gas.

Looking forward to hearing the final setup....doing headers and exhaust on my car right now too.

Cheers,
George

Yes, the Mopar PCM makes quite a big difference in the way the car acts and sounds. On a cold start with the stock PCM the exhaust is loud and rough for the first minute before it slowly settles down to a lower rpm and then it Pops a lot on decel. With the Mopar PCM the car starts smooth and constant right away and the popping is totally gone with the HF Cats, but I just noticed a bit of popping is back at higher revs with the Headers.

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is the exact setup I am considering. Right now I have Roe HF cats, everything else stock. I will be real interested to see the HP gains of the headers only, on top of the HF cats.
Also, if you can, please post a soundclip. I am thinking that I would like my car to be a little louder, but not to the point where it is obnoxious. I think leaving the catback stock will give me what I am looking for. I know you can't tell that from a soundclip but it would be helpful to hear the tone through the stock catback.
Thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang