Video of Me vs Stroked C5 Vert!!!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is one bad ass C5 :D We went at it about 10xs and he would always get me. It's an Are 436 that is ~500 rwhp and tq. The sad part is that he was not running a 100% the car was pulling timing, yet he still wooped my butt :eek:
gotta save the video to hard drive first then rename to .avi at end to view. You must also have lattest divx player.
http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/eug//eugvsmoundir.avi.wmv

Dunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great video quality! Seems like you got a pretty good jump on him each time you started out. What happened everytime you shifted after the start? Seems like you ****** it as if you didn't get it in gear? or is that just his car pulling so hard? Either way, bad ass cars and great video!

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome video. Maybe one of the best I've seen on this site. Except for the Extreme Bikini. That one would be hard to beat.

One thing would have made the video better, you winning.

Took me a while to figure it out, but you need the DIVX decoder in order to play it.

Here's a site for it.

Download the free one.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike, what is wrong with your shifter? Do you think you have a linkage problem? Have you figured out why 3rd is so hard to hit in your car?

The fun run videos are always the best because it is during the day. Night videos are rather lame in comparison. We need some strong Viper's to beat the Vettes on those runs. Any takers?

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dunn the first few times I missed 3rd as usual :eek: I think my gears hurt me since I have to shift early and often especially into 5th while the vette is in 4th. I think Eldiablo might have a better chance in top end runs. I want to run from slow 1st gear where I can take advantage of my gears. What do you say Eug? :D

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aaron I think the piece behind the wheel is no good :p lmao

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In that 2nd run, if you look through Moundir's windows - it looks like a Z28 was trying to keep pace for a second. Not sure.

The C5 sounds NICE from inside the cockpit there.

EuG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the props guys! Glad you enjoyed the video.
It’s a lot of fun as always. :D
Mike you car looks great and sounds awesome too!

I want to run from slow 1st gear where I can take advantage of my gears. What do you say Eug?
We can try that, why not! :smirk:
I just gotta figure out what the hell is causing all this stupid KR and timing pulled
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images
<agrrrrrr>

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In that 2nd run, if you look through Moundir's windows - it looks like a Z28 was trying to keep pace for a second. Not sure.

The C5 sounds NICE from inside the cockpit there.
No that was another C5 that I also raced. Video of that race will prob be up later tonight or tom :D In all I raced 5 corvettes which we got all on video :p

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That race would have been much closer if the Viper driver was on par with the Vette driver. Just listen to the shifts in the Vette vs. Viper, just more practice is needed.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get plenty of practice but I still have problems with one shift only, 2nd to 3rd :mad: Maybe it's time I invested in a short throw shifter :confused:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're you trying to sell or offering to sell your Viper on the corvette forum the other day? I thought I saw you on there offering it to a guy who was selling and looking for a Viper? If so your car is much nicer than any of the Vettes. Keep what you have.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only want to sell so I can get a 99 acr to boost the hell out of :D I hate the pistons on this car. I should have bought a used one, but my ego wouldnt let me do it :mad:

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike, I only wanted 96-99 for that very reason. Then I thought about what was the best color in those 3 years and came up with the blue/white. I know myself, and I would not be able to keep this car stock for too many years. It will get boost... But not this year. You can still go with the Roe kit, which puts out some very respectable numbers if you add the basic mods with it. That is not a bad option at all.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
600 rwhp is not enough for me, and with the abuse my car takes I hightly doubt my engine will last with 6lbs of boost for very long lmao.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
600 is nothing to sneeze at and I think it would make for a very fun car to drive. I hope you are not looking to be the king of highway pulls... If you are, you better be ready to open those purse strings mighty wide. Any starter SC or H/C will not get you king status. The big boys will be out to play this year and you will need to bring a big expensive stick to nock them off their throne. I was playing that game for a while but I stopped when I bought this car.

It is a great car, enjoy it!

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sell the Viper and get 03 Cobra if all that you want is strait line speed. It will cost you 5th of the Viper to mod the Ford.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I need is 25k for a nice Heffner system with all the works good for around 850rrwhp :D That's all I want lol. I dont think any of the big boys down around our neck of the wood can mess with that ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang