Viper 2001 Wont start

viking15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a 2001 Viper and stored it in my garage for long periods of time without driving It was stored in the garage for 45 days and I go to start it and the engine just makes a clicking sound . When the ignition is on I notice the battery meter needle in the red area but my lights can turn on Could it be I need a new battery

Please advise

thanks

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Try charging the battery. It may work...for a while depending on age and type of battery.

You may need to change battery...if so, be sure to check the cables at the point where they enter the connectors.

If you need to know more, feel free to call me.

OP
OP
V

viking15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try charging the battery. It may work...for a while depending on age and type of battery.

You may need to change battery...if so, be sure to check the cables at the point where they enter the connectors.

If you need to know more, feel free to call me.
Thanks Steve I will try that.

MtyMous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should also buy a battery tender so that you don't run into this issue in the future. Even if the battery will take a charge this time, it's not good to completely discharge a battery repeatedly. It will certainly cause damage. A battery tender (and buy a high quality one) will keep this from happening and will safely trickle charge and maintain charge for very long durations.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's battery for sure. Charge it and you should be fine unless it's too old. You can charge it at the terminals behind the left front wheel and don't need to take the battery off (PITA) unless it's totally dead.

The lights and electronics require much less power than the starter motor needs to crank this behemoth engine. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets