Viper Art Finished

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to give everyone an update on my Viper art project. I wanted to express my love for the Viper, the respect I have for certain individuals who have helped me out or had a hand in creating the Viper, the history of my particular GTS and my experience thus far with it. The artist I hired did an unbelievably fantastic job, took directions extremely well and combined my story with his creativity. I would like to extend my deepest thanks for this truly fun experience. It was a great pleasure. The pictures do this painting little justice, it looks so much more vibrant in person and you will be shocked at the little details and words in the background the camera did not pick up. It’s a big 24x48 painting so I think being shrunken down to this size diminished its true detail.
Where’s Waldo Time:

1)Find the classic car song
2)Locate the 4 Sneaky Petes
3)Find the 6 street signs
4)Locate Chuck Tator and his snake pit
5)Locate the three Dodge words
6)Locate the two VCA words
7)Locate the two Ebay words
8)Locate the three Viper words
9)Locate the individual GTS, RT10, SRT10 words
10)Locate me (Hint I’m not a chick and I shave my dome)

The explanation of the painting and hidden personal details:
I already covered some of this in the intro so I will skip that stuff. Let’s start out with the dates. I had 1989 put in because it’s when the concept was released to the public, had 1992 placed in because it’s the first Viper model year, had 1997 followed by “Dodge Viper GTS” because it’s the year and model of my viper.

Below the “1997 Dodge Viper GTS” are three names representing the owner history of my GTS. In order of the owners from first to me being last. In the highway sign are the places my viper called/calls home. First being Westford MA where my viper currently resides and the number 2 representing miles on the highway to the Westford exit, next is Fredonia NY where the second owner lives with the miles distance to Westford, next is Tempe AZ where the first owner lives and the miles distance again to Westford, showing the journey my viper took to arrive in my grateful possession.

The next street sign along the highway has my VCA screen name “JohnnyViper” and an arrow pointing to where I live in Lowell, MA. Off to the left is the artist’s representation of my car with its SRT10 six spoke wheels. The Ebay logo has been added in because it’s how I purchased my GTS. The artist included me on the right with a USA shirt and a Asian girl representing the nice girl who was with me the day I was found on the road by a VCA Viper Cruise which marked the start of many cool memories, events and great people (cool story in its own right) I included Bob Lutz (who helped to make the viper a reality), Carroll Shelby (who had a strong hand in the creation of the RT and GTS) and Ralph Gilles (who is keeping the viper alive) to show my respect and the history of the Viper development. Included is Chuck Tator in his Viper Wizard attire with a wrench in his hand representing a wizard’s staff and was include as a thank you for the help he has given me without asking anything in return. There are many more meaningful details but you get the idea. It is everything important to me Viper related which has made a wonderful one of a kind piece that I have proudly hanging on my wall. Anyone that is interested I would be happy to pass along the artist’s information if you would like to work with him. :drive:

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here we go!!!

Attachments

• Viper Art 1.jpg
    Viper Art 1.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Viper Art 2.jpg
    Viper Art 2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Viper Art 3.jpg
    Viper Art 3.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Viper Art 4.jpg
    Viper Art 4.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 33
  • Viper Art 5.jpg
    Viper Art 5.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 32

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like 40 plus years ago you would have fit in perfectly. Has Sgt. Pepper written all over it. Nice.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
funny you should say Sgt. Pepper in reference to Beetles, the artist that did my painting is working on a project with Peter Max who designed a popular album cover for the Beetles

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I held off the first time this thread went around...didn't want to piss on your parade...but it looks like you want real opinions...soooooooooooooo, I don't like them. I don't hate the painting style, but the aliens and monsters and spaceships...FUGLY.

You welcome. ;)

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's badass, man. Most won't appreciate the composition and attention to detail for one reason or another, but as an artist I can truly see the amount of work that went into it AND know that that particular style ain't easy to pull off.

My only complaints would be that it's too small (needs to cover an entire building)...and the fact it's not in Austin :D It's effin' cool, man!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala