Viper as a weight loss device

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had posted before about interior heat in my viper prior to today.

. I had just come in from a cruise today and parked the car outside. It was 68 degrees late this afternoon in the shade where I parked and I waited a 1/2 hour with the windows down. Then I rolled them back up and put a thermometer on the console whcih registered 92 degrees with the windows up. 24 degrees hotter than outside. Drive on an 80 degree day and I can enjoy the heat of 100 degree desert without leaving my town. The floorboards are emanting heat and are even hotter.

I still exit the viper a sweaty mess and am pretty sure I have lost weight in the process. Car runs pretty much with the needle at 190.

Does anyone else have a weight loss machine like this. It seems the cabin heat soaks from the motor or exhaust when parked. Many time I have parked, had dinner, gotton back into the car and the cabin is hotter than when I left.

rhansenjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our '94 RT10 isn't that bad. It also runs at 190 as the temp. We used to get cooked while running down the road. After a trip from New Hampshire to Florida, we had air conditioning installed. Running with the air on and Mopar hardtop and Mopar accessory plexi windows has solved our problem while driving. I usually park it with the windows open and the alarm set so I haven't had the heating up while sitting you mention. I do note that the Viper really heats up the garage when put away compared to my wife's Durango. It definitely holds a lot of heat.

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get rid of those stock catalytic converters and mufflers and go with high flow cats and upgraded mufflers. The stock exhaust whether it is on an RT/10 or GTS is what is causing the majority of your heat problems. I had the same problem on my 95 RT/10, and switched to Roe Racing high flow cats and 3" mufflers. Sean Roe produces high quality, all stainless systems, and the sound is GREAT! THE HEAT IS GONE!! Sold the stock cats and mufflers on e-bay which paid for half of the new exhaust system :usa: