viper broke down last night!!!

arian23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was on the freeway last night and i tried to go full throttle and the car cut out and died. I tried to restart it and it wouldnt. I pulled over and waited 20 mins and it started. I know this might be a broad question but I just wanted to see what might be the problem. The only thing I did the other day was wash my K&N cone filters.maybe I put too much oil? has anyone ever expirenced this? thanks!!!

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how high were your RPMs? just a guess but you may have hit the rev limiter initially. how soon after did you attempt to start it again?

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
could have beeen water or oil on the MAP sensor, when you hit full throttle you may have sucked oil through the filter(if you over oiled it) and freaked out the MAP sensor....just a thought, i dunno

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Take a look in the tubes (smooth or resonator) and clean out any oil if necessary. Spray some QD electric cleaner on the MAP contacts. That will remove any film of oil on the contacts. ????? Good luck

OP
OP
A

arian23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It did it again today luckily i wasnt on the freeway this time. I was at a stop light and took off and had a little wheel spin and it cut out. You guys might be right about the oil thing because last night I put a quart of oil becuase it was a little low. I am planning on getting an oil change tomorrow anyways and hopefully it will solve my problem. So where is the MAP sensor located? and if anyone has any diagrams that would be helpful. Thanks so much. You guys are really helpful on this Forum instead of being sarcastic and talking crap about eachother. I like that.

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Arain, I dont think its ENGINE oil, but rather the oil you put on your K&N filters, pull your intake tubes and see if you see oil on the insides, if so, clean them out!

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys are really helpful on this Forum instead of being sarcastic and talking crap about eachother. I like that.

Hmmmmm what website does that sound like? :smirk:

Are you refering to the website that ALL the major tuners hangout at? The one where the world record setters post? The guys that have more mods on one car than 10 of the average owners here have?
It would seem like that would be a great place to get info.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are really helpful on this Forum instead of being sarcastic and talking crap about eachother. I like that.

Are you refering to the website that ALL the major tuners hangout at? The one where the world record setters post? The guys that have more mods on one car than 10 of the average owners here have?

You would think so...but a majority of the time we stock oriented folks get slammed...but that is just my observation from my posts and other non-seasoned tech folks.

But yes, this forum will always lend a helping hand regardless.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You would think so...but a majority of the time we stock oriented folks get slammed...but that is just my observation from my posts and other non-seasoned tech folks.

But yes, this forum will always lend a helping hand regardless.

Agreed. The other site could be great help if you have an extremely modded Viper. If you are stock or close to it, its not much help unless you enjoy being slammed

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Viper discussion section is extremely informative section. If you are getting slammed in that section, it's likey because your thread belongs in "Anything Goes" section.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery