Viper Community Part Resource Project

What would you want this Viper parts resource to be named?

• DBViper.com

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dodgeviper.co

• Vcaindex.com - viper club association index

• Vcaindex.org

• Viperdatabase.com

• Viperdodge.com

• Viperindex.co

• Viperindex.com

• Viperindex.org

• Viperindex.net

• Viperindex.info

• Vipers.info

• Other - Add reply/comment

• Total voters

Samhane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Viper community! I am new to the viper community but want want to give back. I have a GEN3 and just purchased a GEN2 that needs some help - airbags, etc. Anyhow, I quickly found out how difficult it is to source parts. I started building a website that lists all the parts, replacements, and/or alternatives. It will allow comments and public feedback for additional ideas and assistance. For example, in my GEN2 I am using a GEN3 steering wheel/airbag (also use Gen2 steering wheel w/GEN3 airbag) and SRS components to get a functioning airbag. A dodge neon airbag actually fits as well and the logo removed - not saying all of the suggestions/ideas would be ideal, but we can list them as suggestions. It is common knowledge that dodge uses parts from many other vehicles that interchange with parts on the viper. The site will contains ideas and suggestions like this.

This website is purely for the viper community. I want it to be a simple site that the community can use to help find/suggest/comment on sourcing parts. The site will belong to the community and I want to make it clear that this site will not be for any personal gain. I am more than willing to hand it over to VCA or whomever we decide. I have put together a large list so far with many parts that can be interchanged and locations that I can share. The idea is for the community to add to this so it can be a viper community resource.

Please let me know your thoughts and comments. Here are the domains I have so far and wanted to get the forum’s opinion. If you have a suggestion that is not listed but own the domain please include it in a response. Anyone that wants to contribute is more than welcome to participate in this project!

Thank You!

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Very cool idea! I know I've seen a little of this in the past and even some first hand with my mom's gen 1. The early cars were definitely more "parts bin specials", though it makes sense that even the later cars would still pull from the company part list and not have every single thing be unique to the platform. I think something with parts in the URL makes the most sense in my head, but that's just me. Always nice to see someone helping out to keep these cars on the road. The Viper seems like it has always existed in a weird gray area when it comes to production volumes. It's not quite as exclusive as specific Ferraris or other exotics (though some models I'm sure are), but it's also not nearly as high volume as something like a Vette. I find it strange that more companies haven't gotten into the Viper restoration market since they are getting more and more valuable and they also have a bad reputation of needing repair more often due to driver inexperience if you catch my drift. I think that might happen eventually as the cars do get older, but at the same time I guess you could potentially make as many reproduction parts in a year as there were cars that ever used the part to begin with, so it's not the most sustainable business. Hopefully 3d printing and new technologies can help to fill the gap for the more unique and tooled parts like interior plastics. That would allow "on demand" fabrication without being crazy expensive like multi thousand dollar injection molding tooling.

OP
OP
S

Samhane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will have the first release of the site in the next few weeks. I will post a link to it. Looking for any input on ways we can make it more useful, features to include, etc. Site will be ad-free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper