Viper could become a Chrysler!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't bother me in the least. Just means Chuck and Woodhouse would have to change their name to "Chrysler" instead of Dodge.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything is possible. The coming month there will be big changes at Chrysler. It is necessary for the survival of the company. The problem is that they might take decision good for short term to make as quickly as possible financially viable Chrysler then they will likely resell it in chunks. This is part of corporate life cycle. Nothing to do with good or bad products. Unfortunately things went to far in the accounting department at Chrysler. Those accountants at the head office didn't do their job. It is just not normal that a company is so poorly managed like this. I hope in the coming years federal regulations will get tougher on company executive so they will be liable when things go so wrong. This is my opinion from share holder point of view. And this doesn't apply just to Chrysler. Once the company is saved the next stage will be to develop a couple of quality products that will insure middle and long term viability. That's my short opinion.

Read a couple of Wallstreet papers on the automobile industry ... there are huge changes coming. There will be loosers and winners. I hope Chrysler will be in the winners' group. It just takes tough guys who dare to take tough decisions.

Last edited:

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great. I'll have to recalibrate all of the counter techs at the local Auto Zone from "Look, it's a Dodge," to "You were right, it's a Chrysler."

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

:bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker:

:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Your icons say it all! Top is the customers; middle is employees and bottom is management! There has got to be a better way forward to put near century old domestic automobile companies on a sound financial and growth trajectory. I would hope a former VP, Treasury Secretary and sucessful GE Executive who ran a heavy manufacturing operation (Power business) can figure it out.

Last edited:

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't bother me in the least. Just means Chuck and Woodhouse would have to change their name to "Chrysler" instead of Dodge.
Might not be that easy........
"Chrysler LLC is considering wide-ranging branding changes that would streamline its product offerings and eliminate as many as 1,000 dealers, the Wall Street Journal reported today". If Chrysler did re-brand would they allow "Dodge" dealers to sell and warranty " Chrysler"Vipers?:dunno: It doesn't work that way now.

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really...what would be the big deal? So, it's Chrysler instead of Dodge :dunno: ~juli
Is a big deal. Now you buy your Viper from a Dodge dealer and it is warranted by Dodge. If they badged the Viper you would have to do the same from a Chrysler dealer. If your present Dodge dealer didn't have a Chrysler sign, he couldn't sell or warranty Chrysler Vipers. Along with the statement that they could elimanate up to 1000 present dealers, it becomes a big deal to a small stand alone Dodge dealer

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is a big deal. Now you buy your Viper from a Dodge dealer and it is warranted by Dodge. If they badged the Viper you would have to do the same from a Chrysler dealer. If your present Dodge dealer didn't have a Chrysler sign, he couldn't sell or warranty Chrysler Vipers. Along with the statement that they could elimanate up to 1000 present dealers, it becomes a big deal to a small stand alone Dodge dealer

I hear ya...especially with the 'elimination of 1,000 present dealers', that is scary...HOPING that our dealers, especially Chuck Tator, are not adversely affected...will keep fingers crossed for that. ~juli

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bet they'd figure out something to keep from ******* off millions of previous customers.

The warranty thing...

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cerberus Capital Management is in very deep s__t. They bought a 51% stake in GMAC one year ago, paying top-dollar at the height of the sub-prime mortgage craze ... GM kept the other 49% and just took a $38B write-down associated with that 49% interest.

So Cerberus has other BIG issues in addition to their 80% ownership of Chrysler.

Nardelli is a Six Sigma hatchet guy ... unfortunately, Six Sigma is turning out to be the anti-creativity pill for many of the companies that have taken it thus far ...

In the Auto biz, Six Sigma translates to impeccable quality with ultra-efficient operations, but boring products that sell to the segment of the market that cares little for style ... e.g. the proven Toyota formula for success ... see where this is going

(the question is, how many Toyotas is the market big enough for?)

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Viper was already sold under the Chrysler brand in Europe in the past.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The story here isn't necessarily about a new chrysler logo on the viper. Their going to eliminate up to 1,000 dealers. Their going to tell your friendly dodge dealer he's out of the viper business unless he also has a chrysler franchise. No issue to Bill P but this may be a big issue in your town.

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cerberus Capital Management is in very deep s__t. They bought a 51% stake in GMAC one year ago, paying top-dollar at the height of the sub-prime mortgage craze ... GM kept the other 49% and just took a $38B write-down associated with that 49% interest.

So Cerberus has other BIG issues in addition to their 80% ownership of Chrysler.

Not to mention they are having trouble raising debt financing that was to be in place around now. Spreads have widened out huge and it looks like it could be a while before the money is in the door - and the rate won't be good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi