Viper Crash Test

SilverViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know where I can get some info regarding crash tests performed on Vipers? My understanding is that neither the NHTSA nor the IIHS have ever tested the Viper!

Thank you!

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly, it appears unobtainable. Dodge did their own crash testing during development, but I too have been unable to find any published results.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper Crash Test

The windshield didn't break

416crashtest-thumb.jpg

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A new car model cannot be sold for on-road use in the US without being crash tested. There has to be some data in a government certification file somewhere.

Freedom of Information Act?

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't believe all new model cars sold in the US are required to be crash tested. It solely rest in the numbers produced. If I remember right the government does not mandate crash testing a car if production is less than 3000 cars a year or something to that effect. The Viper use to fall in that category.I dont know what their production #s are today. The only two requirements are emmissions and that old (early 70's) 5mph bumper test (insurance co's pushed for). As it is worded ? Look at the air bag on the 92-96 RT10 None. All other cars produced in the US then had air bags why not the viper. The Viper was not mandated to have it. It was introduced in the 96GTS's & Up and 97RT's & up. But I beleive Dodge only added it because it is an added safety feature. Again were they mandated to do so? No ! Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think ABS was available on Vipers till late 2000 ? or 2001 ? I'm sure someone will correct me about that one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960