Viper days video

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice save in the high speed 'S'ess. Everyone get's bit in turn 4 sooner or later.

I was in red group but watching your video makes me vote that you are a great driver.

VIR challenges everyone and the only saving grace I have is that it's my home track.

Most events at VIR have some major damage due to the speed and complexity. The fact that Viper Days came again with no serious incidents is only testiment to the instructors and coodinateors.

GO Viperdays! (and forgive my spelling)

JSS

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Wow! I just got done watching the first one, and I gotta say, it looks like you were tearing up the track! Passing the d.h. in the P-car, Vettes, Vipers, wow. Great job!

What group were you running in? Maybe its time you jumped up one level!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of when I spun off road, over this drainage ditch. I remember seeing the dirt cover my windshield, and sliding off to reveal I was facing backwards, 50 feet off the road. There was no way I could have survived, if I had spun off the road just 5 feet earlier, or five feet later. Car spun around while going over the driveway, the only "bridge" accross the ditch. Talk about lucky....

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good driving bro... What brake upgrades have you performed (fluids, pads, etc...), if any? Z06 is a great track car, I just wish it had more HP/Torque for street fun. Not to say that can't be corrected in the aftermarket. :D

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice vids,

Just went a bit deep in the 2nd one at the end. How many pounds of dirt did you have to scoop out of it?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great vids Tim! LOL you get props for showing the screwups in the first one. If you don't go off course once in a while you aint pushin'. Great driving in the second. I'll be there next year.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finished the 1st video and I must say you use every inch of the track.....off to #2.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finished 2nd video and I must say you use every inch of the track and them some. Hope you didn't scrape the front up to bad. Looks like alot of fun.

OP
OP
T

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am running running stock brakes with valvoline synthetic fluid and stock pads. I had some pfc on order, but they screwed up and did not get in on time, so I was forced to mix and match some old pads.

I was running 2:19 the first day, and managed to tweak my line after listening to barry on sun, and pulled off a 2:17.4. Found a little more room at the top of the esses, and was able to carry more speed through the turn after the esses. Also tweaked the oak tree trying to hit the cone where the corner worker was standing.

It's great running with the vipers! Fast cars mean less passing and a lot more competition. I have a vid of me and the red race car (the one at the end of the first vid I was able to pass) on sunday evening, and we went at it for 5 laps or so. I was getting him in the braking and the esses, but he pulled away in other sections. I got within about 50 feet of him but finally gave up. I'll post some more later. BTW ran in the blue on sat and the white on sun.

Tim

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing Video Tim! You ran the track the way it should be. I had to laff as the frustration mounted w/that red ladybug/porsche/slowpoke wouldn't let you by. That must've been frustrating as I wanted to see you tear past him regardless of a point-by. I didn't see any flaggers in the video at all otherwise this guy mightve got the hint sooner!

Again,

Great vid!

Jay K.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tim, great vids. I was there with my dad spectating on Saturday from 1:30 on. I noticed you're from Atlanta, as there were a good size group of you Vette guys from GA. What color was your Vette? Looks from the vid that you're in the yellow one. Was that wrapping you had on your front and side on day two? What days were these vids from.

Thanks for posting these great vids!

Note to all other Vette owners:
See, we're not "rude" to all Vette guys, just to the ones that disrespect us, our board, and our cars.

OP
OP
T

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Note to all other Vette owners:
See, we're not "rude" to all Vette guys, just to the ones that disrespect us, our board, and our cars.

I've found people on this site to be very friendly and have met many at events or I wouldn't post here. Both cars have their advantages and disadvantages, as a driver it is your job to maximize your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. A lot of uninformed people who read magazines like to speculate on which car is faster at a track. I say take it to the track and see what you can do, having the fastest car in the world won't help if you can't drive it. The clock doesn't lie.

Tim

PS I was in the silver car with the red stripe. I didn't have as much shrink wrap on mine, but will be spending a day getting the rubber off. The wrap was from home depot and works pretty well.

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOT but a blast! 12 Comp Coups were good to see.

With my best times of 2:26 and change here is all in need to work on:
+ the right line;
+ heal toe;
+ not coasting (either on the gas of off it);

I started out at 2:36 on Saturday and got better. I can't wait for next year when I have better control of the go and slow pedals and hope to get in to the teens. No wood chucks for this self insured driver.

Tom

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am running running stock brakes with valvoline synthetic fluid and stock pads. I had some pfc on order, but they screwed up and did not get in on time, so I was forced to mix and match some old pads.

I was running 2:19 the first day, and managed to tweak my line after listening to barry on sun, and pulled off a 2:17.4. Found a little more room at the top of the esses, and was able to carry more speed through the turn after the esses. Also tweaked the oak tree trying to hit the cone where the corner worker was standing.

It's great running with the vipers! Fast cars mean less passing and a lot more competition. I have a vid of me and the red race car (the one at the end of the first vid I was able to pass) on sunday evening, and we went at it for 5 laps or so. I was getting him in the braking and the esses, but he pulled away in other sections. I got within about 50 feet of him but finally gave up. I'll post some more later. BTW ran in the blue on sat and the white on sun.

Tim

Good job Tim. That run group video looked a little full of cars you had to work around. None the less you were all over the red Viper. He had some corner acceleration but that was it. I thought he never was going to point you by.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim,
I was the guy that qualified #3 right behind you on Sat. I wish my shifter didnt have probs from session #2 on, I would have loved to see if I could have improved along with you. I dont think I would have hit 2:17, but would have been fun trying! I was the Black #65.

Great job. Did you get first in SS class?