Viper Discontinuing ???

Chris Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to this dealer
<font color="red"> DODGE SAID THERE WILL BE NO 2007 VIPERS SO THESE ARE BOTH THE FIRST AND LAST 3RD GEN COUPES ? ONLY 200 TO BE PRODUCED SO CAR IS GUARANTEED TO BE COLLECTIBLE

Did I miss the memo?

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper Discontinuing...

well no 07 model is true (not official). it will come back in 08 with a freshened up model and a 8.4 liter V10. as for only 200 being produce i think hes thinking of the first edition

OP
OP
C

Chris Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the info, but I am also curious what happened to this orginial post?
I posted this question about 3 hours ago, had about 4 replies, then it just dissapeared, WHY?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I saw your original post, but when I saw it, there had been no replies. Posts that deal with the Viper being discontinued have a habit of disappearing around here. Someone may have deleted it before they noticed it was only about the Viper disappearing for 07' instead of for good

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

According to this dealer
<font color="red"> DODGE SAID THERE WILL BE NO 2007 VIPERS SO THESE ARE BOTH THE FIRST AND LAST 3RD GEN COUPES ? ONLY 200 TO BE PRODUCED SO CAR IS GUARANTEED TO BE COLLECTIBLE

Did I miss the memo?

The Ebay post says 2000 TOTAL Coupes in the comments section not 200. You should know to read more carefully when an independent dealer is involved and he is also promoting the car as NEW inside and out with 400 titled USED miles on it. Big surprize he also says it is RARE 200 in another part of the post. :rolleyes: As sween states there were 200 FEs B/W. This is a solid blue Coupe. Why would anyone send you a memo...nube?

OP
OP
C

Chris Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What difference would it make?
So a discussion about the Viper being discontinued forever is a subject us simple minded people are not allowed to question and discuss?

My orginial question was about the dealer stating 2007 was the last Viper, but now I question the purpose of this forum.

I saw your original post, but when I saw it, there had been no replies. Posts that deal with the Viper being discontinued have a habit of disappearing around here. Someone may have deleted it before they noticed it was only about the Viper disappearing for 07' instead of for good

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The reason is a lot of rumors like that are entirely made up or just posted by guys from other forums trying to cause a little havoc. 100% unsubstantiated false rumors are a waste of everyone's time. I'm only guessing thats why yours disappeared. With it dealing with the Vipers being discontinued, it was the 1st thing that popped in my head. I could be completely wrong and if I am, i apologize to the mods for accusing them of prematurely killing a thread

OP
OP
C

Chris Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Dawg

See the FOREST, not the trees.

The original question is "Will there be a 2007 model?" as many members have IM me now, there is discussion of there not being a 2007, but an updated 2008.

I never accepted the deceptive trade practices of a car dealer, I was questioning the premise of there not being a 2007.

My memo comment was sarcasium, sorry if you could did not understand

According to this dealer

Did I miss the memo?

The Ebay post says 2000 TOTAL Coupes in the comments section not 200. You should know to read more carefully when an independent dealer is involved and he is also promoting the car as NEW inside and out with 400 titled USED miles on it. Big surprize he also says it is RARE 200 in another part of the post. :rolleyes: As sween states there were 200 FEs B/W. This is a solid blue Coupe. Why would anyone send you a memo...nube?

OP
OP
C

Chris Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chad,

Good point, I did not think about people with nothing better to do then stir up trouble.
I have mostly been a observer in this forum over the years, but since I was about a week away from purchasing my first Viper I wanted to be as informed as possible.
Thanks for your insight.

The reason is a lot of rumors like that are entirely made up or just posted by guys from other forums trying to cause a little havoc. 100% unsubstantiated false rumors are a waste of everyone's time. I'm only guessing thats why yours disappeared. With it dealing with the Vipers being discontinued, it was the 1st thing that popped in my head. I could be completely wrong and if I am, i apologize to the mods for accusing them of prematurely killing a thread

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

I think you are correct. We don't need stupid nubes that open their stupid mouths and print in RED that the Viper is being discontinued...EVEN THOUGH HE DIDN'T GET HIS OFFICIAL MEMO!!!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Hey Dawg

See the FOREST, not the trees.

The original question is "Will there be a 2007 model?" as many members have IM me now, there is discussion of there not being a 2007, but an updated 2008.

I never accepted the deceptive trade practices of a car dealer, I was questioning the premise of there not being a 2007.

My memo comment was sarcasium, sorry if you could did not understand

According to this dealer

Did I miss the memo?

READ THE TITLE OF YOUR THREAD! BTW, the 2007 not happening is OLD news...YOU have not enlightened anyone. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
C

Chris Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dawg,

I appreciate your acumen on this discussion. My thread was not a proclamation, but a question.

READ THE TITLE OF YOUR THREAD! BTW, the 2007 not happening is OLD news...YOU have not enlightened anyone. :rolleyes:

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This forum sometimes cracks me up!

Say one wrong thing, mistate information. Whatever the case my be. You piss the wrong person off and you instantly become the target of a 100 viper owners.

I don't know what Chris's intention was, and/or is, but calling him stupid without knowing the facts, simple makes you look like an over-egoed viper snob. Just my opinion of course. And Chris, I caught your sense of humor in the memo line.

Remember, truth is fact, not someones decsion in posting information. Who cares if the rumor is right or wrong. Facts will reveal reality, and new viper ownwers will come and go.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I think you 3 Texas boys should all get together and have a **** group hug :shocked:

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Dawg,

I appreciate your acumen on this discussion. My thread was not a proclamation, but a question.

Then your title should end with a ???????????????????????????????????.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just wondering why the original thread was removed?

i stated that there will not be an '07 model year car, already known. even though cars will be produced in the '07 calender year.

that the current '06 srt-c body/engine will end up being a one model year only. although the '06 production due to this will end up being relatively large not sure what the split of coupes vs. verts will end up being

Also stated that the '08, will debut with a bigger motor with more power, new/renewed sytling.

i know that everything i have said has been spoken/written about before i'm not quite sure what the objection could be

OP
OP
C

Chris Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sylvan

I appreciate the information, being new to the Viper scene I was not familiar with production schedule and changes.
Thanks again.

I do agree with you as to why a simple request caused a deletion of the orginial post.

i stated that there will not be an '07 model year car, already known. even though cars will be produced in the '07 calender year.

that the current '06 srt-c body/engine will end up being a one model year only. although the '06 production due to this will end up being relatively large not sure what the split of coupes vs. verts will end up being

Also stated that the '08, will debut with a bigger motor with more power, new/renewed sytling.

i know that everything i have said has been spoken/written about before i'm not quite sure what the objection could be

Dagger

I agree with you about the eagerness to prematurely disseminate negative commentary, although once I read the word "nube", well, enough said.

I don't know what Chris's intention was, and/or is, but calling him stupid without knowing the facts, simple makes you look like an over-egoed viper snob. Just my opinion of course. And Chris, I caught your sense of humor in the memo line.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please move this mass debation to the "General Viper" category where it belongs.
Thank you.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is this just "known" or actually has anything official been released?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant