viper fatality?

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad. Thats 10 minutes from my house. Me and my girl drive down this stretch of pch every weekend. Prayers are out for this guy and his family. A waste of life.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a very sad sight, and even worse that the gentlemen died. I was going to say that it was a rare color so it should not be hard to find the owner but the name is in the article, Joseph Silvia, 28. Was he on here?

AlbertFattal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend sister and I met him in 2004, he was pretty young guy

You must be registered for see images

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crash in Newport kills man
By HANG NGUYEN
The Orange County Register
One driver died and another was in serious condition after they lost control of their cars and crashed into concrete streetlights in two separate accidents in the same vicinity on Sunday in Newport Beach.

The first accident occurred at about 1 a.m. and the second one was at about 1 p.m. The rain storm Saturday night may have been a common cause in both accidents, said Newport Beach Police Lt. Dale Johnson.

"It was definitely wet when the first accident occurred," he said. "And the road was a little wet during the second accident."

In the first accident, the driver of a pickup truck collided into the streetlight. The driver, whose name was not released by authorities, was in serious condition at Western Medical Center in Santa Ana.

A female passenger suffered minor and moderate injuries and was taken to the same hospital.

In the second collision, the driver, also a man, died after crashing into a different streetlight as he was heading east on Pacific Coast Highway near Jamboree Road, Johnson said. He was identified by the Orange County coroner's office as Joseph Silvia, 28, of Rancho Cucamonga.

A passenger in the second driver's car was injured and taken to Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian but the severity is unknown, Johnson said.

The eastbound lanes of Pacific Coast Highway between Bayside Drive and Jamboree Road were shut down for more than two hours Sunday while police investigated the second accident.

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i saw that crash, i was riding down pch on my bike. they closed the road heading east. there was concrete everywhere, must have been going VERY fast. at that part there is a curve, maybe was going to fast and lost it on there. the road didnt look wet, but i live in la verne which is near rancho c. i think i seen his car around before =(

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i saw that crash, i was riding down pch on my bike. they closed the road heading east. there was concrete everywhere, must have been going VERY fast. at that part there is a curve, maybe was going to fast and lost it on there. the road didnt look wet, but i live in la verne which is near rancho c. i think i seen his car around before =(

Yeah I know. I see the concrete everywhere in the picture. Looks like it hit hard.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah I know. I see the concrete everywhere in the picture. Looks like it hit hard.

you dont need to see the concrete to tell it hit hard. that car is a MESS.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Authorities are investigating whether speeding caused a fatal traffic collision Sunday afternoon on Pacific Coast Highway west of Jamboree Road, Newport Beach police said Monday.

Driver Joseph Michael Silvia lost control, causing the car to collide with a light pole, killing him and hospitalizing passenger Matthew Biscan, police said. Speed appeared to be a factor, but Newport Beach Police Lt. Bill Hartford declined to say whether Silvia was driving faster than the limit.

The accident blocked traffic for 3½ hours on Pacific Coast Highway, Hartford said, especially noticeable with heavy traffic at 1 p.m. Sunday.

Police said Silvia, a 28-year-old Alta Loma resident, was driving a red Dodge Viper convertible eastbound on PCH between Promontory Point Drive and Jamboree Road when he lost control of the vehicle and smashed into the light pole. His passenger, 21-year-old Upland resident Biscan, suffered only minor injuries and was taken to Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian for treatment.

Alcohol does not appear to have factored into the crash, Hartford said, adding the cause of the accident might not be discovered for some time

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove by the site tonight. There is red paint all over the retaining wall and red cones still.. Very, very sad. Made me think twice about screwing around in mine. It is a very, very subltle curve where he lost it, he really must have been hauling *** to hit it in an almost straight line. The police are still investigating. For the locals it was just down from the newport auto center on pch. I'm praying for the guy and his family. :(

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very said, indeed.

A Newport Beach fire truck came down to the beach show Saturday. The firemen where showing me pics of it on their cell phones....

Just terrible. :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang