Viper GTS-R qualifies 1st and 3rd in Long Beach

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The SRT Viper GTS-Rs qualified 1st and 3rd in class at Long Beach. Strong running for a young team.

James Taylor
SRT Viper GTS-R Team Sponsor
1992 RT/10
1996 GTS

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic! Wish it was closer but will watch live tv broadcast tonight. Let's hope for a strong finish and safe race. Go SRT Vipers!

lpjr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
does anyone know if it will be televised and if so where and what time{central time} ...please!
thank you in advance

chikane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice their getting there .. cant wiit till i see them on the winner cycle .

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who watched Sebring knows that the GTS-Rs will be in contention this year. It will not be easy to maintain the pace over the course of the entire race, but let's hope they can avoid Gremlins and podium in the run up to LeMans.

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the race on abc this afternoon? Confused.... Googled it and still confused...thanks

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The race is 7:30 PM EST today on ESPN3, which is available on your computer providing your cable service access. If you have xbox you can watch it on there too.

I've been sick most of the week, I was going to post about it last night. Dom was FLYING and qualifying was pretty great in all classes. I didn't notice the changes to the cars until Friday but they have front canards and new pairs of mirrors. I asked Matt about them, he said they are stock mirrors but they had to move them up and out since the cars have wide hips.

--RS

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's some pics ALMS posted on their Facebook page.--RS
You must be registered for see images

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just opened an email from Dominik.

The plan is for the Vipers to come in first and second.

He and Kuno will have to decide which team goes over the finish line first. :rolaugh:
Which will it be? # 91:drive:or # 93:drive:?

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"American Le Mans Series: Dominik Farnbacher set a new lap record as they qualified first in the GT Class and 13th overall at the Tequila Patron American Le Mans Series running this weekend in Long Beach, California. The No. 91 SRT
You must be registered for see images attach
Viper GTS-R clocked in at 1:18:845 at 89.857 miles per hour. This is the first GT pole for the Viper since 2000 in Australia.

The No. 93 Viper wasn’t far behind: Jonathan Bomarito qualified third in GT and 15th overall with a time of 1:18:984 at 89.669 mph. They were just 0.017 seconds behind Henzler and Sellers No. 17 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR."

Live Streaming:
Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 7:15pm EDT

Television Broadcast:
Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 1:00pm EDT

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, I just can't believe what SRT is accomplishing, on their first year back in ALMS. It shows what this small, exceptional team can do, despite their small budget. First retaking the Laguna Seca production car record, what's next? Bring it!

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish them the best of luck! No telling how much they are being penalized and having to carry weight or breathe through a straw already.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's some pics ALMS posted on their Facebook page.--RS

The new ACR MUST, ABSOLUTELY MUST take styling clues from the GTS-R. :headbang:

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the cat [snake] is out of the bag, I was there, and the Viper did very well considering they are very new to the ALMS party. I believe that #93 was pushed from behind to spin--the red 458 Ferrary I think. #91 was leading deep into the race until the Factory BMW Z4 ran it down and then ran away.

It must be near impossible for the series to keep the cars which are dramatically different on an even playing field. We all know how strong the Viper, Vette, Porsche, BMW and Ferrari Factory drivers are. The BMW Z4 (a change from M3) looked like it was allowed to be a bit "more equal" than the others.

Nevertheless, a good showing for Viper.

On a side note, the black Gen V GTS with Gunmetal stripes on display looked mean.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the cat [snake] is out of the bag, I was there, and the Viper did very well considering they are very new to the ALMS party. I believe that #93 was pushed from behind to spin--the red 458 Ferrary I think. #91 was leading deep into the race until the Factory BMW Z4 ran it down and then ran away.

It must be near impossible for the series to keep the cars which are dramatically different on an even playing field. We all know how strong the Viper, Vette, Porsche, BMW and Ferrari Factory drivers are. The BMW Z4 (a change from M3) looked like it was allowed to be a bit "more equal" than the others.

Nevertheless, a good showing for Viper.

On a side note, the black Gen V GTS with Gunmetal stripes on display looked mean.

The BMW team has a good lawyer. The old cars were allowed aero advantages and to run a different front suspension from the street version. Among other things, the Z4 is allowed to run an engine that is based on an engine not available in the street version. :)