Viper GTS

B235R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello guys,

sorry if my english is not perfect.
I have searched a long time for a viper GTS here in Europe,and now it would be possible to pick one up located in germany.
It is an US-Import 2002 black GTS with black interior,the price is low for a EU-located Viper.(incl.Customs and Taxes payed)

I have only two questions that i hope anyone can answer me.

First of all is that its little damaged on the left side of the hood and front bumper and under the black paint i see red paint shining.Is this normal or has it been a red hood only painted black?.

Second thing what makes me little headache is:The seller tells me that the engine makes a noise,but cant tell me exactly what it is,but he says it has full power.Is there a common or known problem with the engine which can cause this "noise"?With only 11000 miles engine damage?

I havent heard it my own but will drive to him the next few weeks to have a close look to it.

Is it allowed here that i put the link from the car search site here so that you can see this car and maybe someone remember this car from the past and can tell anything about it?

Sorry if this are dumb questions :smirk:

regards

Daniel

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure you see the red paint due to the fact black was not available in 2002, only years for black in GEN II's was 99-00.

Viper motors do have a decent amount of valvetrain noise, whether it's normal on that car or not it's hard to say without hearing that particular noise. Not sure if the link posting is allowed. If you have any other specific questions, let us know.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what ricketts said plus sometimes you can hear the injectors clicking. if the price is right, and you plan on keeping it and / or driving it alot, vipers are very hearty yet simple cars. that means driving it good for you and the car. hope you get 1 (this 1 or another) soon

p.s., your english is fine :2tu:

:drive:

OP
OP
B

B235R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the answer,

The US Spec looks better without these ugly yellow side blinkers in the hood and the DODGE emblem at the rear bumper instead of Chrysler :)
Does anybody know whats the difference in the engine for US-Spec and Euro Spec? 450HP to 383HP?
I will try to put some pics from the car,hope that it works:eater:

Is the exhaust original or aftermarket?

Last edited:

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ya its still a very easy fix!! Mine was smashed bad and ya thats a easy fix for sure!!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya its still a very easy fix!! Mine was smashed bad and ya thats a easy fix for sure!!

What if the hood is a poorly pieced together, amateur repair of a busted up hood, and what is pictured is the first sign of the repair coming apart ? That would scare me away.

Also, looks like a Roe Racing scoop added on the roof..

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Repaint for sure, that's been said. Driven hard and put away wet by the looks of it.
Cars in europe live a much harder life (especialy in the cities) than in North America, the damage looks bad to us, but it's not that major. (would probably be "totaled" on the hood damage over here)
Perhaps you could talk to someone in the VCA in Germany, they may know the car and the history.
Limited choice over there, too. If it's a good deal take it. Good luck!

I see a GENIII in the background, maybe that's a better choice?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very old tires.
Roof scoop
Hood damaged
Engine making sound he does not know the cause?

Sounds like a lot of problems! Send me the VIN by PM and I try to find out more...

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
less horse power in euro models is due to tighter euro noise restrictions

yes its an aftermarket exhaust you have there, the tips at least

OP
OP
B

B235R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the replies:)

the guy with the black one wants 26900 Euro,that would be nearly 35000 Dollar.
Cheap for European based,but still overpriced with the damages i think,because nobody knows whats really with the engine,but i think i will drive to him and see it in nature and see whats the last price.
I havent seen the GEN3 in his offers,but for me personally it must be a GEN2 99 to 02 GTS.

I will try to get the VIN from him and post it,thanks

I have also found another one 2001,US-Import but now with german papers,30000miles,
maybe this would be a better deal,only dont know what to think about the color?

Is this an original Viper color?
Never seen that before
Price for the "red" one would be 29500 Euro without damage.

Attachments

• viperrotvore.jpg
    viperrotvore.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 60
  • viperrotrehi.jpg
    viperrotrehi.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
most Viper's get repainted after an accident...the gaps dont look to good at the candy apple red GTS...

onemile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red is cheapest EU located GTS which is advertised on mobile.de. Is it good deal or not depends on what you plan to do with it ? If you track it, drive lot of km's, modify hell out of it, then it probably is. Of course assuming it's straight car with no engine problems. Otherwisw I would look for good original cars and those cost about € 10 k. more. In fact I just bought one like this from Germany. It's my second GTS, first was bought from forum member here and imported privately to EU - adding 10% customs on top of US price+shipping and another 20% for VAT. This makes US cars quite pricey as well.

OP
OP
B

B235R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

was a bit busy at the moment,

the black and candy apple have died for me.The candy apple was a big big wreck with frame damage etc as i heard.

right now i am in a conversation with Nadine from UK and when we get clear i think i will buy her yellow GTS and import it.But will take until the weather allow it to drive it home by myself :)

As sayd it would be my first Viper,hopefully i will get her,would be my personal birthday gift :drive:

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

the black and candy apple have died for me.The candy apple was a big big wreck with frame damage etc as i heard.

right now i am in a conversation with Nadine from UK and when we get clear i think i will buy her yellow GTS and import it.But will take until the weather allow it to drive it home by myself :)

As sayd it would be my first Viper,hopefully i will get her,would be my personal birthday gift :drive:

Nadine is well known here and you will be in good hands buying from her. Good luck :2tu:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive seen the yellow car Nadine is selling and can confirm its a nice car :2tu: With the euro being the way it is against the pound it would be a good time to buy. :2tu:

trydh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello,

Where are you from?
There are a couple of GTS here in Sweden for sale to the right price !!
There are one red GTS ACR -99 for sale very cheap for ex.

/J.R Sweden

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, some things are not meant to be! Also, your English is fine!

Repaints are tricky...they are great if well done, with good prep. But can be a disaster if prep not done well or the painter is not good, etc. I have seen a few quality repaints here and they are very nice.

Original is safest, indicates no/less work.

My suggestion would be to contact your local VCA region and ask for recommendations, check to see what is for sale in your area. I wish I did that when I bought mine, but fortunately, I was lucky and got a good car!

If you find something, you can provide the VIN and see what the members can find!

Good luck!:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang