Viper Interior

Prinzeugen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2006 SRT-10 with 1700 miles on it.
Just about every test report I read, they rant and rave how uncomfortable and bare bones the interior of the viper is.
My experience so far, I think the seats are the most comfortable car seats I have ever sat in bar none. The interior is beautiful and very plush for a sports car. I don't know what any of these reports base there criteria on but I think they are way off.
What do other viper owners think?
Any commits?
:headbang::rolaugh:

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We drove our '03 Viper from Delaware down the entire Blue Ridge Parkway, and tail of the dragon. Enjoyed the entire trip. I am considering driving to Texas for the VOI rather than shipping.

I should add, as nice as the interior is in our cars, the new Gen 5 is world class. Fit finish and materials are georgeous.

Last edited:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car magazines love to hate on the Viper.

I love the seats in the GenIII/IV, super comfy and hold you in place when the road turns.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The seats in my 03, and the seats in my 07 SRT8, I agree, are the most comfy of any car. And while our interiors are Spartan, they have all the information with actual FUNCTIONAL gauges, not "dummy" gauges.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife always compliments the 08 on how comfortable the seats are. I'd rather drive it long haul over my truck hands down.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats up with that, I think the interiors in all the Vipers are Awesome, the magazines trash them, I do not get it. They also trash the Vetts interiors, they look good to me. I guess I come from poor means.:usa:

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 99. Yes, the interior is mostly plastic, but it looks nice, it has all the necessary information in a good location, and the seats are comfortable with good support. It is purpose built and fulfills this aspect very well.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the Gen3 seats the best. Firm with nice side bolster support. Just wish they were tighter to my fit body. I see them fitting the average guy perfectly though.

Gen2 are too soft and dont belong in a sportscar IMO. Replaced mine with a Sparco and love it.

Besides the seats, i think: Gen2 interior > Gen3 interior.

Gen5 = Different Ballgame :)

Black Adder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove my 06 gen 3 from Charlotte, North Carolina to San Jose, California in 6 days after the last VOI. Both my wife and I were amazed how comfy the seats were after a long day :)

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm coming from owning Toyota Supra's to owning my 1999 Viper GTS. I like the interior of the GEN II's and even more the later years.

What I have found after owning a Viper for three years now is that almost every American automotive magazine/reviewer are clearly opponents to the Viper and are bias.

After owning one, it is no where near the "bad" car critics make it out to be, yes it wants to kill you and keeps you at attention, but then again who would want to drive a sports car that didn't?

Everyone that rides in my Viper says they want one after.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I fell into the seat to drive my Viper for the first time I remember thinking...damn, this is nice.

St.Char

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I fell into the seat to drive my Viper for the first time I remember thinking...damn, this is nice.

When I fell into the seat to drive my Viper for the first time I remember thinking...damn, this is TIGHT! haha....I also still have to remember that the pedals don't line up with the seats. I have to position myself a little to the right side of the seat, otherwise I find myself occasionally applying the brake and gas simultaneously:omg:

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I fell into the seat to drive my Viper for the first time I remember thinking...damn, this is TIGHT!
Well, you're not supposed to "fall" into the seat, but gracefully ingress the inner sanctuary of your vehicle with style and the proper form...

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, you're not supposed to "fall" into the seat, but gracefully ingress the inner sanctuary of your vehicle with style and the proper form...

Well, at 6'5" its as graceful as a canned Ham.:D