Viper Matchbox/hotwheel cars

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to buy a good amount of these for a reasonable price. Better yet do any of the manufactures do special prints on any?

My wedding will be at an automotive museum, and the fiancee made a suggestion for gifts to use some hotwheel cars.

Thanks,
Justin

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the wedding!

I know that JonB has some really nice Viper models... they are not HotWheels... Price was reasonable.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NICE idea on the gift, and congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!!! I know that's a gift I'D love to get!!! Got a GREAT girl there, no wonder she's a keeper~! ~juli

1000.vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ColorComp will do an awesome job for you! Please keep in mind that for the Wedding and Baby vipers referenced above, most of the vipers were supplied to ColorComp. For my Baby vipers, it was an accumulation of extra vipers I got over the years by buying extras a little at a time at retail stores or toy shows.

The only viper that ColorComp has in stock to print on is a White Matchbox GTS and that stock is running low, last I heard. So FATHERFORD would still need to acquire the vipers for CCi to print on. If getting a full case of Maisto vipers works through Chad's idea, then those could be sent to ColorComp and they could design a creative wedding favor.

Let me know if there are any ColorComp questions as I have worked with them on 2 projects in the last 2-3 months.

Eric

OP
OP
F

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW Thanks guys!

Already have someone that pmed me about a box of 75 RT/10 vipers. Think I might pick those up and try and get some more and send them to Color Comp.

1000.vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool! Glad you are considering the ColorComp route, you will not be disappointed.

Please keep me in mind to buy at least one of each of anything you have made. I collect any vipers made by ColorComp and I have a bunch of friends that do also!

Thanks, Eric

OP
OP
F

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I got 144 red 92 rt/10's... Trying to find some others and make a few of each kind. Keep some extra(not printed ones) in the viper for car shows with little kids.

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When our son was married in 2001, we ordered 175 Matchbox silver PT Cruisers from Chrysler. My brother created a very intricate small scale reclica of our dealership, including the showroom and parking lot, right down to the schrubry and lot lights. We printed "Just Married" and their names on clear stickers and placed them on the rear of the car. We also printed the guests names, "Mr. & Mrs. John Doe - Table Number ___" on clear stickers and placed them on the top of the cars. The cars were then lined up in alphabetical order on the "asphalt looking parking lot". The display was placed at the entrance of the reception hall where each guest picked up their car and found their respective dinner table. It was an awesome display and a great conversation piece. The bride & groom pulled away that day in a silver PT Cruiser which was decorated and parked in front of the reception hall.

I'd love to put a photo here, but I've never had any luck putting photos on the Forum pages. Sorry!

Ginger

Last edited:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When our son was married in 2001, we ordered 175 Matchbox silver PT Cruisers from Chrysler. My brother created a very intricate small scale reclica of our dealership, including the showroom and parking lot, right down to the schrubry and lot lights. We printed "Just Married" and their names on clear stickers and placed them on the rear of the car. We also printed the guests names, "Mr. & Mrs. John Doe - Table Number ___" on clear stickers and placed them on the top of the cars. The cars were then lined up in alphabetical order on the "asphalt looking parking lot". The display was placed at the entrance of the reception hall where each guest picked up their car and found their respective dinner table. It was an awesome display and a great conversation piece. The bride & groom pulled away that day in a silver PT Cruiser which was decorated and parked in front of the reception hall.

I'd love to put a photo here, but I've never had any luck putting photos on the Forum pages. Sorry!

Ginger

Shoot me the pic, I will post it up for you

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here ya go Ginger, you were right, the pics are a little grainy, but still shows what an awesome job he did

PT_Cruisers_4.jpg

PT_Cruisers_3.jpg

1000.vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool idea with the PT Cruisers! I like how they turned out.

Vipzilla...are your matchbox all the same or different? Are you looking to sell any?

Eric

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu: Thanks for posting the photos Carmen. Every time I look at those photos it reminds me of just how "anal" my brother is. He did not have one car out of line on that lot...until the guests started arriving and taking their cars. All of that work and the lot was bare in the matter of about an hour. :(

DiecastViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Color Comp is the way to go! The do also have a silver srt convert. made by welly that they print on. I will post pics later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21