viper/mercedes benz SLC prototype spotted (spy pics)

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
deer whistles are plastic BS (IMO) devices you stick on your car that is suppose to "whistle" and send the wildlife scattering away from your car so you dont run into them.

http://www.sevendeals.com/p-3407-deer-whistle.aspx

i dont think any really knows if they work or not. i supoose i will NEVER know if they work on elk or kangaroos! :rolaugh:

the little devices on top of the fenders look like deer whistles. must be an IL thing! :D

OP
OP
S

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the similarities?

You must be registered for see images

I think the similarities are just a coquincidence. I think the car is just it super early developement stages and will look totally different when it hits the streets. I could be wrong though

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) It's a test platform for a new M-B vehicle. The Viper skin with the stretched front end is an attempt to conceal the true identity of the vehicle.
2) It's been reported on other sites that there are known M-B engineers in those photos.
3) There are rumors of the ZC platform being shared among a few halo vehicles (Viper included) between M-B and the new Chrysler. In that sense some of the lessons learned from this mule may apply to the next Viper.
4) If this is truly photos of a new Viper in development/test, someone from SRT would have already had this thread removed from this forum as has been done several times in the recent past.

Precisely!

For a more official explanation from the leading German automotive publication:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/auto_-_produkte/hxcms_article_506072_14194.hbs

Phil :)

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another iteresting thing about this car is the hitch. It is made according to european standards. It looks like that this is not our 2011 Viper.

And I agree 100% with this guy:

Die Bilder sehen für mich eher nach einem Dodge Viper Nachfolger aus.
Heckpartie und Seitenlinie mit der sehr langen Front gleicht sehr stark der aktuellen Viper.
Vielleicht handelt es sich ja auch um einen Versuchsträger für die Technik des SLC und die endgültige Form ist noch gar nicht definiert.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another iteresting thing about this car is the hitch. It is made according to european standards. It looks like that this is not our 2011 Viper.

And I agree 100% with this guy:

Die Bilder sehen für mich eher nach einem Dodge Viper Nachfolger aus.
Heckpartie und Seitenlinie mit der sehr langen Front gleicht sehr stark der aktuellen Viper.
Vielleicht handelt es sich ja auch um einen Versuchsträger für die Technik des SLC und die endgültige Form ist noch gar nicht definiert.

Yes but you totally missed the part where the editor said:

Ebenfalls unter der Viper-Tarnung ist in den kommenden Wochen ein weiteres Mercedes-Sportgerät in den USA unterwegs. Als Hommage an den 300Sl wird es 2010 einen Supersportler mit Flügeltüren geben.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes but you totally missed the part where the editor said:

Ebenfalls unter der Viper-Tarnung ist in den kommenden Wochen ein weiteres Mercedes-Sportgerät in den USA unterwegs. Als Hommage an den 300Sl wird es 2010 einen Supersportler mit Flügeltüren geben.

Dudes... this is the V C *A*. Let's be polite and keep a common language please.

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could we be looking at AWD in the future Gen?
Or 395 rear tires:)

AWD works well for the Bugatti tested in the September edition of Road & Track magazine.

Bugatti Veyron 0-60mph: 2.8 sec
Hennessey Viper 0-60 mph: 4.3 sec (with BF Goodrich drag radials)

Traction is the Viper's weakest performance link.

An AWD Viper? Interesting idea, but probably overwhelmingly opposed on this forum.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AWD works well for the Bugatti tested in the September edition of Road & Track magazine.

Bugatti Veyron 0-60mph: 2.8 sec
Hennessey Viper 0-60 mph: 4.3 sec (with BF Goodrich drag radials)

Traction is the Viper's weakest performance link.

An AWD Viper? Interesting idea, but probably overwhelmingly opposed on this forum.

:lmao: Point taken.

............both of them:rolaugh:

The Bugatti is 9000lbs also.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct you are. Vipers are LOW tech. I'd love to see the ME412 brought back though... with all of it's gizmos galore!:2tu:

How can Dodge keep us “king of the hill” with only rear wheel drive?

I've had traction issues with both Viper due to our excess torque. Now with 600+HP, how much can you ask of two rear tires?

I think we need to define low tech and lower tech. How many have switched off the abs on their Vipers?

I love low tech too but, we need too evolve if we’re to stay on top. IMO

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've had traction issues with both Viper due to our excess torque. Now with 600+HP, how much can you ask of two rear tires?

I think we need to define low tech and lower tech. How many have switched off the abs on their Vipers?

GET 'IM CHUCK!! :omg:

:D

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing more fun then excess torque... The new engine only has greater torque numbers at and above 4000 so below that it should be a bit better with traction issues especially with the non run flats.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A viper with all wheel drive wouldn't be a Viper at all. The Vipers Niche has always been a bare bones car drivers car for the real car guys. We don't want to go and do what Chevy did with the GTO. Dodge Slapping a badge that says Viper on a car that clearly isn't one would be worst then Dodge ceasing to make the viper.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang