Viper on a lift question

ohiotj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am taking the viper in to get some brakes put on. The dealer told me they don't even know if it will fit on their lift. As I have seen them on lifts before I doubt there will be a problem. Is there any specific point where the lift should be positioned? I am guessing on the jack points but just want to be sure. Thanks for any help.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dealer is a knucklehead. They definitely fit on even small non-commercial two post lifts. Yes, the arms have to be positioned carefully, but they definitely extend into the area where they can catch the frame in the rear. Sorry for your hassle.....heck dealers should know that stuff. Maybe go to someone who knows the car (apparently not that dealer!).

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with Drumrboy. You didn't say what year you had but any Viper can be put on a lift with little hassle - sometimes you have to lift the car with a jack to get the arms underneath. But if they are that confused, I'd find another shop.

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm an ASE certified mechanic, and I had a heck of a time getting mine on a lift the first time. It did fit, but it was a hassle. The car is so short that the arms barely went narrow enough to hit the jack points and weren't long enough to get all the way to the frame in the center. Also had to jack it up to get the arms under. It was still possible, but the car had to be placed at the exact right spot front to back, and had to be centered within an inch or so side to side. Not all lifts are as uncooperative as the one I was using. There's nothing too out of the ordinary about Viper brakes, any service tech should be able to get it done.

5 viper guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What year is the car and is definitely lift points underneath the car. Does this dealer have a certified Viper Tech? How many miles are on the car that you think it needs brakes?

OP
OP
O

ohiotj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's a 1993. I used to work for this dealer on the sales side and I know they are certified to sell and repair srt vipers. However they have not worked on one that I know of. I am putting ebc pads on and doing all the fluids to be safe. I am going to mid ohio this next week and would rather spend a few bucks and have everything fresh. The car has 11,500 miles and I have records of the services the po did too. But I hope to run it a little harder and brakes are a must in my mind. So are you guys saying put the arms under the emergency jack spot or on the frame? Thanks again.
Ryan

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way a lot of dealers do it if the lift arms can fit under the car is they have to drive the car up onto 2x4s. The they can get the lift arms under the car. Nerve racking experince but it will get the job done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte