Viper on Top Gear???

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering if they have ever tested any of the vipers on the show and if anyone has the video of it?

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, a blue/white GTS with its owner. Out of their 3 "experts" one hated it, one loved its American personality, and the 3rd wasn't sure what to make of it.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that was 5th gear a different programme, they also dragged a GTS against a nissan, and recently tested the SRT against a corvette(?)

Top Gear has also tested the SRT recently and has had Clarkson doing a quick vid in a RT (when it was first launched i've sent you this vid Jerry) on the streets of Detroit. Most of the other viper vids havent been on the TV, they save them for the DVDs

I've got all these vids stored

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, there was a different show where they bashed the new SRT-10 (if I remember correctly they were testing it and a new vetter).

I really thought the SRT-10 show sucked...not so much because they bashed the Viper, but the testing they did was about as unscientific as possible.... and not the same as a lot of the road tests they do on other cars.

IMO that show is strictly entertainment, nothing else.

Cal

pattymelt3605

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that was 5th gear a different programme, they also dragged a GTS against a nissan, and recently tested the SRT against a corvette(?)

Top Gear has also tested the SRT recently and has had Clarkson doing a quick vid in a RT (when it was first launched i've sent you this vid Jerry) on the streets of Detroit. Most of the other viper vids havent been on the TV, they save them for the DVDs

I've got all these vids stored

Could you send me the vids?

[email protected]

Thanks!

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ditto on links to the vids. I have the one of Clarkson with the SRT and the one of Tiff with the vette and SRT but I would love to see the others.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only have files not links, but you'll no doubt find SRT vid links if you search the SRT forum, there was some long threads dicussing the programmes

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Did you see the one, where jeremy tests the black SRT-10. And after ripping it, the drivers side sill started to catch on fire. That didnt look so good for the new viper

Secondly. It sucked when Stig was doing a lap in that black SRT-10. They had to do it when the track was freaken wet!! Stig did it in 1min. 28.5 sec, half a sec slower compared to the M3 CSL (wet) I just think that if the track was dry. The viper would kicked alot more ass..

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes they have one where they tested the Viper SRT-10 in black alone. The intro to that video alone was amazing, if I remember correctly in the first few minutes he burnt out the car to spell Viper.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
even better was the shiney Red RT at the very beginning of the vid, my old one :2tu: JC want to trash that to but the current owner wouldnt let him :)
which mithed JC, quite funny he demanded another red RT on the very same day of filming from our club president, fat chance, then had to eat lots of humble pie

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala